Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When people want to come in the restaurant and they don't wear a mask that is not a good sign. And that is easy to spot.

How do they manage to eat and drink whilst wearing a mask ?

This is why I wrote: "When people want to come in the restaurant". That's is before they take a seat and before they order and before they drink and eat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:
11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When people want to come in the restaurant and they don't wear a mask that is not a good sign. And that is easy to spot.

How do they manage to eat and drink whilst wearing a mask ?

Really ??????  being a little pedantic no? 

The mask comes off and goes in the bin while sitting at the table & is replaced by a fresh mask before leaving and walking past other tables. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

I've been 4 or 5 times and yes there are plenty of students there on the weekend, but I've never seen any other white people there before. This is more of a locals hangout and I only found out about it through a Thai friend.

It's actually a really good bar complex with a lake/pond in the middle, this no foreigners rule must have been introduced after I left Thailand, I departed 25th March.

It's things like this that will put people off coming to Thailand and that is if foreigners are ever let back in again.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

All the borders are closed, so, no infected foreigners are allowed into Thailand .

You dont have to be scared of us  

What about the Egypt guy? And African girl? Two week ago. 

They have covid.

safety first. 

Not scared.

Worry. How I know? Maybe it Logosone, Dr Tuner, ionsone, etc.

1 in 6 not full baht.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 8
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

This is in back area of a supermarket shopping center and not near any schools or near any Westerners or main road.

It's at the end of Ratchada soi 32, small shopping arcade and at the back is the bar complex. There is a uni nearby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

There are no laws within the Kingdom of Thailand which specifically outlaws racial discrimination inclusive of racist cliches and the restaurant has not broken the law.

for all those who think the restaurant broke any discrimination law ...   

Is it now indisputable fact as in etched in stone?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I've been 4 or 5 times and yes there are plenty of students there on the weekend, but I've never seen any other white people there before. This is more of a locals hangout and I only found out about it through a Thai friend.

It's actually a really good bar complex with a lake/pond in the middle, this no foreigners rule must have been introduced after I left Thailand, I departed 25th March.

It's things like this that will put people off coming to Thailand and that is if foreigners are ever let back in again.

Have you been to Thailand before ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I like to see the statistic of how many people do that?

It seems all the people who I know use one mask for the time they are away from home. They don't change it one or several times per day. But maybe I just don't know the right kind of people.

You are right...  it is for reasons such as this that the ‘Anti-mask’ debate has been raging.

We [the general] population have not been adequately educated to the most basic of standards about mask wear such that our poor ‘mask etiquette’ makes wearing a mask less effective than it could be. 

Though, thats a fairly moot point in a country with no local transmission for over 50 days and thus no asymptomatic people (if we believe that) which is a debate for another thread, of course !!!!

• Like 1