Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why ?   he hasn't broken any law.   If he doesn't want foreigners then so be it.  His loss in income.

Why worry ... 

What law(s)?  I didn't know there were any laws in Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's things like this that will put people off coming to Thailand and that is if foreigners are ever let back in again.

Moneeee number 1. They will be wide open by November.. Mark my words

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Dont be so obtuse , its well know that this Government doesnt take to well to criticism and its well known that some government ministers are not too welcoming to felangs .

That kind of video isnt going to give the Gov any reason to appreciate us any more , especially after they gave us all a visa amnesty

11 Star General: "Let's get rid of them... ah wait, that french guy took down the video so don't worry about it".

You're joking if you think the government needs an excuse at all to do anything they want. 

Forgive me for not selling out my morality and brown-nosing a group of people who had no choice anyway, given the lack of available flights, the international backlash they would get for ignoring the hundreds of thousands of foreigners here, the irreparable damage to their future tourism and the fact that they'd have no luck actually rounding people up or fitting them into the IDC...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

These are ALL factors when considering if you want to retire and spend 10 MILLION baht in LOS over the next xx years.  

I'm personally not going to, and this is definitely one reason why.

the 90-day thing is the big one....plus others.....we all know.

It's all about the FUTURE.  If a teenager back backer is denied because of his passport, feelings will be hurt and NOT forgotten.  It simply makes zero sense to discriminate against farangs.  

IF  10000 chinese planes arrive tomorrow, i could see a business doing some more checks before allowing patrons....but we have all been here together for months.  

Let us know what it's like in your next winter when you are no longer handsome and dismissed as an old perv. 

Avoiding one resteraunt and spending a whopping 30 mins sending off a 90 day report by mail or internet.. You will be constantly kicking yourself but at least your local lawn bowls club won't discriminate ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do they manage to eat and drink whilst wearing a mask ?

Just place a straw into your Nostril .

Easy pips ..

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Dont be so obtuse , its well know that this Government doesnt take to well to criticism and its well known that some government ministers are not too welcoming to felangs .

That kind of video isnt going to give the Gov any reason to appreciate us any more , especially after they gave us all a visa amnesty

<deleted> em and many Thais  think the same too currently especially when jobs are  going nationwide, didnt even allow  a fair  vote.

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

they gave us all a visa amnesty

They didnt give me an amnesty.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, anchadian said:

What law(s)?  I didn't know there were any laws in Thailand.

Of course there are Laws in Thailand .

However that said , they can be broken , @ a price ..

• Like 1

I think many of you still not get it.

Farang is out and will not be back in soon,

No wonder, all the bad news about Covid comes from the west,

and I think it is also our own fault,  every time I go out  shopping I see the farangs with the mask down around the neck or no mask at all in the streets. 

Thais wearing masks, 

so, try to find out why they have enough of us.......

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

More likely owner doesn't want to be seen to be accepting of foreigners (farangs actually; I'm sure other Asian visitors would be fine) as it might reflect poorly on their business (in their eyes) and of course xenophobia. It'll become more commonplace I'm afraid. Would like to return someday, but to experience Thailand even more distrusting of foreigners would not be nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats the thing about mongers, they can’t picture any other reason to come here or be here.

Oh so you're part of the 10%. Nothing wrong with that.

9 hours ago, genobkk said:

I am looking for expats to go to this place. I know where it is exactly. you can sit and complain in social media or go out and make a difference 

or go out and make a fool of one's self.  

• Sad 1