Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

We can read!...Is there something  in it that you think we dont understand?

well judging by some of the childish posts with what appears to lack common sense i guess i wasn't sure ...

Edited by steven100

1 minute ago, checkered flag said:

The restaurant was upfront and let everyone know (in clear English), for that they should be commended. I'd much rather know than go into the place that I'm unwanted. It's really up to them and they appeared very polite in asking the guy to leave.  They don't need covid, or other reasons to refuse service, it's 100% up to them. They didn't employ a bouncer to manhandle unwanted guests at the door either. 

If you come to my house, I have the right to invite you in or not. I also have a German Shepard that can quickly sense friend or foe so no one tries.

Don't go where you are not welcome!

Thank you for a non-childish common sense approach.  The restaurant is miles from anywhere and has little to zero farang traffic but some still have to cry about it.  Thanks.

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

The restaurant was upfront and let everyone know (in clear English), for that they should be commended. I'd much rather know than go into the place that I'm unwanted. It's really up to them and they appeared very polite in asking the guy to leave.  They don't need covid, or other reasons to refuse service, it's 100% up to them. They didn't employ a bouncer to manhandle unwanted guests at the door either. 

If you come to my house, I have the right to invite you in or not. I also have a German Shepard that can quickly sense friend or foe so no one tries.

Don't go where you are not welcome!

I went there before and if they had said my custom was not wanted I would been very annoyed. If you think it's right that an establishment can refuse custom based on colour of skin, well...

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Thank you for a non-childish common sense approach.  The restaurant is miles from anywhere and has little to zero farang traffic but some still have to cry about it.  Thanks.

And that makes it right. I've had some great nights at this place with Thais, but if I wanted to go again I would not be welcome. Luckily I'm not in the country.

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's not yours either.

correct ... but one of the reasons I came here 20 yrs ago was because of the freedom and not having to put up with the usual ' i'm being discriminated ' crowd.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

And that makes it right. I've had some great nights at this place with Thais, but if I wanted to go again I would not be welcome. Luckily I'm not in the country.

aha .... well wouldn't the sensible approach be to turn walk away and find a more pleasing and welcoming bar rather than get upset and cry foul and ... well you know. Remember TIT.

9 minutes ago, steven100 said:

aha .... well wouldn't the sensible approach be to turn walk away and find a more pleasing and welcoming bar rather than get upset and cry foul and ... well you know. Remember TIT.

I know what it is, my local Thai bar and it's owners helped me last year when I had a problem and I needed to go to Suttisan police station. They are good friends of mine and it's a shame I can't spend my money in their bar, one day maybe I can return.

I don't find this attitude very helpful from these bars being like this, but as you say it ain't my country. I've always been respectful in Thailand and this bar complex is one of the best in BKK for a chilled atmosphere, hardly any foreigners and just locals.

Edited by tribalfusion001

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

for all those who think the restaurant broke any discrimination law ...   

He looks to me to be asian, so does that mean that when the Chinese are allowed back they will not be served, oh forgot they will only be directed to Chinese owned venues by their tour guides.

3 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

He looks to me to be asian, so does that mean that when the Chinese are allowed back they will not be served, oh forgot they will only be directed to Chinese owned venues by their tour guides.

I doubt anyone will be allowed back for a very long time,

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Refusing service to a customer because of their race is illegal in my country, but my country is not a banana republic like Thailand. A foreigner is not more likely to have COVID-19 than a Thai. There are way more Thai people entering Thailand from overseas (repatriated) who could be infected with the virus and who could break their quarantine. Did you ever think of that? Given the closure of the border to most foreigners it is actually less likely that a random foreigner would be infected than a random Thai.

By the way, despite my "banana republic" comment, I love Thailand. It is a pity, however, that there are so many ignorant Thais with this kind of banana republic mentality.

That mentality applies to god who runs Thailand, he was worried about the comments of Boss's not guilty being approved, he was worried because the people that decided to do this were above him and Boss has more power than him.

• Like 1

Well, I can spend my money at the restaurant

across the street. I hope your business soon

will go bust. What goes around, comes around.

Don`t complain when that happens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EricTh said:

Isn't Yan Marchal the French guy who criticized the Thai government with a song a while back?

He's lucky the government hasn't sent him back yet.

Yes, he's very luck the Thai government haven't gone full CCP yet.

What a lovely world to be living in. 

• Haha 1

Bangkok has a perpetual oversupply of restaurants.

With the current under-supply of potential customers, 

there's no need to get worked up so much about one establishment - 

they won't last long with that kind of attitude anyways.

Edited by varun
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, varun said:

Bangkok has a perpetual oversupply of restaurants.

With the current under-supply of potential customers, 

there's no need to get worked up so much about one establishment - 

they won't last long with that kind of attitude anyways.

100% correct

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There are no laws within the Kingdom of Thailand which specifically outlaws racial discrimination inclusive of racist cliches and the restaurant has not broken the law.

What a non surprise.   Still it is just one ugly wart amongst thousands of cute dimples.  Most Thai people are far superior than its current government.   

13 hours ago, misterjames said:

It's clearly xenophobia stop making excuses for it and as the country that was the first place outside China to get covid it's pretty pathetic to hear you drone on about how it's the white mans fault when Thailand let people come and go freely when they knew they had covid before any other country.

White man's fault look to your neighbor to the north Wuhan China it's the Chinese the Thais should be messing with. Find another restraunt