Bangkok restaurant refusal to serve foreigners goes viral – VIDEO

snoop1130

25 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I don't see this a big deal. If they only want to serve locals, then so be it. This is then the place where locals afraid of foreigners can go to. Surely Anutin's "dirty farang" mouth had part to blame, but it also shows to a point what Thais really think of foreigners. Let's face it though, this is far from being Thai only problem. Nationalism is on the rise the World over, which is evident from the rise of the far right across the West.

Let them have their own place in Lad Phrao (hardly a touristy spot) and go somewhere else. Of course, when all of this is over and they start welcoming foreigners, you skip that place as well.

The rise in nationalism is in response to the blatant abuses of globalism. Even though significant support was given to many things, some countries never had enough and gave their benefactor the finger. Thais have many reasons to be proud of their heritage and have been very welcoming, but we do not have the right to demand more. I too think some falongs need to be more concerned about personal hygiene and manners. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There are no laws within the Kingdom of Thailand which specifically outlaws racial discrimination inclusive of racist cliches and the restaurant has not broken the law

Now we know, and understand the 2 tier system for Thais and dirty falang although this restaurant doesn't even want our money.

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

We are not in F.....G Texas here.....

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that it is a Student bar and they had problems with retired Westerners going to the bar just to look at the students and drink one beer all night long ?

Such an odd assumption :blink:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RtotheC said:

This restaurant is close to my house. I went there once when Eatigo had it at 50% discount. I was planning to go this week actually, but i guess not. Idiots.

Could have got worse, they say no discount to farang

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

This restaurant say “ no foreigner”. Is everybody, not say “no farang”.

Is not racist thing, is covid thing.

i live Ranong. Is border with Burma. I try social distance from Burmese now. Burma have border with India. India big problem covid. 

If india person spread to burma person maybe the Burma spread to me. Then I spread to dad and mum. Then they die. 

Safety first. 

Its  an ignorance thing is what you really mean as in your replies about it, So to  be  clear, I havent left Thailand for  well over a  year as  have many foreigners who LIVE here with Thai wives/kids etc ,BUT  you might catch covid from us.

Being as no one gets in  without 14  days quarantine and being as your democrapically elected dumbass govt let in people without that in the last few  weeks and being as when this first kicked off Thais plain refused to go into quarantine at the airport (remember that)  a few  months back and went home to their  villages instead, you still think this is ok, less we forget the Muay Thai stadium incident

Yeah you stay away from those filthy Burmese too, be interesting to see whose going to work in the fields when they have  all  gone.

Ive re-employed and old Burmese worker from 3  years ago as he has no work, Thais run a mile from my  field work, must be because they might catch covid from me.

Dont forget to drag up other countries into any answer you may give.

Im a "farang" renting a condo in Bangkok. I have lived in Bangkok for a little over a year. I wear a mask in public areas. In my condo there are signs in the common areas of the building saying to take precautions about covid. But the majority of the staff including the juristic staff, building managers, do not wear masks most of the time, if at all. Management have even spoken to me directly if I needed to speak to them, I would be wearing a mask, they would not. And come very close to me when speaking.

So it amazes me how some people can think "farang" are putting people at risk, and Thais are not. 

Edited by swm59nj
add more information

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is what you write reality or just theory?

There will always be places where "others" are not welcome. Maybe i.e. a bouncer won't let them in. Or the "others" will soon realize that they are unwelcome inside.

We won't be able to eliminate that kind of behavior.

But we all have lots of choices. We go to the places which we like and avoid the places which we don't like.

Let's assume there is a restaurant which does not like me as their guest. And then let's assume they are forced to let me in. Would I would want to go to such a place? Sure not!

On 7/26/2020 at 11:45 AM, Tropicalevo said:

I suppose that it is different strokes for different folks.

I guess that the differences are down to local knowledge.

This is called ironic juxtaposed position.

Some folks just don’t grasp irony for what it is, and so give literal and incorrect responses, because they don’t see the irony at play.

In light of the wide reporting of the passing of African-American, 

In light of the passing of civil rights icon, US. Rep. John Lewis, the fact people don’t get the OP’s ironic intention, is actually a second irony topping the original. 

Edited by animatic
  • Haha 1

So Anutin's strategy works "Dirty Farang" - I am sure that the Tourism Minister and the millions of Thais living off, directly and indirectly, will just LOVE such absolute nonsense which hopefully will go super viral. 

Amazing Thailand - still valid after 33 years - keep up the good work and destroy the little reputation you might still have. Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia - just to name a few - will be more than delighted over the self-destruction of one of the main sources of income in the Dabadaba Doo Land ???? 

Give the restaurant owner a medal and a standing ovation for being the Pr1ck of the year! 

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

This just goes to show the education/intelligence level, of the owner, daft <deleted>.

Perhaps or perhaps he knows better but thinks his mostly Thai crowd will be spooked by the disease ridden white devils in their midst. In other words he might think his customers are mostly totally ignorant xenophobes and he's catering to them.  

Edited by Jingthing