The big comeback for Big Joke?

snoop1130

So BJ is back!

The TVF experts theories that circulated when he 'vanished' are now proven false! If my memory is correct, some top experts even predicted that he was gone for 'good'! Now, as usual, those experts have vanished without trace until the next incident that would call for some expert opinions on conspiracy theories!

LOL LOL nice way to spend ones retirement!

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

So BJ is back!

Not sure he's "back"?

On the plus side, he appears to still be alive.

I agree that his "survival" was miraculous.

Last I remember, he was "assigned" to the PM's office to investigate new ways to handle complaints from the public.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to admit for me personally, things ran better with big joke, I mean there was no TM30 that we had to complete when we returned from holidays after being in another province, I recall how everyone felt back then, with the TM30 only recently being scrapped, unless you move into another province.

We had things to read on immigration, there were no BMW smart cars back then if memory serves me right, seriously, things are too quiet without this guy at the raines, is it possible that he cleaned all of those overstayers up while his new incoming took the credit, bring him back, and the Shinawatra's while your at it as it was all positive news, with this lot, it's all doom and gloom.

That is not my recollection at all.  Covid apart, it is much better now, at least in Jomtein.  I can't speak for other offices.   

• Thanks 2

The story about him was that while making the rounds as bagman for a timepiece enthusiast he tried to shake down some cops with better connections and make some disrespectful comments that were not appreciated. He was lucky to be only fired due to his connections intervening in his behalf. Perhaps his inappropriate behaviour has now been forgiven and he can make himself useful again.

I know that Thais have a way of finding an appropriate nickname for each other for everyday informal use which is sometimes related to a characteristic or trait of the person concerned.  This is clearly borne out by the current media furore over "Boss" Vorayuth.  What concerns me a little is how did Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn get to be called  “Big Joke”?

15 minutes ago, phetchy said:

I know that Thais have a way of finding an appropriate nickname for each other for everyday informal use which is sometimes related to a characteristic or trait of the person concerned.  This is clearly borne out by the current media furore over "Boss" Vorayuth.  What concerns me a little is how did Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn get to be called  “Big Joke”?

This earlier thread might throw some light on the origins of his nickname.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1075537-why-is-big-joke-called-big-joke/

16 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to admit for me personally, things ran better with big joke, I mean there was no TM30 that we had to complete when we returned from holidays after being in another province, I recall how everyone felt back then, with the TM30 only recently being scrapped, unless you move into another province.

We had things to read on immigration, there were no BMW smart cars back then if memory serves me right, seriously, things are too quiet without this guy at the raines, is it possible that he cleaned all of those overstayers up while his new incoming took the credit, bring him back, and the Shinawatra's while your at it as it was all positive news, with this lot, it's all doom and gloom.

Aye, well we can joke, but maybe hes coming back to clean up all the overstayers come end of Sept/August.

For folks on overstay, id be keeping a VERY low profile. 

Those so-called smart cars with the facial recognition software/cameras have been known to even patrol around Isaan.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

those experts have vanished without trace until the next incident that would call for some expert opinions on conspiracy theories!

LOL LOL nice way to spend ones retirement!

I'm here! ???? 

So, your not considering that maybe he is a clone? 

Nice way to spend ones retirement! just believe every word you read in the MSM :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Surachat was in the news just about every other day during 2017 and 2018 and then in April 2019 he was abruptly sidelined from police duties

if I remember correctly, it was speculated that he may had stepped on a very well connected lady shoes and immediately downgraded/removed from the front line

50 minutes ago, phetchy said:

- Very possible that 'Joke' has very different meaning or meanings in Thai language.

- Very likely this nickname was given to him at birth by his father (normal for all Thai kids).

- Very very likely his nickname has no connection to anything even remotely linked to foreigners. 

55 minutes ago, CGW said:

I'm here! ???? 

So, your not considering that maybe he is a clone? 

Nice way to spend ones retirement! just believe every word you read in the MSM :thumbsup:

Oh, so you are an expert?

I am privileged that you replied to my post ????

So, what's the latest?

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The big comeback for Big Joke?

Was this guy another soldier as well as a top IO, or was he a policeman?

What is this Maj/Gen nonsense?

Hmmmmm... what you are not aware of cannot be called nonsense, isn't it? Today, with the basic resources available, it is easy to find answers for these 'nonsense' that you are confused with.

An example

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

At least the Shinawatras were not soldiers as far as I know, so bring them back, but not this other guy, his Maj/Gen "rank or whatever", and fancy uniform covered in bling nonsense is sure just one Big Joke.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The story about him was that while making the rounds as bagman for a timepiece enthusiast he tried to shake down some cops with better connections and make some disrespectful comments that were not appreciated. He was lucky to be only fired due to his connections intervening in his behalf. Perhaps his inappropriate behaviour has now been forgiven and he can make himself useful again.

I believe this is the closest to a correct answer we will see on this thread.

He was the opposite of the squeeky clean do-gooder that some on here seem to believe.

• Like 1

If my math is correct that is about 70 million us dollars to install cameras and some computers and software at 6 airports.  That is about 10 million per airport.  No wonder he questioned it.  Wow someon must have mad some serious skim profit from this venture.  Amazing Thailand.  

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, connda said:

Two hours praying. That should at least get him a desk job as an IO at the office of his choice.

And here I am paying into the local economy, investing in infrastructure, hiring on staff and organising my taxes through all the legal channels when I could have just picked up an orange bucket in BigC!

On 7/24/2020 at 8:58 AM, pgrahmm said:

By most any measure China is a rogue state spreading it's tentacles physically, economically, and brutishly.....

amateurs compared to good ol USA  .google Noel Chomsky on crimes of past US  Presidents,,an eye opener if you didn't already know