What bank has the best English mobile app/website?

Hello everyone,

First post and new member to the forum!

I'm planning my reirement next year and would like to know if anyone can recommend a Thai bank that has a decent mobile app or website for English speakers.  I can't seak or read Thai yet, and would most likely depend on the online experience for day-to-day financial stuff.

1 minute ago, G Rex said:

Hi Wannaretire ,  I have just doneso.

Krungsi has been good for me.   Banking App is easy to use , and has enough functionality in English for my purposes.   Cheers.

Thank you so much for the quick response.

1 minute ago, AussieBob18 said:

Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn are good - suggest you get an account at both of them (just in case one is 'locked' for any reason - it happens).

Never use ATMs in small places - use those in Malls and places like Macro (that was why one of mine was locked for 2 weeks).

Good luck - hope all goes well. 

Thank you so much

9 hours ago, Why Me said:

"Hi guys" is allowed. "Yo" I believe gets a 1 week ban.

Likewise "Peeps"

I use both Krungsri and Kasikorn, both are fine. Overall the Kasikorn Kbank is the better app, but the Krungsri app integrates with your online banking,  Kbank doesn't seem to recognise anything you set up using online banking. 

16 hours ago, PJPom said:

I have been using S C B easy on my iPad and phone without any problems.

Also on Android phone, SCB app is very impressive. KTB app works well too, though not quite as slick. These apps are fantastic - I went out and forgot my wallet recently but luckily I had my phone so it only took two minutes to get a cardless cash withdrawal from the nearest ATM. 

I use Bangkok Bank and transferwise to transfer money. Bangkok Bank alerts you whenever money comes in or out of your account. You don't have to take the paper slips. I used to use Kasikorn Bank but my bank manager was extremely rude to me after having used the bank for 15 years. I complained to the head office and had no satisfactory response. They also used to charge a minimum of 200 baht to transfer my money from Bangkok to Pattaya. Bangkok Bank transfers it directly to my Pattaya account. 

5 minutes ago, tonray said:

Mobile banking via Kasikorn puts American banks to shame 

Exactly. I have my Chase Mobile app and my Credit Union App on my phone as well and each one hangs up and gives me issues almost everytime. The KBank app is easy to use and you can set up all your payment accounts by setting them as favorites on your main screen and easily pay.  I also use the App to top up my MRT pass and handle most of my online shopping through the app as well since it is a feature they have.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

I use KBank app. Works well for me.

I don't have another bank account.

On a side note, no app will allow installation on rooted / jailbreak phones even if you have security net installed.

KBank is "ROCK SOLID"  been using for 3 years. 

However, if you require credit advice for immigration they charge 500 bht per page.  this year they charged me over $300. for necessary paperwork and it took 10 days. 

be warned ! ! !

9 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

However, if you require credit advice for immigration they charge 500 bht per page.  this year they charged me over $300. for necessary paperwork and it took 10 days. 

be warned ! ! !

You would likely only need credit advice if using a peer to peer transfer method like Transferwise. Whatever savings you get on exchange rates are lost. Just transfer direct from your bank..easier and cheaper and all transfers should automatically show as foreign source on monthly statements.

I don't do mobile (i.e., use my phone) but for my PC, Bangkok Bank has a great program (not "app") called BuaLuang iBanking. You select either Thai or English. The English version is excellent.

22 hours ago, Wannaretire said:

Thank you so much for the quick response.

You don't choose a bank because of their apps. Every app is in English or Thai. You choose because of the way you will transfer your money the cheapest way,which bank works best in combination with thai immigration and which debit card they issue. Go for Bangkok Bank or/and Kasikorn Bank. The downside with BB is their debit card, the MasterCard TPN Smart Card. Kasikorn Bank issues a proper Visa debit card and it's not connected to TPN = Thai Payment Network. It works worldwide online which BB's doesn't. The apps are almost equal, maybe K-Banks is a bit smarter. I have an account at both banks. 

• Like 1

Kasikorn - best translation, Krungsri - very good translation, Krung Thai - acceptable translation (some messages are shown in Thai, especially error messages).

In terms of receiving money from abroad - Krung Thai no problems at all, Krungsri asked a few questions when received a large sum, Kasikorn - never tried.

P.S. I'm talking about online banking (website), never used mobile applications.

Edited by fdsa

14 hours ago, Makoshark said:

be warned ! ! !

14 hours ago, tonray said:

You would likely only need credit advice if using a peer to peer transfer method like Transferwise. Whatever savings you get on exchange rates are lost. Just transfer direct from your bank..easier and cheaper and all transfers should automatically show as foreign source on monthly statements.

@Makoshark > Kasikorn Bank credit advice receipts are free of charge when asked for at your local Kasikorn Bank branch and not older than 3 months.  After that a fee for each additional credit advise receipt is charged, as they need to come from HQ, so that can tick up considerably.

@tonray > Contrary to what you say, as good as every transfer from abroad to your local thai bank-account will be coded as a 'domestic' transfer.  The reason being that the transfer is routed first to the HQ of your local bank, who will then transfer it to your local thai bank-account.

>> I did sent you and Makoshark a PM outlining how to use TransferWise and how to provide evidence to Immigration - no costs involved - that the TW transferred funds originated from abroad.