Why are viewtalay 3 to 8 so empty ? even before covid they were so empty, so why not selling cheaper ?

salsajapan

Cheers,

I checked all viewtalay condo in the evening to find how many windows had lights, and only viewtalay 1 and vew talay 2 seems inhabited !

From view talay 3 to 8, they look like ghost building, so i guess that it's because they are more expensive than view talay 1 and 2 ?

But why not selling cheaper ? They build each room for less than 500000 thb but they need to sell them 2 millions ? really ?

-

And do you know how much cost the maintenance fee ? is it more expensive if not all rooms are sold ? The maintenance seems good at all these properties, so where do they get the money if they do not sell the condos ?

What are your ideas please ?

The majority of condos are empty, ghost condos, as for maintenance, check by doing a google search of Neothai View talay 3 and you'll find the historic info plus common fee.

I think it's daft also that Thais leave the condos empty for maybe years, with common fee liability, better to sell it

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

VT 1 and 2 are the only condos worth buying. The 3-8s are far too expensive for the prison blocks they are.

They hold their price perhaps...... worth considering. Seem to be fairly well managed and maintained.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

I have a condo in Pratamnak with sea views & Bangkok thais bought the one next door about 3 years & fully refurbed the place to a good standard.

They have only stayed one weekend there in the last 3 years.

I've experienced the same thing with a number of condos I have owned in Pattaya--Bangkok next-door neighbors who only visited one or twice a year.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spiekerjozef said:

VT 1 is a dump.

You clearly have no idea about what you are talking about.

VT 2 entrance looks more like a dump than VT1 which is not only very clean but without the $hit security guard in the middle. and a $hit dirty convenience store in front of the entrance.

Also, VT1 is more friendly because the pool is bigger and used by both building without separation (hot stupid to separate VT2).

I visited all Viewtalays and VT 1 is nicer than VT2, VT3 is totally ghost building and VT5 is nice, but more expensive for no reason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Location for most of them.  5 and 7 are almost reasonable, but the rest (except 6) are too remote.  Jomtien toward Second Road or too far south, and Pratamnak area, are just not desirable to many.

VT 1 and VT2 location is also good, near supermarket and on the bahtbus route.

Cearly VT3 is too far and access is boring.

VT5 is good as VT1 and VT2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Perhaps owners bought in at the top of the market, and now nothing is selling (pre virus) they would take a big loss cash out, so just sit and wait and hope for better days. 

All the while, they keep building more and more condo's here, while Thailand tightens up their visa laws, has a higher cost of living, and the baht is strong.

You can expect many condo's to sit empty for years.

It is a strange property market in Thailand. Thais seem very loathe to reduce their selling price and will wait it out. Perhaps that is also true of non-Thais who want to see a profit and hold near to their Thai baht buying price, not considering the sizeable appreciation of the currency against others in the meantime. Add that to another factor, as told to me by a few guys who retain condos they do not live in. The costs are very low, and they used to be able to be certain of good rental money over the peak season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, newnative said:

why don't they just run a big sale and clear out all their old, unsold units--which are getting older every year?  That's what they would do in the US.  Every unit, every floor, ONE price: 1 MB! First come, first served. Instead, they sit unsold, year after year.

Doesn't really work here as there will always be those who don't play fair, so its back to square one and pay full price like every other schmuck or nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Doesn't really work here as there will always be those who don't play fair, so its back to square one and pay full price like every other schmuck or nothing.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'there will always be those who don't play fair, so its back to square one'.  I do know that some big developers, such as Lumpini, do run sales to clear out unsold units.  I think they are running one now to clear out the last few unsold 2 bedroom 56 sqm units at Lumpini Park Beach.  Sansiri had a good sale running a few years ago at Baan Plai Haad.  These are both public companies whereas the View Talay company isn't.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, newnative said:

why don't they just run a big sale and clear out all their old, unsold units--which are getting older every year?  That's what they would do in the US.  Every unit, every floor, ONE price: 1 MB! First come, first served. Instead, they sit unsold, year after year. 

That is exactly what they should do, I've seen lots of condos recently, some could have easily been empty for 5+ years, hard to tell, all they are doing is paying fees every year. I can't see prices going up with such a massive over supply

• Like 2

On 7/30/2020 at 9:20 AM, newnative said:

I would be hard-pressed to come up with reasons why VT5 is nicer than any of the others.  The condos are identical shells that you have to renovate yourself--they don't even come with a finished floor.  I've lived in VT3, 5C, 5D, and 7.  The 48 sqm shells that we renovated were about the same in each except VT3 had a deeper balcony.  Bathrooms were about the same with minor variations in wall tile.  VT7 had a much nicer steel front door; there were probably lots of complaints--including from me--about the poor quality of the wood doors in the other projects. Some doors had cracks so wide you could see into the unit.  VT7 also has more elevators--another complaint of the earlier projects.

The only amenity with all of them was a pool. The VT5s and VT7 did offer garage parking that could be purchased separately--or, perhaps certain units came with a parking space.   VT6 comes with garage parking.   With the units being so similar, I think it mostly comes down to location.  South units in VT3 have gorgeous seaviews looking down the coast with just a low-rise hotel nearby.  No nearby public transportation.  But, very close to the ocean, as is VT7.   VT5C is set back with a hotel in front and 5D is even further back--but a shorter walk out to the road.  Pros and cons with all of them.  

Do you know if VT3 and VT5 beach side condos are always more expensive ?

And lower floors are always cheaper ?