Why are viewtalay 3 to 8 so empty ? even before covid they were so empty, so why not selling cheaper ?

salsajapan

On 7/29/2020 at 4:45 AM, mitostone said:

Many thais bought condo/houses as a form of investment. Most of them is fully paid.

someone explained to me once that many properties stand empty in thailand

because they were repossesed by the banks after failed loans, but the banks

are not able to resell them so they keep them empty so they will show as assets on their books.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

someone explained to me once that many properties stand empty in thailand

because they were repossesed by the banks after failed loans, but the banks

are not able to resell them so they keep them empty so they will show as assets on their books.

That's another possible explanation.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, newnative said:

Not all the studios 'present a miserable existence', in my opinion.  My partner and I enjoyed our time in several VT studios.   They aren't large but they can serve nicely for someone spending the winter months in Pattaya.

It is personal. You appear to have a refrigerator in your bedroom and have to watch TV in an office chair 2 feet away from it. Are those pictures from a studio because it appears not?

• Haha 1

One thing i noticed while looking at studios is the sliding door\wall divider can look good and gives a separate bedroom.

Apparently condos can't be sold if the unit has arrears of common fees as the Juristic letter can't be issued. If true this is daft and maybe preventing thousands being sold. The debt could be paid off by the buyer to enable the sale to go through

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The debt could be paid off by the buyer to enable the sale to go through

It often is or it's worked out between buyer and seller. Can be factored into the selling price. Not much of an impediment.

• Like 1

Just now, BigStar said:

I don't see that happiness is relevant. If the fee is paid, then the condo is debt free. Why would you think the letter can't then be issued?

sounds like you are talking theoretically rather than from actual experience. I heard from a committee member that a condo can't be solved if it has debt, no mention of a work around that's why i was wondering from people with actual experience

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

sounds like you are talking theoretically rather than from actual experience. I heard from a committee member that a condo can't be solved if it has debt, no mention of a work around that's why i was wondering from people with actual experience

This is getting ever better. If a condo has debt, then that debt cannot be resolved between the parties and paid. Therefore, the condo must remain unsold and vacant forever. ???? You've discovered the reason for all those lights out at night! I love this forum.

Sigh. Maybe better ask a followup question of the committee member if nobody here has "actually" done it himself. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, newnative said:

The condo 'appears not' to be a studio because the studio space was separated into three zones;

Then it is a little different as I thought we talked of VT Studios, of which I am familiar with. You are to be commended that you have made the best of a concrete box in the sky, it does look quite good. 

Can you hear the refrigerator cycling from the bed? That disturbed me last time I stayed in something similar. The pictures probably do it more than justice, but being limited to a total 48 sq m (is 3-4m2 of that on the balcony?), which is then subdivided, surely makes for little claustrophobic boxes.

I do know many who are happy enough in the basic places though.... I got more grass than 48m2 to mow! A chore in itself.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

This is getting ever better. If a condo has debt, then that debt cannot be resolved between the parties and paid. Therefore, the condo must remain unsold and vacant forever. ???? You've discovered the reason for all those lights out at night! I love this forum.

Sigh. Maybe better ask a followup question of the committee member if nobody here has "actually" done it himself. 

Like i said it sounds daft to me but as suspected you have no real experience and no one else has confirmed either way. Condos with debt eventually go to auction

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Then it is a little different as I thought we talked of VT Studios, of which I am familiar with. You are to be commended that you have made the best of a concrete box in the sky, it does look quite good. 

Can you hear the refrigerator cycling from the bed? That disturbed me last time I stayed in something similar. The pictures probably do it more than justice, but being limited to a total 48 sq m (is 3-4m2 of that on the balcony?), which is then subdivided, surely makes for little claustrophobic boxes.

I do know many who are happy enough in the basic places though.... I got more grass than 48m2 to mow! A chore in itself.

The condo pictured is a VT5D 48 sqm studio.  VT5C, 5D, 7, and 8 studios are essentially the same 48 sqm.  We did the same design pictured in VT5C, 5D and VT7.  Some VT studios next to curve balcony units are 46 sqm as they have a smaller balcony with one squared off side wall--the inside is the same.  VT3 studios have a slightly deeper balcony than the others and the inside is a little bit shorter as a result.  If the studio looks different you might be thinking of VT1 and VT2 studios, which are smaller and look a bit different inside with an angled wall by the balcony doors. 

No, I didn't hear the fridge cycling at night because, remember, it is not in the bedroom--it is in the kitchen way on the other side of the condo.  At night, the sliding door and sliding windows in the partition wall were closed and the bedroom aircon turned on to air-condition just the bedroom so the bedroom was insulated as much as possible from hallway--and fridge--noise. 

Obviously, when you are dealing with just 48 sqm, some of which is the balcony, there are trade offs and design choices.  Some prefer one big open space with the VT studios--and, nothing wrong with that.  I love a big, great room with kitchen, dining room, and living room all in one open, flowing space.  But, I like my bedroom to be a separate, private space so that is why I designed the VT studios the way I did.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

One thing i noticed while looking at studios is the sliding door\wall divider can look good and gives a separate bedroom.

Apparently condos can't be sold if the unit has arrears of common fees as the Juristic letter can't be issued. If true this is daft and maybe preventing thousands being sold. The debt could be paid off by the buyer to enable the sale to go through

Yes, it is true. The condo must have fully paid up "Common Jusristic Fees" and not be in debt. Only once the debt is paid will the CJP issue the "debt free" letter to effect the transfer of title. 

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know of one actual experience so it is not theoretical.  Your committee member is correct--the condo can't be sold if it has debt.  The required debt-free letter is a good thing--it insures that a condo project gets the money owed to it before a sale can go through.  The Juristic, the Condo Committee, and the Land Office do not care one bit who pays the delinquent fees--they only care that they are paid.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

I know of one actual experience so it is not theoretical.  Your committee member is correct--the condo can't be sold if it has debt.  The required debt-free letter is a good thing--it insures that a condo project gets the money owed to it before a sale can go through.  The Juristic, the Condo Committee, and the Land Office do not care one bit who pays the delinquent fees--they only care that they are paid.    

Assuming the seller hasn't got the money for the fees, the buyer pays and takes off purchase price, must be written in agreement. Has anyone actually done that?

• Haha 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, newnative said:

You must not have looked at the photos very closely.  The refrigerator is clearly in the kitchen area. We actually added a short partition wall just to the right of the kitchen cabinets by the dining area to separate the kitchen from the rest of the condo.  The refrigerator is that gray rectangular item in the kitchen that looks like, um, a refrigerator.  The tall cabinet to the left of it houses a clothes washer and extra storage above.

The tv is not in the dining area.  What is above the dining table is not a tv but artwork.  The tv is in the living room area on the wall near the bamboo poles and is not 2 feet away from the sofa but a comfortable viewing distance.  The dining room chairs are not office chairs.  They are dining room chairs sold by Index and look nothing like office chairs, which normally have five legs with wheels.  The third chair in the bedroom desk area matches the dining chairs and can be pulled to the dining table if needed.  What you seem to mistake as a refrigerator in the bedroom is the clothes armoire.  

The condo 'appears not' to be a studio because the studio space was separated into three zones; by the short partition wall previously mentioned to separate the kitchen area and a second, larger partition with sliding door that separated the bedroom area from the rest of the condo.  A second aircon was installed so each large area has air-conditioning. 

I liked your comment that the condo doesn't seem to be a studio.  We did this same design at VT7 and when our next-door neighbor saw it he was convinced our condo was larger than his--they were both the standard 48 sqm.  We told him they were the same size but he didn't believe us and was not convinced until he actually got his tape measure and did the measuring.

The condo appears larger because you are not seeing everything at once and you have three distinct zones--the foyer/kitchen/bath zone; the dining and living room zone; and the bedroom zone.  I designed the condo this way because I didn't want to be in my bedroom when I was in the living room--and vice versa.  Instead of one open area, I wanted three separate areas to spend time, plus the balcony.  Take another look and see if you can spot the refrigerator, tv, and dining chairs this time. (The second tv in the bedroom on the desk is opposite the bed for viewing while on the bed, not at the desk.)

VT 5 D 10 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 2 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 1 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 5 (1).jpg

That's a nice design in a small space...I'd definitely hire you to do a condo build-out for me.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Assuming the seller hasn't got the money for the fees, the buyer pays and takes off purchase price, must be written in agreement. Has anyone actually done that?

That would be the simple solution, the same if the property was mortgaged.  One payment to the seller, one payment to the bank. 

The only problem I can see is the buyer pays the fees, gets the letter issued, then the seller pulls out of the sale.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

That would be the simple solution, the same if the property was mortgaged.  One payment to the seller, one payment to the bank. 

The only problem I can see is the buyer pays the fees, gets the letter issued, then the seller pulls out of the sale.    

Yes that is the problem and could easily happen which is why i was interested in anyone who has actually done that. No one confirmed either way so it's still not clear whether fee arrears block a sale

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 6:53 AM, jacko45k said:

I have visited many in VT5 and generally it is not my thing. The Studios present a miserable existence beyond short holiday stays, and the prison corridors are depressing. But that said a bigger unit can be very nice and the balconies present great views. One corner large unit I went in was spectacular.....

So you live at Pattaya Esarn ? I mean the dark side !

So funny for me that people live in a house where their only view is a wall and near the sea that they hardly see once a year !

Better live in real Esarn, at least it's cheaper !

On 8/4/2020 at 9:51 AM, newnative said:

Buyers got to start with a blank canvas and do whatever they wanted.

This is actually a problem for most foreigners it seems ! They are really not born with any style knowledge ! Most condos are so ugly and old style with wooden $hit furniture. So incredible that someone can find this nice...

On 8/4/2020 at 11:54 AM, newnative said:

Not all the studios 'present a miserable existence', in my opinion.  My partner and I enjoyed our time in several VT studios.   They aren't large but they can serve nicely for someone spending the winter months in Pattaya. 

VT 5 D 1 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 2 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 3 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 10 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 9 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 5 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 4.1 (1).jpg

VT 5 D 13 (1).jpg

Compared to most foreigners, you have style ! Congrats !

• Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 3:57 PM, jacko45k said:

Disturbed by a fridge, you must be the kind also disturbed by a barking dog near your house, or just a car passing by...

????

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes that is the problem and could easily happen which is why i was interested in anyone who has actually done that. No one confirmed either way so it's still not clear whether fee arrears block a sale

We are lucky to have you on this thread, you seem very smart ????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, samtab said:

So you live at Pattaya Esarn ? I mean the dark side !

So funny for me that people live in a house where their only view is a wall and near the sea that they hardly see once a year !

Better live in real Esarn, at least it's cheaper !

If I wanted a sea view I could get a picture on the wall. Nice to look at, but hardly an amenity when 80 ft down and 1/2 km away. As it is I have a view of my pool and can sit out on a terrace and see my garden too. There are many many reasons to be near say Pattaya, than out in rural Isarn smelling the buffalo shxt and the burning fields.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, samtab said:

Disturbed by a fridge, you must be the kind also disturbed by a barking dog near your house, or just a car passing by...

????

No cars pass by, I don't live on Hwy 7.... neighbours dogs are an issue but fortunately on the other side of the hosue than the bedroom and my double glazing and roof insulation hold back the noise.

I am  light sleeper and many times in a hotel room a fridge cycling has been noticed.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, samtab said:

This is actually a problem for most foreigners it seems ! They are really not born with any style knowledge ! Most condos are so ugly and old style with wooden $hit furniture. So incredible that someone can find this nice...

All the major hardware stores (Home Pro, Index, etc) have free home design services, and also give a discount, I believe, when you purchase the items from their store. So not much excuse for having a bad interior design.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

No cars pass by, I don't live on Hwy 7.... neighbours dogs are an issue but fortunately on the other side of the hosue than the bedroom and my double glazing and roof insulation hold back the noise.

I am  light sleeper and many times in a hotel room a fridge cycling has been noticed.

When this happens to me, I just unplug it. I usually just have drinks or a piece of cake in a hotel fridge and these will still be cold in the morning, when I plug it back in.

• Like 1