Divorce when you're on a marriage extension

SteveK

16 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if he goes to amphur in a no contest divorce, then YES, unless he goes to immigration to give him 7 days for 1900 baht, normally...but with amensty ...

He could take a new wife along they could marry as soon as divorce is signed,   and then make a dash to immigration, problem solved. :unsure::coffee1:

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

According to the rules your extension of stay would end on the day your divorce is finalized. But unless you notify them or maybe you ex wife immigration would not know about it

Not that hard to prepared to apply for a different extension extension since a divorce does not happen overnight.

Yes just dont educate the loving lady on the law..The Amphur never says about this. She won't know and just tell her you are leaving in a weeks time. Change number self protection adios 

12 hours ago, SteveK said:

I'm under 50 and on marriage extension. If my wife dies will I have to leave immediately?

No, in that case immigration has indicated you will be allowed to stay till your current permisison to stay ends.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Preacher said:

No, in that case immigration has indicated you will be allowed to stay till your current permisison to stay ends.

Yes ,when it expires

• 6 months later...
I think this is not true, but you can clarify such points with the natives. Perhaps there are unspoken rules and read the laws in some countries. My father also traveled the world as a journalist, and he learned a lot of things from people who told him interesting personal moments. Italians cannot divorce at all without giving everything to their wife, and Nepalese can remain without breadwinners and children will be considered saints. Africans are generally the most surprising; there are many legends and various fables. After such adventures, a very good psychologist is needed, and for someone it is better not to ask questions at all and to accept other people's stories and the world as it is.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 8:50 PM, checkered flag said:

You seem to attract a lot of weird people. They must be reading you, right or wrong. I don't have the problem except occasional a girl asks me a question or will smile at me (pre masks). If their eyes squint I can only assume they smile. I don't strike up conversations with guys though.

The question referred to Non O Marriage visas, I think. Extension a Non O Marriage would be difficult if no longer married. Usually they want the wife to go to immigration with you.

Disagree. My non O was based on marriage but I always extended on retirement. I had to get the non O for marriage because the Auckland consulate will not give a non O for retirement.