BANGKOK
SteveK

Divorce when you're on a marriage extension

16 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if he goes to amphur in a no contest divorce, then YES, unless he goes to immigration to give him 7 days for 1900 baht, normally...but with amensty ...

He could take a new wife along they could marry as soon as divorce is signed,   and then make a dash to immigration, problem solved. :unsure::coffee1:

On 7/29/2020 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

According to the rules your extension of stay would end on the day your divorce is finalized. But unless you notify them or maybe you ex wife immigration would not know about it

Not that hard to prepared to apply for a different extension extension since a divorce does not happen overnight.

Yes just dont educate the loving lady on the law..The Amphur never says about this. She won't know and just tell her you are leaving in a weeks time. Change number self protection adios 

I'm under 50 and on marriage extension. If my wife dies will I have to leave immediately?

• Confused 1

On 7/29/2020 at 6:53 AM, spiekerjozef said:

A total stranger starts talking about his divorce...

It can't be true ....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I'm under 50 and on marriage extension. If my wife dies will I have to leave immediately?

I think so,maybe when your visa expires.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SteveK said:

No, in that case immigration has indicated you will be allowed to stay till your current permisison to stay ends.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Preacher said:

No, in that case immigration has indicated you will be allowed to stay till your current permisison to stay ends.

Yes ,when it expires