Pattaya: Brazen daytime murder of motorcycle taxi rider - shot in the head after dropping off passenger

webfact

Pattaya: Brazen daytime murder of motorcycle taxi rider - shot in the head after dropping off passenger

1pmB.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Pattaya police, rescue and forensic teams rushed to the rear entrance of Pattaya School 8 in Soi 17 Moo 8 yesterday lunchtime after a motorcycle taxi rider was shot in the head and killed around 12 noon. 

Dead at the scene was 47 year old Prathum Sa-artnak who was lying across his motorcycle. 

He had been shot in the right eye with the bullet exiting the back of the head.

An 11mm bullet and casing were recovered at the scene and taken into evidence. 

Paritsada, 28, said she had just returned from a trip to Koh Larn and had been taken by the motorcycle taxi rider from the Bali Hai port to the school's rear entrance. 

She got off and as she was walking away she heard a shot ring out. She turned to see the shocking sight of the taxi rider shot. After she regained her composure she called the police. 

Pol Lt-Col Thammanchit Sitthisat is leading the investigation of what has been called a brazen daylight crime.

No reason has yet been given but everything is being considered including the possibility of gambling or other debts. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-29

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

The real question is, how did the perpetrator know exactly where the guy was going to be? Did he follow them.

First I'd check out the return from Koh Larn at noon story. I guess people go out to the island and back before noon on many days. That spot is just up from the back side of the popular South Street Market, somebody heard the shot and knows something to help catch the perp.

Edited by IAMHERE
add my reasoning process
  • Like 1

Usually the motorcycle taxi guys ride off quite quickly after being paid. 

She says she got off (assuming she paid) walked away and heard a shot.  I wonder how far she got to walk away before the shot was fired? 

Around 11:30am is early to be coming back from Koh Larn. 

He could have been followed from Bali Hai, but they could have assassinated him prior to this fare.   

I wonder if the Thai lady is in a relationship.  

Edited by Leaver

But....But, Pattaya is supposed to be an International high class family resort,at least that's

what the Pattaya authorities keep saying,this kind of thing should be be happening

there????

regards worgeordie

12 hours ago, mikebell said:

The Plod will find him eventually; he'll be charged, then five years down the line a senior officer in the Armed forces will come forward and testify it wasn't murder but an accident caused by the motor cycle driver himself.

I think witnesses will appear from an unmanned space craft in 7 years time and say it was suicide

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

not at all shocking, the place is riddled with criminals and psychopaths. 

Yes it is for those of us who live here. For those who do not, likely you imagine ganglang hits in broad daylight at every 7-11 on a daily basis. I assure you that is not the case, if anything things are quieter of late.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes it is for those of us who live here. For those who do not, likely you imagine ganglang hits in broad daylight at every 7-11 on a daily basis. I assure you that is not the case, if anything things are quieter of late.

let's hope it stays that way, but I somehow doubt it. Shame, as I am really beginning to like the place again. 

Edited by Pilotman

With Thais, it could have been something as simple as he didn’t like the way the guy looked at him. Some very fragile egos amongst this group. About five years ago a thai shot another thai off a buakhow side soi, blatantly said he didn’t like the way he walked or the way he looked at him, so he shot him.