Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats

webfact

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

What about the 3000 addition deaths from "Pneumonia" in January and February 

Is that mentioned in this thread - have I missed it somewhere?

I read about something similar elsewhere.

Edited by bluesofa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Good work Thailand and congratulations to the people of Thailand who came together to fight the virus.

Keep the borders closed. 

Excellent job done, thanks to decisive leadership of Thai officials and a positive united population of Thai citizens.

There is SO MUCH to learn from this covid crisis and how different cultures/countries have managed/mismanaged it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, actonion said:

It does'nt say who named them best in the world

The Sanook article which is linked above says, "The Global Health Security Index (GHS) which was initiated by Johns Hopkins University". (my translation).

You're welcome. 

Ok, even if there are more “pneumonia” or other similar increased deaths this year, AND even if Thailand underreports or does inadequate testing, we would know if the hospitals were overflowing.

Credit where credit’s due:  Thailand is doing an exceptional job.

Keep those borders closed for the foreseeable future (I believe it will pay off handsomely in the long run), and keep up the mask-wearing!

I have seen a growing laxity in social distancing in unenforceable situations, and I hope as a nation we can improve on that front...

Otherwise, we are doing comparatively well, but it’s no time to let our guard down.

• Like 1

Just now, Woolsgibb60 said:

Yes keep it close and go bankrupt 

Correct, Hotels are empty.  Tourism places are none.  Staff reduction in pay, staff redundant.  Have to go back to their own provinces because cant afford rent.  Knockon effect eventually.

31 minutes ago, cdmtdm said:

easy to win something that never existed ........con of the century ...

Thai citizens; educated and united against covid.

Farang citizens: ITS ALL A HOAX !!! 

No surprise the Thais have Covid under control while the usa, just to name one farang country, is in a state of chaos and rising deaths. 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

Thai citizens; educated and united against covid.

Farang citizens: ITS ALL A HOAX !!! 

No surprise the Thais have Covid under control while the usa, just to name one farang country, is in a state of chaos and rising deaths. 

thailand, educated united and shut down economy,

got a 3000 uptick in pneumonia deaths supposedly unrelated to covid

sweden, educated and carried on business as usual,

not a mask or closure in sight

both are going toward zero new deaths

daily deaths thailand.jpg

sweden covid-19.jpg

Edited by scammed
  • Confused 1

a virus can only live within a certain temperature range... with the chill heat generated by somtam, covid didn't really stand a chance in LOS.

Edited by wombat

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

a virus can only live within a certain temperature range... with the chill heat generated by somtam, covid didn't really stand a chance in LOS.

i think origin, like asian-european-african-native american,

and in that order for immune system, play a bigger role

Edited by scammed

How can Thailand be higher than Laos, the latter with a population of 7 million, 19 Wuhan flu cases and no deaths??

Update: Looking again at that report, they are quoting countries which have done well to recover from Covid-19.  So this explains why Laos, Papua New Guinea, Cambodia etc don't top this league of countres ==> because they never had a pandemic - their early lockdown etc procedures were so much better than countries like Thailand, that this virus had no chance to affect the local population.

Since I live in Laos, well done Laos for doing so much better than Thailand, and better than almost every country in the world ????

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on stats released by MoPH. Pretty much the same category as unemployment figures, etc. Figure out what numbers you need to give and hey presto, numbah uno. 

Takes away credibility from those that use unvalidated data.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The lack of testing and diagnosis here is certainly an issue of concern regarding this supposed ranking that Thailand has.

Yet at the same time, we're not hearing any anecdotal evidence of significant virus spread and death in Thailand... no social media posts about families falling sick, no reports out of hospitals about overflowing admissions or full ICU units, etc etc...

If there was actual spread of the virus going on here, you'd have to wonder would the authorities be able to keep it invisible for all this time, i.e., not have the telltale signs come popping into public view?

With a region as vast and poor as Isan, I would say it is not too hard to hide!

Also with the practice to cremate everybody as quick as possible!

I find it very strange, that people who criticize the Thai- government (rightfully) on almost anything, now suddenly absolutely believe EVERYTHING that comes out of their mouths, when it comes to the angelic measures to reign in this virus!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

With this news even less people are going to wear masks than already do and almost every photo we see on here shows them not wearing them now .

Thank goodness for that. Muzzles do more harm than good and belong on dogs, not people. The sooner we break the habit the better.