Covid-19: Thailand named best in the world in coronavirus pandemic recovery stats

webfact

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was from a poll of 1,841 people throughout Thailand...

Are you mixing it up with the 184 countries ThailandRyan?.....Johns Hopkins University, done the report. Johns Hopkins University last 5 years Rankings have never been lower then 17th in the whole world

A total of 184 countries are ranked in the index that takes into account the proportion of the population that have died and other data from Johns Hopkins University. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gyps said:

odd no one mentions Vietnam in the top five list with 440 cases total  since a new outbreak in Da Nang and no deaths...yet

Maybe because Vietnam's numbers are just as much a crock of $hit as Thailand's?

8 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

"it distorts the statistics." lol.  No, on the contrary, statistics REVEAL facts, thats why statistics are so important.

And the facts, the statistics show that Sweden without any covid response, is doing terrible healthwise, just like the usa. 

Its difficult to accept for some high horsed farang  but these "stupid Thai officials" and those "idiot Thai people" have beaten most if not all farang countries when it comes to managing the covid crisis.

Take notes, we could learn a lesson here... 

Sweden is not doing terrible. They had 0.05% deaths in their population from Covid19. That's an extremely low number.

And if you can't understand basic statistics best not to talk about it.

As for Thailand "beating" most farangs, clearly you need help.

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

First we've got a nut-job president and his nut-job son. And now courtesy of the ever reliable, truthful Breitbart News, we've got a group of nut-job doctors.

From the CNN article linked above:

Exactly - the doctor who was the main one talking, at least in the video clips that I saw, and is the one Trump referred to in his press conference, not only believes demons and witches cause women to suffer gynecological disorders by having sex with them in their dreams, she also says that doctors are treating patients with alien DNA, that scientists are developing a vaccine that prevents people from being religious and that some members of the US government are reptilians (lizards).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

1 hour ago, Aussie Col said:

Just post the independent link to back up the claim and everybody will believe it.

No, you and a few others in this forum are demanding that. From now on called "The Few and The Sad"

Seems like the rest of the world is okay with the info they have. Sorry my ignorance now. I forgot that "The Few and The Sad" are superior and always knows better. The Few and The Sad sees the truth when nobody else will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Big Pharma wins and makes billions from developing a vaccine financed by handouts from the tax payer.

Several of the major vaccine developers and manufacturers have already committed to making any vaccine that is eventually approved for use, available on a non-profit basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

What <deleted> and FAKE NEWS. Thailand is one of the countrys with most cases of covid-19. And if anyone Thinks differently they Believe the Thai dictatorship.

Since when did John Hopkins uni become a Thai Dictator.........

When you find yourself even bothering to answer absolutely nutty posts.......its time to go and get a beer............:coffee1:

Good night

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now continue to live in your little bubble with the stupid belief that Thailand have managed to fool the whole world and it´s only you that can see the truth.

Do you realize how stupid that sounds when you read it.

Good Job Thailand!

I would accept that Thailand has probably done a good job in suppressing the virus in the last few months but not before that. Only a total fool would believe the official figures with the lack of testing. With such varying testing amounts and statistics in different countries the real figures are often a guessing game. The problem with Thailand's approach is that the government has created a bubble of success that must be protected from bursting by any means necessary, ie. keeping the borders closed indefinitely, which could lead to an economic meltdown. Other countries, while epidemiologically in a worse situation are trying to open up and keep the infections moderate but going on with their lives. Italy and Sweden were labelled as basket cases some months ago and paid a heavy price with many deaths but in both countries curves are going steadily down and they have opened up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Good work Thailand and congratulations to the people of Thailand who came together to fight the virus.

Keep the borders closed. 

I assume you are in thailand where income wise nothing has changed? lucky you i think i am right in saying approx 20% of thailands economy is dependant on tourism.

Add that to the shrinking world demand for goods thailand produces in its factories ie car parts ect.

this is not the west where workers get 80% of salary for staying at home.

So either vaccine comes quick or cracks will appear in reluctance to keep tourists out.

or perhaps the hungry should eat cake

• Like 1

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

Take notes, we could learn a lesson here... 

What are the lessons ?     all countries to except millions of Chinese tourists  especially 7,000 direct from Wuhan to achieve "herd immunity" early on, do little testing ,report  deaths as viral pneumonia,

make everyone wear facemasks , have more military coups ?

Obviously countries like the UK made some bad decisions sending elderly patients infected in hospitals  back to nursing homes , maybe mistakes with treatments too, closing the borders earlier ?  might have delayed the spread or just delayed the inevitable,   maybe people of "certain genetics" are more vulnerable to this virus  ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Are you mixing it up with the 184 countries ThailandRyan?.....Johns Hopkins University, done the report. Johns Hopkins University last 5 years Rankings have never been lower then 17th in the whole world

A total of 184 countries are ranked in the index that takes into account the proportion of the population that have died and other data from Johns Hopkins University. 

Sarcastic post on my part. There was an op last week in regards to foreigners and a poll done. I thought one might remember it. 

• Like 1

Agreed - from the single facet of limiting ‘officially reported' Covid-19 cases and deaths Thailand has been highly successful. 

However, whether or not the response of Thailand and similar countries who’ve entered a water-tight lockdown is the correct response for not only the long term future but the near-term future is yet to be established. 

The initial reasons for lockdown were that the veracity of SARS-CoV-2 and Covid-19 were at that time unknown, models were frightening, lockdown to avoid overwhelming the health services was the sensible option. 

As more facts were established the lockdown took on a political aspect and decisions were made more out of protecting the decision makers rather than the electorate. 

Waters are still muddied with regards to treatment, cures, vaccines, or even if a viable vaccine will become available and whether or not it is even effective to any great degree. 

Surely precise fatality rates are now known? without the need for bias reporting of deaths (died with not because of Covid-19) - so what are those fatality rates? 0.01%, 0.1%, 1% ????

Could we now life with a two tiered society whereby those at risk isolate themselves and those in low risk groups get on with their lives allowing the economy to kickstart?

Another facet is that we will be ’too clean’ we will have missed a couple of cycles of Flu and regular cold such that when they do recirculate the globe the global society is struck down with greater severity as existing immunity may have diminished. 

9 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

I assume you are in thailand where income wise nothing has changed? lucky you i think i am right in saying approx 20% of thailands economy is dependant on tourism.

Add that to the shrinking world demand for goods thailand produces in its factories ie car parts ect.

this is not the west where workers get 80% of salary for staying at home.

So either vaccine comes quick or cracks will appear in reluctance to keep tourists out.

or perhaps the hungry should eat cake

And 80% of Phukets economy comes from tourism per an article I just read. So certain areas are affected more than others throughout this country.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I just asked my wife if she was aware about Boss getting discharged she said thai people don't care, then my friend rang his wife in esan and she said the same.

Thai people are more worried about filthy falaangs coming to LOS, the stupid government has shot themselves in the foot, it will be some time before the big jets fly.

Thais are used to the fact that super rich Thais are above the law. And they know protesting against it or even thinking about it is a waste of time. I agree. TiT - even if it's not fair.

And what is a bigger risk for Thais? Many possibly infected "filthy falaangs" or one super rich guy?

And about the "stupid government has shot themselves in the foot": Let me guess, your wife and her friend would prefer the fugitive criminal and his little criminal sister... It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad.

56 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Taking a side bet I would bet that as we speak the US has started a 30,000 people trial for a vaccine.

The test will be a success and we will be all getting jabbed and with a vaccination certificate in hand marching to the airports within 6 months.

You must be a gifted visionary. The test just started and you know already it will be a success. Why do they do that test at all? You know already all will be perfect. Just inject everybody. What could possibly go wrong?

Please, you and your family go first. Enjoy the ride.