Hat Yai hotels brim with tourists

webfact

Hat Yai hotels brim with tourists

By THE NATION

800_f619f8249b6f56e.png?v=1595997367

Hotels in Hat Yai have witnessed full occupancy as tourists, especially from the southern border provinces, have flooded the city from the middle of this month, the Hat Yai Songkhla Hotels Association said.

Chairman Siwat Suwannawong said yesterday (July 28) that the tourists comprised mainly of families who drove their own vehicles. They preferred hotels with various facilities, including swimming pools and parking lots.

The number of visitors has exceeded official expectations for post-Covid-19 tourism, he said, adding that 80 per cent of hotels in Hat Yai have reopened.

The chairman said the other 20 per cent, which have not reopened, had targeted visitors from Malaysia or Singapore. Some of them did reopen but decided to shut again after no tourists turned up.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392088

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-29

• Confused 2

Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, former secretary to the finance minister and former Palang Pracharat spokesman, said today (July 29). 

"He said the government’s “Rao Tiew Duay Kan” (We Travel Together) tourism stimulus scheme has encouraged Thais to travel to a host of tourist attractions, such as Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Khao Yai, Udon Thani, Phuket and Koh Samui, expecting that people would spend more money during the four-month period of July 1 to October 31"

Hmmm.... They missed Hat Yai.   It seems that Hat Yai was either not in need, or it was missed by the infallible, never wrong, always well dressed junta. 

22 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Few Malaysians slipping across the border for a bit of hanky panky?

Where are they getting all there money from then , with so many unemployed it must be all the handouts the unelected government are giving .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

Few Malaysians slipping across the border for a bit of hanky panky?

No. These are Thais coming in from the surrounding area to see the 'bright lights' of the 'big city'. 

20 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Yep ,can see that all the time looking at the number plates of the vehicles.

Weekends and holidays it's normally very busy down here with the Muslims from Malaysia. 

The Not Drinkers are Drinking and gambling and fornicating until they drop.  ????

Malaysians driving up to Hat Yai (when the border was open) are generally Chinese Malaysian not Muslim Bumiputra. Muslim Malaysians looking for a temporary wife don't venture much further than Sadao or Golok.

Certainly isn't Malaysians in town over the weekend, and it'll be busy this weekend too as Friday is a holiday for Eid al-Fitr.

The southern border is closed.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Malaysians driving up to Hat Yai (when the border was open) are generally Chinese Malaysian not Muslim Bumiputra. Muslim Malaysians looking for a temporary wife don't venture much further than Sadao or Golok.

That's not what the Locals say, go and talk to the Massage shops they will tell you same as what I said.

We got some friends in the Industry.

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

That's not what the Locals say, go and talk to the Massage shops they will tell you same as what I said.

We got some friends in the Industry.

If you've canvassed all of Hat Yai's massage shops well way to go!

Do they check ID cards for religion or work on the basis of Roundheads v Cavaliers?

Edited by Stocky
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stocky said:

It was noticeably busy in town over the weekend and judging by some of the driving there were a fair few southern yokels about. 

I think quite a few got carried away with the Motor Show being held at PSU over the weekend.

13 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If you've canvassed all of Hat Yai's massage shops well way to go!

Do they check ID cards for religion or work on the basis of Roundheads v Cavaliers?

No need  I've seen enough .

They can Smell them ,don't have to check ID .Believe it or not, Up to you. I know whats what. :jap:

• Like 1

I've been in Hat Yai since Friday. Staying at a private residence in Kho Hong area. Monday went to Central Festival which was averagely busy. Today I went for early dinner downtown and at 4pm the city was very quiet. So many hotels and businesses closed. It really is not busy here. I wanted to go to Quigleys Irish pub for food and a beer but it was shut down and for rent/sale. Few other bars open until 5-6pm. Sat at Lion Pub (recommended although 95 Baht for small Singha is pricey) with nice staff. The centre of town is definitely quieter than expected. The suburbs seem busier.

kG0M3FqW-aqzAUksIIasnvHni26gArh25iMGlCAlrc5x2s_bWy5skFe81d89wqCNlaTtqccRWlA2BV_d9vMQUjDh-wUYULNdVdxDZBmN6jklyfF1INQp1pODV_jVEZhmnCKwNJ2J8QvjajvaLm7bovgE5SzNtZE-72MnkVGPhiMOkDv1aBlvcQ4o1fhCALHGkYZV0RUTawxClFNNPbuIWBsl9e5pGD_bMWt6T06MuDT9y6ctbTrwwU-CXTUr5idKB-5FMhVJ_OklgsI_ZBdkX4R0fHbgxkKajoOuo3LRac8j2V10FIpVwOpm9ZVqx5JbuSHcjNN6pCNmdpmv42lL8zgK2CX5yiv76rhSbVnfFCEtBQh2PgqH9o__whhnvrWhId3Qjlub7m519xYinbTzviUt4rgkLaMo3bn11B4xEGtOdkWmjfHZIsmtO5tX4PWb-k3gMWd4eJ7wBerqy1s8TWpgKc_zdEogz5MXTApfAnWhYYOEPcwoz5X-PJbIPQR_QUiom31sNih03mMQEtpZXhv8SlCDpoCFsAzBZIhjnTwRfq2TXwl90Bhe_G5cRS-E3vOo6iDrddry_3pp1DQhkte537Qk_zeMkrpQsR4ESk9ohmd4akqEYqFo0zeUPui5KyHfv_Zjz5fALcN3RYzZlJqq8xnc250GNHFVQ6MeHT_bf4ZADXstl_UqIaCTIA=w1605-h903-no?authuser=0

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I think quite a few got carried away with the Motor Show being held at PSU over the weekend.

I forgot the motor show was still on

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

I wanted to go to Quigleys Irish pub for food and a beer but it was shut down and for rent/sale.

The centre of town is definitely quieter than expected. The suburbs seem busier.

Quigley's closed end of last year, pity but it just didn't get enough custom.

The area around where you're staying near to the University is busier than town. We were in the Acoustic Pub on Sunday and it was standing room only. Mix of the long weekend and last round of the EPL meant a busy night. Social distancing just went out the window.

29 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I forgot the motor show was still on

Quigley's closed end of last year, pity but it just didn't get enough custom.

The area around where you're staying near to the University is busier than town. We were in the Acoustic Pub on Sunday and it was standing room only. Mix of the long weekend and last round of the EPL meant a busy night. Social distancing just went out the window.

GF works at Alive restaurant and it's been really busy there recently. Because she finishes late (after 11pm) haven't been partying out.

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

No need  I've seen enough .

They can Smell them ,don't have to check ID .Believe it or not, Up to you. I know whats what. :jap:

I would put that down to the particular Laksa smell each individual emanates... the more north, the fishier...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I've been in Hat Yai since Friday. Staying at a private residence in Kho Hong area. Monday went to Central Festival which was averagely busy. Today I went for early dinner downtown and at 4pm the city was very quiet. So many hotels and businesses closed. It really is not busy here. I wanted to go to Quigleys Irish pub for food and a beer but it was shut down and for rent/sale. Few other bars open until 5-6pm. Sat at Lion Pub (recommended although 95 Baht for small Singha is pricey) with nice staff. The centre of town is definitely quieter than expected. The suburbs seem busier.

kG0M3FqW-aqzAUksIIasnvHni26gArh25iMGlCAlrc5x2s_bWy5skFe81d89wqCNlaTtqccRWlA2BV_d9vMQUjDh-wUYULNdVdxDZBmN6jklyfF1INQp1pODV_jVEZhmnCKwNJ2J8QvjajvaLm7bovgE5SzNtZE-72MnkVGPhiMOkDv1aBlvcQ4o1fhCALHGkYZV0RUTawxClFNNPbuIWBsl9e5pGD_bMWt6T06MuDT9y6ctbTrwwU-CXTUr5idKB-5FMhVJ_OklgsI_ZBdkX4R0fHbgxkKajoOuo3LRac8j2V10FIpVwOpm9ZVqx5JbuSHcjNN6pCNmdpmv42lL8zgK2CX5yiv76rhSbVnfFCEtBQh2PgqH9o__whhnvrWhId3Qjlub7m519xYinbTzviUt4rgkLaMo3bn11B4xEGtOdkWmjfHZIsmtO5tX4PWb-k3gMWd4eJ7wBerqy1s8TWpgKc_zdEogz5MXTApfAnWhYYOEPcwoz5X-PJbIPQR_QUiom31sNih03mMQEtpZXhv8SlCDpoCFsAzBZIhjnTwRfq2TXwl90Bhe_G5cRS-E3vOo6iDrddry_3pp1DQhkte537Qk_zeMkrpQsR4ESk9ohmd4akqEYqFo0zeUPui5KyHfv_Zjz5fALcN3RYzZlJqq8xnc250GNHFVQ6MeHT_bf4ZADXstl_UqIaCTIA=w1605-h903-no?authuser=0

Inner City Hat Yay is mostly for tourists Definitely not Cheap.

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

GF works at Alive restaurant and it's been really busy there recently. Because she finishes late (after 11pm) haven't been partying out.

We've been to Alive a couple of times, really striking restaurant with the platforms up in the tree. Both occasions it was busy, but mainly with Malaysians, so good to know it's doing OK without the tourists. Suspect service is much improved as a result.

We left Acoustic Sunday night at past midnight and there were no signs they were closing, the midnight rule seems to be optional in Hat Yai. So even finishing/starting at 11 you should be able to get a reasonable night out.

Edited by Stocky
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, digger70 said:

No Prejudice, Just Plain Fact.  :jap:

I suppose you've never been intimate with a muslimah. They generally they better care of themselves than their northern sisters do.