Recommended Gastroenterologist in Bangkok - Samitivej preferably

Joedobbs

Hi,

Don't like making random appointments with Doctors I don't know.

Looking to see if someone can recommend a gastroenterologist in Bangkok and preferably at Samitivej Sukhumvit as that is my go to hospital. Need a consultation and then possibly a colonoscopy, so if anyone can recommend someone they were happy with please let me know!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Joedobbs said:

Hi, I am looking for a gastroenterlogist - I have some stomach issues that I want to finally be brave enough to try to solve.

Also, if you know someone you can recommend at Samitivej in Sukhumvit that would be great as thats my hospital.

Sorry, something went wrong in the copy and paste, I emant this:

https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/en/doctors/rungsun-rerknimitr/?initial=all&hospital=all&gender=all&lang=all&schedule=&special_clinical=&specialty=all&keyword=Rungsun+Rerknimitr&checkformSearch=1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:26 PM, papersource said:

I saw Dr Morakod Deesomsak at Samitijej a few years ago for a gastro problem and she did a colonoscopy on me. I would go back to see her again and would reccomend her. She is a good doctor and easy to work with.

Hi Thanks, I'll also have a look.

Do you mind me asking how the procedure went? How long does it last? Do they sedate you or are you completely under?

Is it done in an operating theatre? Does it hurt?

Are you able to leave the hospital the same day?

A little anxious about having it done...

Thanks

Colonoscopy is a same day procedure. You are given Iv sedation that will completely knock you out, you feel nothing other than the initial insertion of the IV. The only unpleasant part is the prep (powerful laxatives to clean out ypur colon).

You can go home as soon as you are fully awake which usually does not take long. But best to have someone with you and don't plan on driving as you may still be a bit spaced out for a few hours.

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Colonoscopy is a same day procedure. You are given Iv sedation that will completely knock you out, you feel nothing other than the initial insertion of the IV. The only unpleasant part is the prep (powerful laxatives to clean out ypur colon).

You can go home as soon as you are fully awake which usually does not take long. But best to have someone with you and don't plan on driving as you may still be a bit spaced out for a few hours.

Thanks Sheryl, so its a complete anethesia? Does that mean that a special doctore knocks you out and manages you while you are out?

1 hour ago, Joedobbs said:

Thanks Sheryl, so its a complete anethesia? Does that mean that a special doctore knocks you out and manages you while you are out?

It is not "general anesthesia". No gas, no intubation. It is IV sedation. You breathe normally on your own and are semi-conscious  but will not feel a thing nor remember anything. They use short acting IV medications. Usually does not require an anesthesiologist.

If this is the sedation used for upper endoscopy it is very pleasant indeed.  Woke up on bed in next room after procedure not remembering anything after they said inserting mouth piece - and feeling as if had the best sleep in years.