Using an agent

I think you will find the agents are mostly in the expat areas, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai etc, where the demand is.

Some agents offer their services via mail to other parts of Thailand, but you would end up with an extension where the agent is located.

Mention your location for more specific information.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

There is a big difference in trying to find an agent to circumvent the immigration laws, or finding one that can remove the admin hassle and smooth the way for you to obtain a legal permission to stay.   I would say that you need an agent in the Province in which you are applying and in which you are registered as living. 

• Like 1

It all depends, some of the well known ones in Bangkok or Chonburi do all sorts of visas and extensions - often in another region than the agent is located.

There is a "scale of grey" going from just getting them to run around to do the paperwork to escalating for a fee, or more.

Be aware of "wannabe agents", those who just set up shop & try to get in on the game! Those are the ones that suddenly "lose your passport", or get you into worse trouble!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

There is a big difference in trying to find an agent to circumvent the immigration laws, or finding one that can remove the admin hassle and smooth the way for you to obtain a legal permission to stay.   I would say that you need an agent in the Province in which you are applying and in which you are registered as living. 

A Pattaya agent can do anywhere but with a Pattaya stamp. Then file a Tm30 

Hi, hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm looking for an established, reputable agent in either Bangkok, Pattaya or Hua HIn.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially from TV members who have first hand experience.

Mostly they are local to you, certainly that is true if you live in the Pattaya or Bangkok areas. I do hear of people who live in rural northern areas, using an agent from say KK. It also means their address may well be in KK, and the agent takes care of 90 day reporting too.

• Like 1

Seemed like I may have dodged a bullet with Thai Visa Centre, since they have been recently arrested.

I would ask for further recommendations for a visa agent but maybe best send a PM rather than post.