how do you tell a thai girlfriend i don't want her 18 year son living with us

yeahbutif

On 7/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, ukrules said:

Encourage him to join the army.

Tried that.

He came home on leave at the start of June and never went back. 

They get unofficial release and the C.O. keeps the salary. 6000 /month.

The 185cm scrote is in the village cassava root farming and asking his mother for 50 baht phone credit. 

No idea how his wife and kids are surviving?

Although she is a little bit more savvy than him.

(Knows how to get a $ or 2)

On 7/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Encourage the 18y/o son to get a girlfriend - flirt with her... 

..... your GF will take care of the rest !

Err, had his 23 year wifey put the hard word on me for baby food money, when he went to the army. 

(Scary offer, but nothing surprisesme anymore).

I did ask who was paying for the bike seeing as they had defaulted. 5 months. 

His wifey say "mum will pay".

Her job she says was to sit on her big A and look after the kid.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:06 PM, ukrules said:

I wasn't joking about the army, I know someone who's son has just signed up. He starts his training in a couple of months time.

Something about doing 1 year on a voluntary basis or risking 2 years by 'picking the ball'.

Check out the conscript stories. Seriously. 

And depending on the training base he goes to.

Hers went to Petchabun and 3rd Infantry Regiment. 

I thought great...????????????

A couple of months and the rot and corruption was setting in.????

Up line not give salary this month. 6000 baht. 

Mae, Mae..

Motor Bike defaults. 

His 23 year wifey put the hard word on me for baby food money. 

PM me if want to...

On 8/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, Tagged said:

That depends, and seems the OP failed to connect with her son, and it became a proplem for him.

18 years is to young to be kicked out, they are not ready as we where when young, and easy to find work. I moved to another city at 17, no problem, work everywhere, and easy to find a flat and pay for it.

Please tell us of your experience with Thai children, tell us how wonderfully you bonded with a teenage son.

Failed to connect my ass. Girls are different but the boys, give me a break.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Please tell us of your experience with Thai children, tell us how wonderfully you bonded with a teenage son.

Two of my friends connected to their wifes boy, and they are doing great. One finished mechanic and the other one at university. The key is language and patience.

Why is girls easier? 

Anyway the key is, if you have no interest of others kids, dont get involved with a lady with kids, and take a hard look at the family. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Two of my friends connected to their wifes boy, and they are doing great. One finished mechanic and the other one at university. The key is language and patience.

Why is girls easier? 

Anyway the key is, if you have no interest of others kids, dont get involved with a lady with kids, and take a hard look at the family. 

Doing great has nothing to do with connecting, it just means they (farang)  were there to hand out money. Girls aren't as hard headed.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Doing great has nothing to do with connecting, it just means they (farang)  were there to hand out money. Girls aren't as hard headed.

You have no idea how much time they spent with them, teaching them, bringing them to work, go garage fix motorbike, fishing, hiking, and all that kind of stuff kids should do with their fathers.

you seems so angry, how come? I said priviously 15 is a bit to old and maybe to late. 

If you think paying the money same as paying your girl and expect here to serve you to you die, then you are lost, same with kids. They do not start being smart just out of nowhere, they need somebody to look up to. 

7 minutes ago, Tagged said:

You have no idea how much time they spent with them, teaching them, bringing them to work, go garage fix motorbike, fishing, hiking, and all that kind of stuff kids should do with their fathers.

you seems so angry, how come? I said priviously 15 is a bit to old and maybe to late. 

If you think paying the money same as paying your girl and expect here to serve you to you die, then you are lost, same with kids. They do not start being smart just out of nowhere, they need somebody to look up to. 

Not angry, just realistic. 15 is definitely too old to build anything, but hey as long as the money rolls in, everyone's happy. Remember we're not the ones who cast their own kids aside like trash the way Thai guys can do, but all of a sudden we're the bad guys if we don't want to continue raising her kids (paying for) beyond the age of adulthood.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jakob Clements said:

Just say that I don’t want your son to continue living with us. He has already 18 years old and he can take care of himself.

Jepp that is the easiest way to do it, and you have to live with his mother as long that last! You just gave here another reason just to stay only because of the money, and nothing else. 

A woman would have spent time for a long time to finely make you think it is your idea. Thats what men havent discoverd yet. We just make a thought, tell what we want, and do not think of feelings or anything else, we just want it done with! 

Women is a bit more patient, and take her time to get trough. You should have started 3 years ago convinching her whats best for the boy ???? Now its to late

On 8/4/2020 at 11:37 AM, Tagged said:

I guess he choosed not to accept you or respect you!

Thats what youhavetofigure out before you make aggrements with his mom. I said it before, you dont just get involved with a woman in thailand, you get the whole package (family) So when meeting a woman, you need to figure out botonky the woman, but the family to.

I guess he chose rather than choosed 

On 8/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, EVENKEEL said:

Yes indeed, girls are different. Girls can get one put in jail. IMO avoid a girl that is not of your own making like the plague.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:24 PM, Tagged said:

I was in loco parentis for several years and supported them financially. They have never so much as written me a letter since I left. My mother treated them better than their own grandparents and they've never ever sent a card at Christmas.

Far as I'm concerned If one wants to have a father son relationship and it works then fine, but not for me. I married my wife to have a life with her, not her nephews.

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was in loco parentis for several years and supported them financially. They have never so much as written me a letter since I left. My mother treated them better than their own grandparents and they've never ever sent a card at Christmas.

Far as I'm concerned If one wants to have a father son relationship and it works then fine, but not for me. I married my wife to have a life with her, not her nephews.

People do mistakes, and I had my experiences to. I learned, I went on doing my life with new perspectiv and energy. Not one day regret anything, just a bit smarter and better I hope, but the most important Im done with my mistakes, and do mot bring it to the next realationship. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tagged said:

People do mistakes, and I had my experiences to. I learned, I went on doing my life with new perspectiv and energy. Not one day regret anything, just a bit smarter and better I hope, but the most important Im done with my mistakes, and do mot bring it to the next realationship. 

The lesson I learned from my mistakes is that it's a mistake to get into a permanent relationship with a woman. I will never forget that lesson, nor will I ever have another permanent relationship with a woman. Since I decided that I've been feeling better than I was the previous many years.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:20 PM, giddyup said:

Is everything so cut and dried with you?

Yes, it is. And throughout nearly 6 decades of living is has been both vice and virtue. But it is they way I am. 

At least everyone knows where I really stand on every issue. I would have made a lousy politician.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:33 AM, itsari said:

I guess he chose rather than choosed 

Going off topic, but it is a pity that "Grammar Nazis" are frowned on. 

It would be easy and helpful to correct simple mistakes and it would help people learn. 

Might even teach NES types about the apostrophe and wean them off could of, should of etc. 

On 8/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, rott said:

Going off topic, but it is a pity that "Grammar Nazis" are frowned on. 

It would be easy and helpful to correct simple mistakes and it would help people learn. 

Might even teach NES types about the apostrophe and wean them off could of, should of etc. 

English is not the first language for many posters and no one likes a smart <deleted> criticizing them.

I doubt many come on here to learn grammar.