how do you tell a thai girlfriend i don't want her 18 year son living with us

yeahbutif

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Get a new Girlfriend with no kids

Can't argue.  The Thai girlfriend I had before meeting my wife wasn't entirely honest with me before we met but soon became apparent that she did have a son when it was made clear from the outset that I won't accept any strings under any circumstances.  Nothing personal but glad I stuck to my guns.  

He may be 18 but if you are from the West you should know 18 is young to leave home there and here a kid of 18 on his own knows next to nothing. You knew the deal 3 years ago so stop quitting and figure out a plan for this kid or just be a quitter. I am sure that will make you happy. If not, be a man and deal with the issue the smart way. 15 year olds are harder to deal with than 18 year olds it could get better. 

• Like 2

Strictly speaking, until her son reaches the age of 20, he is not an adult and is her responsibility. By law he should live with her, not go to bars and be home at 10P.M. for safety. I suggest you get a new girlfriend.

4 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Strictly speaking, until her son reaches the age of 20, he is not an adult and is her responsibility. By law he should live with her, not go to bars and be home at 10P.M. for safety. I suggest you get a new girlfriend.

are you sure its her son and not her toy boy?

I remember a friend of mine some years ago bought a nice small 2 bedroom villa with a pool for him his wife and her daughter but it seemed like every other week some other member of the extended family would move in where it got to the point he couldn't have a <deleted> in peace and they just took over nowhere to sit in the lounge the wifes so called nephew changed all the channels on the TV to thai come home from the bar at night and the grand mother would be lying on the floor chewing tobacco and gobbing it out up the wall, this was like a bunch of hillbillies had moved in, they were slowly trashing the house the back garden looked like scrap yard, Im afraid it didnt end well the wife sided with the family not her husband who paid for the house,

21 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Here's me thinking it was the age of 40

10 hours ago, johnray said:

Asian's don't throw away family like Americans/Brits do.  The family unit stays close.  You care for kids, your neighbors kids because the Dad's in prison, the girlfriend's cousin's underage pregnancy kids, the drug addict brother and a bunch of old people.

It's actually a disgusting thing to even mention throwing out the 18-year-old.

Most Thai houses I've seen have 6 generations living in them.  From the old people to newborn kids from a 14 year old.

sarcasm is not so easily understood by many of the stalwart denizens of TV.     

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I remember a friend of mine some years ago bought a nice small 2 bedroom villa with a pool for him his wife and her daughter but it seemed like every other week some other member of the extended family would move in where it got to the point he couldn't have a <deleted> in peace and they just took over nowhere to sit in the lounge the wifes so called nephew changed all the channels on the TV to thai come home from the bar at night and the grand mother would be lying on the floor chewing tobacco and gobbing it out up the wall, this was like a bunch of hillbillies had moved in, they were slowly trashing the house the back garden looked like scrap yard, Im afraid it didnt end well the wife sided with the family not her husband who paid for the house,

you should find better friends .

15 hours ago, Sundown said:

ฉันไม่ต้องการให้ลูกชายอายุ 18 ปีของคุณอาศัยอยู่กับเรา

Google translate work better if you actually know Thai..........

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Could be worse ...... could be her brother living with you.

Next time the GF/wife introduces you to her "brother" use this slang:
Pee nahng thawng chon gan chai mai (พี่น้องท้องชนกันใช่ไหม)
Brother and sister whose bellys collide together, right?

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

There are other things to do in life, apart from having sex , eating food and visiting Temples

I not visiting Temples, honestly, a lot of sex, beach, sun every day what more do you want in life?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sundown said:

Yes the old Brother story is almost epic like the buffalo.

My dear friend told me he went at this Thai girl house (not bar girl) and they were going to get in bed then he goes "but, I don't have a condom" so she goes and pulls one from the drawer and he's like "oh you always keep condoms ready?" And she is like "no, it's my brother's!!!!"

But she didn't tell him it was already used......

I been in this situation too and you probably did the right thing when you told her your feelings. Also I think you should feel right about refusing to allow him to live with you.  Tell her it would be a good thing for him to make a life of his own. He is an adult after all. 

Good luck either way.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this, but I find it hard to ask a mother to throw her 18 year old son out on the street.
  OP accepted a relationship with a woman who already had a 15 year old son, I wonder what people would think of it in a western country, what opinion they would have of the man, ah sorry I forgot we are in Thailand, the woman is a piece of flesh.

And I add if he was a few years older I would have closed my mouth

• Thanks 1