Time to put Phuket on show, no price gouging, Governor urges

snoop1130

Time to put Phuket on show, no price gouging, Governor urges

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1596018503_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew speakign during his video address this morning (July 29). Screenshot: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- Phuket will be on show in the coming week as medical workers and volunteers start to arrive unde the government-subsidised domestic tourism campaign, so be nice hosts, welcome tourists and do not take advantage of them was the strong message delivered by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew this morning (July 29).

In his new “Phuket Governor daily report to the people” video, Governor Narong today said, “This is a chance for us to show Phuket to people. Please do not look at them as potential victims. They are Thai, they are our neighbours and friends. Please put your rates down, do not overcharge for food, services, boat rides and taxis.

“Do not take advantage of them. Be a nice host. You know they can choose other provinces to travel to. Please take care of them well, if we welcome them well enough, they will share their experiences and provide good feedback with their friends. This is a way to have more tourists visit Phuket,” he added.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/time-to-phuket-on-show-no-price-gouging-governor-urges-76825.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-07-29

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:
37 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Please do not look at them as potential victims.

as you do the foreign Johnny's he mumbled .. 

'potential victims' Reminds of a girl in my GoGo bar years ago.

She was so good-looking with huge tracks of land (customers couldn't take their eyes off them), that she always picked her own victims - they never picked her.

I remember once a short guy trying to get off with her. Her reply was a scathing, "I don't think so."

• Haha 1

The guy in yellow has got his lucky rinsing shirt back from the laundry and has fallen fast asleep with a tight grip on his tally sheet only to later wake and find some joker has painted a mural of a ghost town on the wall void of any tourists and any future gouging was just a hazy distant dream ???? 

On 7/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, snoop1130 said:

Please do not look at them as potential victims. They are Thai, they are our neighbours and friends.

Ergo, non-Thai are victims. It'd be nice to dress it up another way, but that is the ethos in a nutshell, folks. I hope Vietnam leapfrogs the place.

• Like 2