Certificate of residence - Which immigration office?

Hi, I recently went to Changwattanna to get a certificate of residence (for a driver's license).   The officer gave me a notification of residence form 

(wrong form ) and told me to go to Muang thong thani?  I left bewildered and having wasted a half a day.  Since he gave me the wrong form, I am assuming he doesn't understand what I wanted to get.  I explained it was for a driver's license to no avail.  Now I am wondering if he is correct about the office I need to go to as well, I would hate to have to waste another day going to the wrong office especially as they place these offices as far away from central BKK as they possibly can.  Can anyone confirm for me that Muang Thong Thani is the correct office to go to for a CERTIFICATE OF RESIDENCE (OR RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE).  Thanks.  I have called, written emails, no coherent replies.  

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure Chaeng Wattana is the correct office.

I don't think he understood what you wanted. Download this form Application For Certificate Of Residency48.26 kB · 1,121 downloads , print it out and show it to them next time.

Thanks Joe.  They said location changed ( to Muang thong thani ) on July 13th.  Is that location for other services?

11 hours ago, michael888 said:

Thanks Joe.  They said location changed ( to Muang thong thani ) on July 13th.  Is that location for other services?

That is where you would do a TM30 report and you are not doing that.

Here is a list of what the are doing there (snipped from their announcement). A certificate of residency is not shown on the lists. Notification of residence it a a TM30 form submittal.

image.png.828548bc660cd17fb2f3d3ff3a278dc7.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is where you would do a TM30 report and you are not doing that.

Here is a list of what the are doing there (snipped from their announcement). A certificate of residency is not shown on the lists. Notification of residence it a a TM30 form .

image.png.828548bc660cd17fb2f3d3ff3a278dc7.png

Is it possible that the OP didn't have a TM30 receipt, so was being sent to the other office to get one, before the Certificate of Residence could be issued?

There does seem to be some confusion about which office processes Certificates of Residence, as another ThaiVisa advice group (on Facebook)  is advising people to go to the new office to do this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is it possible that the OP didn't have a TM30 receipt, so was being sent to the other office to get one, before the Certificate of Residence could be issued?

Since they will only do them if you are doing 90 day reports to CW they normally do not ask for anything but your passport.

There does seem to be some confusion about which office processes Certificates of Residence, as another ThaiVisa advice group (on Facebook)  is advising people to go to the new office to do this.

All I have to go by is that announcement and it does not appear on it. The certificate of residency is more of administrative funcion they do and I do not recall any desk number being mentioned for it.

• Like 2

I do have a tm 30 receipt.  I have all the neccesary documents (I hope). 

the Imm. offficer didn't even look at my documents, he was very abrupt and aggravated that I had a question (big surprise). 

I asked him for a form for a certificate of residence he then gave me a notification of residence form.  I said " I think this is the wrong form", to which he replied - 'you go muang thong thani".  

I asked another officer inside and he said the same thing.  I also tried to explain that this form was incorrect and I needed the certificate of residence for a driver's license.  

I'm thoroughly confused now as to which office I should go to.  ?   

54 minutes ago, michael888 said:

I do have a tm 30 receipt.  I have all the neccesary documents (I hope). 

the Imm. offficer didn't even look at my documents, he was very abrupt and aggravated that I had a question (big surprise). 

I asked him for a form for a certificate of residence he then gave me a notification of residence form.  I said " I think this is the wrong form", to which he replied - 'you go muang thong thani".  

I asked another officer inside and he said the same thing.  I also tried to explain that this form was incorrect and I needed the certificate of residence for a driver's license.  

I'm thoroughly confused now as to which office I should go to.  ?   

The Administrator of the Facebook ThaiVisa group says it is definitely Muang Thong Thani for Certficates of Residence, even though the graphic posted by Ubonjoe doesn't say this.  I suggest you try there.  let us know how you get on, as I will need to get one soon too!

• Like 1

The Administrator of the Facebook ThaiVisa group says it is definitely Muang Thong Thani for Certficates of Residence, even though the graphic posted by Ubonjoe doesn't say this.  I suggest you try there.  let us know how you get on, as I will need to get one soon too!

Thanks.  I suppose I'll flip a coin Lolz.  I'm getting conflicting information.  It's amazingly difficult.  I don't understand why they can't just have my address on my work permit.  

I just called 1178, and after double checking with supervisor, the nice person on the line told me I needed to go to CW.  I made clear I was talking about the residence certificate needed for driver's license.  I hope it's correct because I intend to go this week.

Edited by JTXR

2 hours ago, JTXR said:

I just called 1178, and after double checking with supervisor, the nice person on the line told me I needed to go to CW.  I made clear I was talking about the residence certificate needed for driver's license.  I hope it's correct because I intend to go this week.

LOLz.  Rolled the dice and went to MTT.  It was the correct place.  Halfway to Ayuthaya.   1st building counter B I think.  They did not have forms but I had luckily downloaded and printed the one that Joe had kindly provided (link above).  

Copy of:

TM30 (I had copy of application screenshot)

owner of condo's ownership papers,

just about every page in passport,

tm6 card

90 day report.

The said it will arrive in 3 weeks!  Glad I made that appointment with DLT for 2 weeks from now, guess I'll be making a new appointment (in person of course because farang cant make appt. over the phone evidently) for sometime in 2021.  Wow.  

I've never had this much difficulty attaining anything in my entire life.  Makes you wanna drive without one.

Edited by michael888
  • Haha 1

I received a message late yesterday from a person who knows about Chaeng Wattana and he informed me that certificates of residency are normally done at section B which has moved to the temporary location at MTT.

21 hours ago, michael888 said:

LOLz.  Rolled the dice and went to MTT.  It was the correct place.  Halfway to Ayuthaya.   1st building counter B I think.  They did not have forms but I had luckily downloaded and printed the one that Joe had kindly provided (link above). 

Thanks for the confirmation.  You saved me a trip to CW.  ????

• Like 2

• 1 year later...