Thai police consider charging organizers of recent Jennie concerts

webfact

Thai police consider charging organizers of recent Jennie concerts

Concert.jpg

Police are considering taking legal action against the organizers of concerts, held in Thailand’s southern provinces of Nakhon Si Thammarat and Krabi on July 24th and 25th, during which some attendees were seen not wearing face masks and not observing social distancing rules.

Pol Colonel Krisana Pattanacharoen, Deputy Spokesman for the Royal Thai Police, said today that they will invite the concert organizers and others for questioning, and might charge them with offences under the state of emergency provisions and the Infectious Disease Act.

He said that police in the two provinces have been gathering evidence, to be used as a basis for potential legal action. The concerts, which were held at Khao Lom Temple, in Ao Loek district of Krabi province, and at the old district office of Cha-uad, in Nakhon Si Thammarat, featured teenage heart-throb Jennie.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-police-consider-charging-organizers-of-recent-jennie-concerts/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:
3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's a pity they didn't consider legal action against the organisers of the Thai boxing event at Lumphini all those months ago when they were told not to hold it. It was a major source for the spread of Covid.

They were making money from it. 

Yeah, I realise that. I think we all knew that no one in the military would ever be held responsible for the consequences.

Perhaps I should add a master of ceremonies monologue:

Ladies and gentlemen, in the fight between the chance of making a quick buck, against the health of the Thai population, I can announce that after only one round, the winner by a knock-out is the quick buck.

• Like 2