Red Bull heir Vorayuth asked to come clean by eight of his relatives

webfact

27 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

It's clearly they don't read Thai Visa, and certainly don't know what the majority of the Thais think about corruption. 

A clearly sign they don't mix with the "peasants". 

They shouldn't be afraid at all about the "Boss" case. 

Will see in a couple of days what the revision will bring. 

I hope I am wrong, and that finally something will change in Thailand. 

Addendum :

It is my opinion that many Thais are not pleased at all with the Boss case. 

But they also know that if something change in the system in Thailand, it may also affect them, in one way or another. 

Not something they really wish. 

I don’t think your average Thai is worried the outcome of this case may set a precedent for the future that means they won’t be able to get away with vehicular manslaughter whilst under the influence of alcohol and drugs. 

Most sober people never plan to drive like lunatics whilst drunk and high on drugs. These poor decisions are made when your inhibitions are low due to the alcohol and drugs.

You have a rather low opinion of how your average Thai compartmentalizes their thoughts. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

I don’t think your average Thai is worried the outcome of this case may set a precedent for the future that means they won’t be able to get away with vehicular manslaughter whilst under the influence of alcohol and drugs. 

Most sober people never plan to drive like lunatics whilst drunk and high on drugs. These poor decisions are made when your inhibitions are low due to the alcohol and drugs.

You have a rather low opinion of how your average Thai compartmentalizes their thoughts. 

I suppose my English is so bad you didn't understand what I wrote. 

After 20 years Thailand, and been able to rub shoulders with a lot of Thais from different social levels, I dare to say that I have a pretty fair insight of them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose my English is so bad you didn't understand what I wrote. 

After 20 years Thailand, and been able to rub shoulders with a lot of Thais from different social levels, I dare to say that I have a pretty fair insight of them. 

Don’t we all. Thaivisa’s biggest Prayut fan claims to have been here even longer than you and look at what he knows. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Don’t we all. Thaivisa’s biggest Prayut fan claims to have been here even longer than you and look at what he knows. 

I don't know what others really know, but I know what I know based on my proper experiences. 

Now others may have different opinions, fair enough. 

But I will stop here with you, you know my opinions. 

Not sure I really knows yours, and what you really mean in real life. 

I live here 5 minutes from the Thonglor police station. 

Always ready to meet you there, for seeing how you concretely express your opinion in real life / face to face with the guys there. 

In the meantime I consider you as one of those who like to tell a lot of things behind the anonymity of a forum. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This reaction may be to smooth over all the problems this ongoing matter is causing. There are plenty of payoffs which need to be investigated and they may now be realising if they don't to try to get closure this stink could do far more damage if they start investigating the attempts to cover this up.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

There's an irony there in the phrase 'the great escape', seeing as it was a motorcyclist who was killed.

Genre Grandeur – The Great Escape (1963) (Encore Review ...

I see you are awake this fine morning how many others would have got that?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are feeling the heat themselves and also loosing money. They are trying, with this PR move, to stem the tide from being washed out and ostracized themselves.

They also see themselves as inheritors if the brat gets life imprisonment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I don't know what others really know, but I know what I know based on my proper experiences. 

Now others may have different opinions, fair enough. 

But I will stop here with you, you know my opinions. 

Not sure I really knows yours, and what you really mean in real life. 

I live here 5 minutes from the Thonglor police station. 

Always ready to meet you there, for seeing how you concretely express your opinion in real life / face to face with the guys there. 

In the meantime I consider you as one of those who like to tell a lot of things behind the anonymity of a forum. 

You replied to my comment initially and not the other way round. We're all free to counter each other's ideas and points. You can't just state you've lived somewhere X amount of years so you know best. If you know best, then counter it with sound arguments and logic. Not merely posturing. 

My opinions on this case are very simple. The more we condemn it and keep it in the spotlight; the more officials and the Red Bull Family have to squirm and lose face. See, the Red Bull rat may well be able to just waltz back into Thailand without any charges laid upon him, but you can bet your last dollar he won't be doing something like this ever again. You can also bet any other spoilt brats might be thinking twice about this sort of beahviour. And that to me is effective change. This is a positive outcome. 

And no, I have zero desire to go to any police station to express my opinions. The people involved in this case have dropped the remaining charges and haven't even explained why. Let them explain why they dropped the charges first. 

I'm the kind of person who likes to counter bad ideas with good ideas. This mentality is typically despised by people who don't have good ideas and don't want to be called out for it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Nice PR move, but no go. Why wait 8  years for this open letter?

Maybe they have shares in the company, maybe sales have been on or will decline with the bad publicity, after all, from what I hear people here think of themselves first, just saying.

• Like 1