Aorta Repair

Pyloszeus

Just wondering if anyone has any info on adominal aorta aneurysm repair in Chiang Mai. Small at the moment 3.2cm. But  told to watch and wait untill it reaches over 5.2 before. Or would Bangkok be a better option when the time comes.

Thanks in advance

As with any surgery, the more similar cases done the better. Ergo having it done in a hospital that does many such is always better than done in a hospital that does few.

However, being able to contact people had surgery in a particular hospital is good too, for personal experience stories and outcomes.

If possible to find the data, failure rate and post op complications good to compare.

If possible get the consultant to do your case, rather than a less experienced surgeon.

IMO no such thing as 100% perfection, and as long as humans do surgery there will be mistakes, but try to minimise the chances of a bad outcome.

28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As with any surgery, the more similar cases done the better. Ergo having it done in a hospital that does many such is always better than done in a hospital that does few.

However, being able to contact people had surgery in a particular hospital is good too, for personal experience stories and outcomes.

If possible to find the data, failure rate and post op complications good to compare.

If possible get the consultant to do your case, rather than a less experienced surgeon.

IMO no such thing as 100% perfection, and as long as humans do surgery there will be mistakes, but try to minimise the chances of a bad outcome.

That is one reason I mentioned India...some of those clinics do thousands of heart operations per year...it is all they do.

• Like 1

Just over 3 years ago my father in law had a 5 bypass heart operation including 1 valve replaced and the Aorta valve repaired

Dr Surin at Siphat Hosptal in Chiang Mai carried out the operation

Excellent  Doctor

Edited by HullyGully
changed word

If it is any comfort, I have an ascending thoracic aneurism found while looking for something else. Has not grow at all in ten years.

Doc tells me 1% chance of rupture in any given year. I had been getting a ct scan once a year but I have graduated to every 2 years.

None of us are getting out of this alive. I soldier on.