Teen in a Porsche loses it at a bend and drives into a tree at Muang Thong

webfact

He must have been moving I have owned a couple of Porsche so I know what they are capable of, I guess another problem in Thailand is with insurance companies who in their right mind would insure an 18 years old, I was in my 40's and could only get owner driver insurance for mine get caught drink driving insurance null and void

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Of course he is a spoiled brat.

But don't tell you wouldn't gave up your left nut for being and 18 year old driving around a 11 milion Baht car with girls!!!! ????????????

I had a red Porsche 911 Cabriolet for a weekend when I was 20.

Yes, it was fun to drive and it was fun to see the reaction of the people. I enjoyed it for a weekend.

But it was also one of those thing: been there, done that - it was good but not life changing. After that I never even dreamed about having such a car. But to be fair I would have had to work for it which is obviously very different from receiving a little car as a birthday present or something like that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Of course he is a spoiled brat.

But don't tell you wouldn't gave up your left nut for being and 18 year old driving around a 11 milion Baht car with girls!!!! ????????????

Me an my mate once tooled around the 610 loop in Houston in my T-bird with a couple of strippers.

It aint all that.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

He must have been moving I have owned a couple of Porsche so I know what they are capable of, I guess another problem in Thailand is with insurance companies who in their right mind would insure an 18 years old, I was in my 40's and could only get owner driver insurance for mine get caught drink driving insurance null and void

He wasn't 'moving' at all. The damage isn't bad as he didn't head-on the tree. Look at the picture and you can see the exit ramp and the end of the Armco barrier behind the wreck. He came around and down the exit ramp too fast, jammed the brakes, slid off the road at maybe around 40 kph, rapidly decelerating all the time and side-swiped the tree. No drama. There are dozens of these tight, spiraling ramps all over Bangkok so the kid (not man) claiming being 'unfamiliar' is a joke.

When you are an 18 year-old Thai in a red-plate, grey import Porsche in Thailand, do you really think they bother with insurance? He's probably already ordered the replacement.

39 minutes ago, 2long said:

'Teen in a Porsche' was all one needed to read!

And 'driven by an 18 year old man.' just doesn't make sense, because he is not, and never will be, a man if this is how his parents (or others) have raised him.

Any report on the condition of the tree?

Spot on with my thoughts.  18 yo boy and the tree is still looking good after hitting the Porsche.  Well done that tree possibly saved a life or 2 .

• Like 2