Teen in a Porsche loses it at a bend and drives into a tree at Muang Thong

webfact

Just now, Deli said:

Nothing but being daddy's best boy

I guess that soon enough he will be Daddy's dead boy and his parents will sit there wondering what went wrong. One hopes that when that almost inevitable day comes, he will only kill himself and not any other innocents that get caught up.  

I'd be surprised if Porsche actually marketed a car in such a butt ugly colour. It was probably resprayed in LOS as a grey import. In 1969 when I was 17 and the Vietnam War was raging, I traded in my first car, a 1956 (small rear window) VW for a one owner 1961 Porsche 356 coupe. James Dean had one, until he hit a tractor. Amazing what 4 cylinders and 1600cc could do and, in gunmetal silver it helped to pull girls, as I'm ugly. Mate lent me his Cooper 'S' when he went to Vietnam - loved driving it, but it was unreliable and leaked clutch fluid everywhere. My folks were poor, so I always bought 2nd/3rd/5th hand cars. This guy is lucky his folks are wealthy, but maybe he better get a few lessons. That flat six in the rear end set-up is very unforgiving for a novice. Perhaps that is why he was on his way to the go-cart track ? Sold the 356 to my dad, as I had fallen in love - with the Ford Falcon GTHO. I got a second-hand 1970 model - at the time the worlds' fastest four door production car. 160 mph. Amazingly, I survived with no accidents and only one speeding ticket. No trees either and I was just 20 years old. Petrol (or 'gas' for those US folks) was 20c a gallon, which was good as the tank took 36 imperial gallons ! About 9mpg when being gentle, but a lousy 4mpg when thumping it. Wish I'd kept it and, not sold it to marry the adulterous farang witch who was my first wife - those bloody cars are worth nearly a mil $ now, if you can even find one for sale. Come to think of it - both the VW and the 356 would bring big $ these days. My Thai missus says cars are just transport, nothing else. After seven years in Oz though, even she agrees that most Thais can't drive for ****. That prang in BKK was low speed, but a mate here nudged a high footpath with the front bumper on his new Boxster and the repair to the bumper was $5K - it is carbon fibre. No problem for Somchai tho' - mummy will get him another nicer, newer, faster car. Surely ?

6 hours ago, petedk said:

I guess I was lucky because I worked part time in an antique shop and my boss had a Lotus Europa, a jaguar e-type and a Bentley (something or other) and I did get chances to drive them all. I never got to try them at full speed though as I was too afraid. I didn't have the skills at that time. (I still don't)

I bought a 911S four years ago in the US, because I really love to drive and wanted something particularly special for retirement.   It literally took about two years to get used to this thing.   Happy to report that I have not yet wrapped it around a tree.  (Saw a 911S at Paragon....it was four times the US price.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Of course he is a spoiled brat.

But don't tell you wouldn't gave up your left nut for being and 18 year old driving around a 11 milion Baht car with girls!!!! ????????????

and my parents would have put a stop to it before it ever began.  

1 hour ago, Aussiepeter said:

I'd be surprised if Porsche actually marketed a car in such a butt ugly colour. It was probably resprayed in LOS as a grey import. In 1969 when I was 17 and the Vietnam War was raging, I traded in my first car, a 1956 (small rear window) VW for a one owner 1961 Porsche 356 coupe. James Dean had one, until he hit a tractor. Amazing what 4 cylinders and 1600cc could do and, in gunmetal silver it helped to pull girls, as I'm ugly. Mate lent me his Cooper 'S' when he went to Vietnam - loved driving it, but it was unreliable and leaked clutch fluid everywhere. My folks were poor, so I always bought 2nd/3rd/5th hand cars. This guy is lucky his folks are wealthy, but maybe he better get a few lessons. That flat six in the rear end set-up is very unforgiving for a novice. Perhaps that is why he was on his way to the go-cart track ? Sold the 356 to my dad, as I had fallen in love - with the Ford Falcon GTHO. I got a second-hand 1970 model - at the time the worlds' fastest four door production car. 160 mph. Amazingly, I survived with no accidents and only one speeding ticket. No trees either and I was just 20 years old. Petrol (or 'gas' for those US folks) was 20c a gallon, which was good as the tank took 36 imperial gallons ! About 9mpg when being gentle, but a lousy 4mpg when thumping it. Wish I'd kept it and, not sold it to marry the adulterous farang witch who was my first wife - those bloody cars are worth nearly a mil $ now, if you can even find one for sale. Come to think of it - both the VW and the 356 would bring big $ these days. My Thai missus says cars are just transport, nothing else. After seven years in Oz though, even she agrees that most Thais can't drive for ****. That prang in BKK was low speed, but a mate here nudged a high footpath with the front bumper on his new Boxster and the repair to the bumper was $5K - it is carbon fibre. No problem for Somchai tho' - mummy will get him another nicer, newer, faster car. Surely ?

It looks like Miami Blue - special option colour.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder what he does for a living that he can afford a 11 million Porsche at the age of 18...

He hit the retaining wall before knocking down the metal barrier then into the tree. Two cute girls riding with him. I guess daddy will be <deleted> going to fast in the curve