Airbnb registering guests

Chuchi

I own a condo in a development with a hotel license. In the near future I would like to rent it out through Airbnb. Do I have to register Short term staying guests with immigration, if so could somebody help me with the process.

Thanks

Chuchi

Yes, you do have to register all quests no matter the term with Immigration. Just go online and register your apartment address. It's quite easy. Then just go online to register your guests as they arrive. Easy.

You should be more worried about hotel licence for renting less than a 30 day term. Can't help there. We always take on min 30 day rent.

Edited by LivinginKata

Thanks for response,as far as I know it has a license as it’s been running on booking .com as a 4star hotel for the last couple of years taking daily bookings.Also I noticed some Chinese lady has about 5 rooms on Airbnb. I did email Phuket immigration volunteers who said you had to come in personally and register? I will try and set up online myself in the next couple of weeks. 

Edited by Chuchi

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, you do have to register all quests no matter the term with Immigration. Just go online and register your apartment address. It's quite easy. Then just go online to register your guests as they arrive. Easy.

You should be more worried about hotel licence for renting less than a 30 day term. Can't help there. We always take on min 30 day rent.

Does it have to be online via Phuket immigration or can it be registered at any other?

18 minutes ago, Chuchi said:

Thanks for response,as far as I know it has a license as it’s been running on booking .com as a 4star hotel for the last couple of years taking daily bookings.Also I noticed some Chinese lady has about 5 rooms on Airbnb. I did email Phuket immigration volunteers who said you had to come in personally and register? I will try and set up online myself in the next couple of weeks. 

Unlegal operations you describe are quite common so most likely there is no hotel licence.

Yes, you have to register every guest within 24 hrs after arrival, Or via the website after registration or in person at the immigration office.

And they are checking this more and more specially if the guest has a interaction with immigration.

On the other hand, I don't know how happy the other apartment owners are when people are renting out their apartment on Airbnb.

• Like 1