Money in bank method retirement extension. Possible to use 3 bank accounts

I normally use 2 accounts with same bank.

FD 600k+ and savings 200k+ for extension RE.

I withdrew (used) the 200k from savings.

I'm away from bkk on island. I'm able to use online banking and transfer funds from o/s but into another account in another bank.

If I do this it would mean presenting to CW with 3 bank statements and 3 letters.

The FD account covers me for never below 400k and then one account for the post 3 months and different account for the pre 2 months. How would IMM officer feel about this? 

It appears you will only be showing 2 accounts to prove the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. That should not be a problem.

You will only need a statement for the one to prove the 800k baht after your last extension.

• Thanks 1

Happened to me a month back all I had to do was to show two updated bank books along with two bank letters and all was okay it seems they are only interested in you having 800 k in Thailand regardless of how many Thai account you have as long as you have the required confirmation.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity,why not have 600k + 200k in the same bank as you obviously had earlier? It would make everything easier and you would only need one bank letter when applying for the extension instead of two. 

I had several accounts before and it was no problem - even with FCD accounts. But Jomtien told me that it would be much easier for them to have the 800.000 only on 1 account. I understand this and so I changed this accordingly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Max69xl said:

Just out of curiosity,why not have 600k + 200k in the same bank as you obviously had earlier? It would make everything easier and you would only need one bank letter when applying for the extension instead of two. 

I agree and in fact for future extensions I will put 800k into one FD account. 

The reason for putting 200 into savings account for emergency. Plan was to just put into draw and leave it.

Mid March came to Samed and as covid restrictions worsened just remained on island. Ran the 200 to zip.

I can only transfer money from Oz to another savings account. I'm not in bkk so cannot put money into the one I ran down.

I think I need 3 letters. Just not sure how unhappy io would be to look at 3 different bank books and statements and 3 letters.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, ubonjoe said:

It appears you will only be showing 2 accounts to prove the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months. That should not be a problem.

You will only need a statement for the one to prove the 800k baht after your last extension.

Not necessarily Joe. Again it depends on individual IO. I initially had my 800k in 2 accounts, untouched, but IO would not accept. IO was adamant that had to be one account only. His supervisor verified this.

1 minute ago, TigerandDog said:

Not necessarily Joe. Again it depends on individual IO. I initially had my 800k in 2 accounts, untouched, but IO would not accept. IO was adamant that had to be one account only. His supervisor verified this.

Which imm office? Last November I used two accounts with same bank. However I needed 2 bank letters. One for the FD a/c and another for savings a/c. Also deposit or withdrawal into both accounts to show activity. CW imm.