Jump to content

Business Visa for Exporting from Thailand


Recommended Posts

I've heard there is a 1 year multi-entry business visa for people/companies interested in exporting goods manufactured in Thailand.  My understanding is there is no work permit required.  I'm having a tough time finding more detailed information about this.  Are there any good resources I can look at, or are there any visa agencies or lawyers who do a lot of this sort of visa?

I own a company that currently manufactures with Chinese factories and exports to the US.  I'd be interested in doing the same from Thailand.  I might spend anywhere from 3-9 months of the year in Thailand if possible, depending on how many products we're ordering, etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is possible to get a multiple entry non-b visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. The application for one is normally only accepted at the Thai embassy where the company supporting the application is located.

Where would you be applying at?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Joe.  My company is American.  Do you know if the application can be done by mail?  I don't get back to the States much, and I'm especially not in a hurry to go there any time soon.

I currently have an Thai ED visa that expires in December.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Ubon Joe is stating you will be able to get a Non-B ME, but you will only be able to stay 90 days. After that you will need a Thai company as an associate or create a sub division company yourself like a small part of your company in Thailand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Like Ubon Joe is stating you will be able to get a Non-B ME, but you will only be able to stay 90 days. After that you will need a Thai company as an associate or create a sub division company yourself like a small part of your company in Thailand. 

Thanks Matzzon.  90 days would suffice.  Is there any requirement as to how long I'd need to stay out of Thailand between entries, or any rule of thumb?  Could I go to China for a couple weeks and come back, for example?  Would be great if I could come and go for up to 90 days at a time with no other limitations.

Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Like Ubon Joe is stating you will be able to get a Non-B ME, but you will only be able to stay 90 days. After that you will need a Thai company as an associate or create a sub division company yourself like a small part of your company in Thailand. 

Why? If has a Non-B ME he can do a boarder run and get another 90 days.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, twizzler3b said:

Thank you Joe.  My company is American.  Do you know if the application can be done by mail?  I don't get back to the States much, and I'm especially not in a hurry to go there any time soon.

You can do it by mail but only if you are in the states.

You can apply at the embassy in DC or one of the official Thai consulate in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.

The embassy has removed their visa requirements since they are only issuing visas for those applying for certificates of entry.

Info is here on the New York consulate website. https://www.thaicgny.com/ภาษาอ-งกฤษ-english-version/visa-service/doc-non-im-b/

It is the last one on the list and the only multiple entry non-b visa they will issue.

Was trying to post this last night but the forum crashed luckily it saved my post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, twizzler3b said:

Thanks Matzzon.  90 days would suffice.  Is there any requirement as to how long I'd need to stay out of Thailand between entries, or any rule of thumb?  Could I go to China for a couple weeks and come back, for example?  Would be great if I could come and go for up to 90 days at a time with no other limitations.

You only need to be out of the country long enough to turn around and come back if you wanted to.

The visa meant for those that come here for meetings and etc to conduct business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do it by mail but only if you are in the states.

You can apply at the embassy in DC or one of the official Thai consulate in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.

The embassy has removed their visa requirements since they are only issuing visas for those applying for certificates of entry.

Info is here on the New York consulate website. https://www.thaicgny.com/ภาษาอ-งกฤษ-english-version/visa-service/doc-non-im-b/

It is the last one on the list and the only multiple entry non-b visa they will issue.

Was trying to post this last night but the forum crashed luckily it saved my post.

Thanks again Joe, very helpful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need to be out of the country long enough to turn around and come back if you wanted to.

The visa meant for those that come here for meetings and etc to conduct business.

Sounds perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for asking this, but if my brother in law owns a company.  Would he be able to write a letter stating that i can go to Thailand for business?  He works in IT infrastructure and can probably state that will conduct business in Thailand (No logicial reason as of yet).  To apply for non imm b visa to get back into thailand. 

 

Sorry, as i am just finding an urgent way to get back.  Desperate times, desperate measures

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Sorry for asking this, but if my brother in law owns a company.  Would he be able to write a letter stating that i can go to Thailand for business?

I suggest you look at the link I posted that has the requirements to apply for a non-b visa for business purposes

It requires much more than a letter.

Even if you got the visa I doubt very much you would be able to meet the requirements to get a certificate of entry from a embassy. One of the key requirements is a work permit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 7/31/2020 at 7:35 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can do it by mail but only if you are in the states.

You can apply at the embassy in DC or one of the official Thai consulate in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.

The embassy has removed their visa requirements since they are only issuing visas for those applying for certificates of entry.

Info is here on the New York consulate website. https://www.thaicgny.com/ภาษาอ-งกฤษ-english-version/visa-service/doc-non-im-b/

It is the last one on the list and the only multiple entry non-b visa they will issue.

Was trying to post this last night but the forum crashed luckily it saved my post.

Hi Joe, thanks again for all the info.  I tried to visit the link you sent, but I got a message that the page is no longer there.  I wonder if there is somewhere else I could find info about the application.  I also wonder if during these unusual times I may be able to apply from within Thailand (again, my company is based in the USA).  

My other possible options are:
1 - doing another ED visa, which I think my teacher here in Phuket can arrange without me leaving the country, she's getting back to me about that.
2 - a "dependent visa", as my girlfriend is pregnant.  However, the baby is due in March 2021, and my current visa expires December 30, 2020.  So I'm not sure if that's an option before the baby arrives.  We don't plan to marry, so the marriage visa isn't in my plans.

Basically I'm just trying to figure out what makes sense for this coming year, to ride out all the covid weirdness and restricted travel. After that I'm thinking either the dependent visa and/or business visa should work.

Any thoughts guys?  Thanks a bunch, this thread has been really helpful.
-Dan

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, twizzler3b said:

Hi Joe, thanks again for all the info.  I tried to visit the link you sent, but I got a message that the page is no longer there.  I wonder if there is somewhere else I could find info about the application. 

They have changed the link since I post in July. Now here. https://www.thaicgny.com/english-version-for-visa-and-legalization-service/visa-service/non-immigrant-visa/

16 minutes ago, twizzler3b said:

I also wonder if during these unusual times I may be able to apply from within Thailand (again, my company is based in the USA).  

You would not be apply for it here in Thailand unless you are working for a registered company.

 

19 minutes ago, twizzler3b said:

- doing another ED visa, which I think my teacher here in Phuket can arrange without me leaving the country, she's getting back to me about that.
2 - a "dependent visa", as my girlfriend is pregnant.  However, the baby is due in March 2021, and my current visa expires December 30, 2020.  So I'm not sure if that's an option before the baby arrives.  We don't plan to marry, so the marriage visa isn't in my plans.

1. That might be possible.

2. Not possible until after the baby is born.

You can apply for 60 day extensions at immigration now. Two of those may allow you stay until March when the baby is born.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/28/2020 at 3:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

They have changed the link since I post in July. Now here. https://www.thaicgny.com/english-version-for-visa-and-legalization-service/visa-service/non-immigrant-visa/

You would not be apply for it here in Thailand unless you are working for a registered company.

 

1. That might be possible.

2. Not possible until after the baby is born.

You can apply for 60 day extensions at immigration now. Two of those may allow you stay until March when the baby is born.


Very helpful Joe, that idea hadn't occurred to me.  Thanks again for your time and all the info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...