Jump to content

What's up with Phuket hotel prices?!


Recommended Posts

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haven't you read aqbout the huge discounts the Thai government offers on hotel bookings?   This is the trick. Hotel puts prices up by 100%, then government offers 50% discount.   T

Thai business practice 101  less customers = higher prices.

Posted Images

Just now, JCP108 said:

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

How about a few photos?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How about a few photos?

Left the phone in the hotel when we went out for our long walk to survey the area...will take it in the morning and post some.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

During the day massage shops are open, and I'm in the shop as well sometimes.

 

Yes, that road is dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

During the day massage shops are open, and I'm in the shop as well sometimes.

 

Yes, that road is dead.

This is my wife's dream as she would ideally like to be on a deserted island with no other people. Me, on the other hand has historically come to Kata about 50% for the beautiful beach (with Thai food actually available) and the other 50% for the cute Russian girls in thongs on the beach. Oh well. At least one of us is happy. Now switching to the beer and pistachios diet for a few days until we return to BKK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

This is my wife's dream as she would ideally like to be on a deserted island with no other people. Me, on the other hand has historically come to Kata about 50% for the beautiful beach (with Thai food actually available) and the other 50% for the cute Russian girls in thongs on the beach. Oh well. At least one of us is happy. Now switching to the beer and pistachios diet for a few days until we return to BKK.

Buy your misses a thong, and you can both be happy.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

move to kamala, 80% of restaurants,shops, bars open..Great deals on the few hotels/resorts open

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stuarty said:

move to kamala as suggested or bangtao

other than a few 7/11's an massage places, nothing open in Bang Tao

90% of hotels/resorts closed

I drove thru last thursday

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah when i said Bangtao that's what I meant (Laguna), for a hotel tourist. A good range of restaurants, Villa, Central,  and the long beach

 

Edited by stuarty
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...