BANGKOK
JCP108

What's up with Phuket hotel prices?!

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

Just now, JCP108 said:

Update: Made it to Kata. Ibis was indeed open and received us with extra temp checks and hand sanitizer. Looking at the hotel from the outside at night, looks like there is one other room populated other than ours. 

If you want to see Kata Beach as it would be after the apocalypse, come now. Dead. Zero restaurants open. Zero. Only businesses all the way up and down the beach road open (at 8:00 p.m.) are 7-11 and Family Mart. 

How about a few photos?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How about a few photos?

Left the phone in the hotel when we went out for our long walk to survey the area...will take it in the morning and post some.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

During the day massage shops are open, and I'm in the shop as well sometimes.

Yes, that road is dead.

21 minutes ago, stevenl said:

During the day massage shops are open, and I'm in the shop as well sometimes.

Yes, that road is dead.

This is my wife's dream as she would ideally like to be on a deserted island with no other people. Me, on the other hand has historically come to Kata about 50% for the beautiful beach (with Thai food actually available) and the other 50% for the cute Russian girls in thongs on the beach. Oh well. At least one of us is happy. Now switching to the beer and pistachios diet for a few days until we return to BKK.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

This is my wife's dream as she would ideally like to be on a deserted island with no other people. Me, on the other hand has historically come to Kata about 50% for the beautiful beach (with Thai food actually available) and the other 50% for the cute Russian girls in thongs on the beach. Oh well. At least one of us is happy. Now switching to the beer and pistachios diet for a few days until we return to BKK.

Buy your misses a thong, and you can both be happy.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JCP108 said:

move to kamala, 80% of restaurants,shops, bars open..Great deals on the few hotels/resorts open

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taken at 17:00 today...

325BBA68-81C2-479E-BBDA-255AC6BA57A8.jpeg

167F6A58-ACD3-46B9-832B-E065DEECA178.jpeg

1708AD25-4BCD-4E63-95D5-779B012DBF2E.jpeg

051501EE-91D7-4E1B-B66A-B6AB0E9B4B1F.jpeg

move to kamala as suggested or bangtao

• Like 1

And while we are at it, put these cables underground <deleted>.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, stuarty said:

move to kamala as suggested or bangtao

other than a few 7/11's an massage places, nothing open in Bang Tao

90% of hotels/resorts closed

I drove thru last thursday

Yeah, but everything is open in Laguna town just a mile in from Bang Tao beach.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah when i said Bangtao that's what I meant (Laguna), for a hotel tourist. A good range of restaurants, Villa, Central,  and the long beach

Edited by stuarty
  • Like 1

Rawai is quite busy I drove along the sea front around 5pm Sunday lots of people about and the market along the main road was busy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Rawai is quite busy I drove along the sea front around 5pm Sunday lots of people about and the market along the main road was busy

Lot of expats in Rawai and not as touristy as say Kata/Karon.