BANGKOK
JCP108

What's up with Phuket hotel prices?!

On 8/9/2020 at 8:36 PM, LALes said:

Yeah, but everything is open in Laguna town just a mile in from Bang Tao beach.

He came for the beach. Why would anyone want to go swim and sunbathe at Bangtao beach? It's horrible and hands down the worst swimmable beach on the whole island. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hansgruber said:

He came for the beach. Why would anyone want to go swim and sunbathe at Bangtao beach? It's horrible and hands down the worst swimmable beach on the whole island. 

There's nothing horrible about Bangtao beach. I disagree, and I have swum  and sunbathed at Bangtao (middle section (i.e. Laguna) or Layan end) for decades. My kids grew up happily in that water over many years, and there is good shade, ample parking, and a range of reasonable bars etc in season. The worst swimmable beach honours must go to Mai Khao, which is my view often dangerous as it shelves away quickly, and is adjacent to several large family hotels and not much else.

Edited by stuarty

Nothing wrong with Bang Tao.  I body surfed there last month and it was fine.  Patong was always the worst beach on the island.  Polluted from too many tourists.  The Pattaya of Phuket beaches.  But even Patong is looking good now after a few months of no tourists.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LALes said:

Nothing wrong with Bang Tao.  I body surfed there last month and it was fine.  Patong was always the worst beach on the island.  Polluted from too many tourists.  The Pattaya of Phuket beaches.  But even Patong is looking good now after a few months of no tourists.

Indeed. All the beaches seem to be much more inviting these days.

Edited by ChasingTheSun