MEV requirements , wages proof

hi thai visa forum

first time poster here , but i have been reading the forum for the last few months , apologies if i get things wrong regarding visas .

i am planning to visit thailand in 2021 ( if the borders are open ) on a METV . i believe one of the requirements to show the london thai embassy is wages going into my bank account for the last 6 months .

i work from home trading sports betting markets ( gambling ) for myself . i do not have tax records as i am not required to pay tax on gambling winnings . nor do i have a company . so showing wages is a problem .

if i gave my friend money to put into my account every month from his business account , and get a letter from him to say that i work for him and i have a job in his company when i come back from thailand , will that be enough to show the embassy ?

if this would be a problem , what would be the best way to go about showing the embassy that i have an income .

i need to plan in advance as i believe they need 6 months of bank statements , so if the above is a way to show wages i can get the ball rolling .

thanks

Whatever course you take, don't spend to much creating your framework to comply with the METV, as it is time now, The details of visa requirements have become very unstable in the past couple of years. It will likely change on a whim.

I planned for years for the use of a non-O ME visa, after an event that enabled the time to use it, the following year they stopped issuing them in the UK!

• Like 1

You do not have to show a income. You can put 5,000 pounds in a bank and leave it for 6 months.

"Financial evidence e.g. original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print out with official stamp of the bank"

You also need to prove you are working or are self employed.

"A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)
        If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required."

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

Not sure how long you intend to stay in Thailand, but I did PM you some information on how to apply for the 1-year Non Imm O-A (long-stay) Visa.

You would need to show provide financial evidence showing monthly income of not less than 65,000 THB (approx. £1,625) or having the current balance of 800,000 THB (approx. £20,000), e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, for at least 1 month.

That Visa can provide you with almost 2 years of IO hassle-free stay in Thailand without the need of tying up money in a thai bank-account or having to make monthly income-transfers.

Since October 2019 applying for that Visa now requires an IO-approved health-insurance policy, making it more difficult to apply for that Golden Visa.  However, if you know how, it is relatively easy to meet that mandatory health-insurance requirement.

>> To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged-in to the Forum.

thank you ubonjoe and peter for the reply and the PM

i am under 50 years old peter , so i don't think i can apply for that

You also need to prove you are working or are self employed.

"A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)
        If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required."

this is the problem i have , how do i prove i am working ?

i am self employed but i do not have a company , and i do not have tax statements . i can show £5,000 for the last six months .

would i be able to get a MEV on savings alone ?

what would be the best course of action in these circumstances ?

• Like 1

As you're self-employed, do you do any kind of accounting? Or do you have a business bank account with statements to show?

If you have a high amount of savings (much higher than the minimum requirement), you might also be able to convince them that you're having a sabbatical living off your savings. No idea if that would fly with London in particular, but other Thai embassies have been reported to accept just savings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i don't have any accounting caldera . i trade betfair markets, bet on horses for a living. there is no requirement in the UK to show betting accounts .

i could show more savings than the £5,000 required , but if i do and they still say no , i will be 6 months behind .

thank you all for the replies, i may have to start a new job with my friend ????

Great question.  I am considering starting to do 50/50 split of my time US/LOS and giving up my retirement extensions.. would like to repatriate my 800k at 30, too.  Any clues on METV in LA or Kalorama?  Got a good brokerage account, but if I actually had a job, I probably wouldn't after telling them I was going to LOS for six months.

6 hours ago, moontang said:

Great question.  I am considering starting to do 50/50 split of my time US/LOS and giving up my retirement extensions.. would like to repatriate my 800k at 30, too.  Any clues on METV in LA or Kalorama?  Got a good brokerage account, but if I actually had a job, I probably wouldn't after telling them I was going to LOS for six months.

They will issue them if you can prove you are retired. 

why dont you just make a 2 months visa, extend in thailand, you can do 2 land crossings per year and get 1 more month + can extend 1 month. 

You can also make 1 visa in a embassy around thailand and get another 2 months + 1. 

Basically its a little bit more hassle , but really not that much. 

Im in the same position as you , but luckily for austrians they just want to see cash in the bank, so i get the metv 

16 minutes ago, Austrian26 said:

why dont you just make a 2 months visa, extend in thailand, you can do 2 land crossings per year and get 1 more month + can extend 1 month. 

You can also make 1 visa in a embassy around thailand and get another 2 months + 1. 

Im in the same position as you , but luckily for austrians they just want to see cash in the bank, so i get the metv 

The return ticket thing..for one.  

On 8/1/2020 at 7:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

They will issue them if you can prove you are retired. 

But that creates the same problem that was never resolved for those getting a O for retirement in Savanaket, where they also specify some type of letter of retirement.  What about the half, or so, of folks old enough for the visa, but years away from drawing a government or company pension?

Edited by moontang

3 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

so is it possible that i could i book a holiday to thailand for 4 weeks, after a week in thailand apply to extend the visa for another 2 months just by showing enough money in the bank ?

what do they need to see to extend a visa whilst already in the country

4 hours ago, steve3245 said:

so is it possible that i could i book a holiday to thailand for 4 weeks, after a week in thailand apply to extend the visa for another 2 months just by showing enough money in the bank ?

what do they need to see to extend a visa whilst already in the country

you could just fly into thailand with no visa and get 4 weeks on arrival + 4 weeks at immigration (it usually takes a 2-3 hours to do it and other than passport+ copy, photo and visa copy you shouldnt need anything. 

with a 2 month visa made in home country it would be 2 months + 1 month extension (1900 baht) 

once these 2 or 3 months are over you can always leave the country , come back and do another 1 month + 1 month or make a visa in another country for 2 months + 1 month extension again. 

The best thing is to do the visa at home, then you have 3 months with not a lot of hassle. 

14 hours ago, moontang said:

It's a shame they eliminated the double entry TVs..from DC anyways.  I think some from Oz used to get triples.

Had a tri[ple from the UK some years ago, only difference at the Honorary Consulate to a single was the price really. It's replacement, The Multiple Tourist Visa, is just too difficult.

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Had a tri[ple from the UK some years ago, only difference at the Honorary Consulate to a single was the price really. It's replacement, The Multiple Tourist Visa, is just too difficult.

In several EU countries the MultipleEntry Tourist Visa is quite easy to get.

Basically the only difference between the SETV and the METV being the financial requirement.

> E.g. from thai Embassy Brussels website -

Copy of 6-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 600 Euros (Single Entry Tourist Visa) or 6,000 Euros (for the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

In several EU countries the MultipleEntry Tourist Visa is quite easy to get.

Basically the only difference between the SETV and the METV being the financial requirement.

> E.g. from thai Embassy Brussels website -

Copy of 6-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 600 Euros (Single Entry Tourist Visa) or 6,000 Euros (for the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)

No letter from employer ?

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

No letter from employer ?

Not needed to apply for the METV in several EU countries (e.g. Belgium - had 3 METVs before switching to a Non Imm O-A Visa, and no need for an employer letter for the METV).

I checked the thai Embassy Brussels website > still not needed.

• Thanks 2

thank you austrian , jacko , peter , and anyone else who replied .

i think when i am eventually allowed to enter thailand, whenever that may be , i will go down the METV route. i can get a letter from a friends company and i can show savings . at the moment i can't show wages going into my account, but from what i read on the hull embassy in the UK they haven't said that it is needed

thanks again

Edited by steve3245