BANGKOK
steve3245

MEV requirements , wages proof

Posted (edited)

It's a shame they eliminated the double entry TVs..from DC anyways.  I think some from Oz used to get triples.

Edited by moontang

3 hours ago, Austrian26 said:

why dont you just make a 2 months visa, extend in thailand, you can do 2 land crossings per year and get 1 more month + can extend 1 month. 

You can also make 1 visa in a embassy around thailand and get another 2 months + 1. 

Basically its a little bit more hassle , but really not that much. 

Im in the same position as you , but luckily for austrians they just want to see cash in the bank, so i get the metv 

so is it possible that i could i book a holiday to thailand for 4 weeks, after a week in thailand apply to extend the visa for another 2 months just by showing enough money in the bank ?

what do they need to see to extend a visa whilst already in the country

4 hours ago, steve3245 said:

so is it possible that i could i book a holiday to thailand for 4 weeks, after a week in thailand apply to extend the visa for another 2 months just by showing enough money in the bank ?

what do they need to see to extend a visa whilst already in the country

you could just fly into thailand with no visa and get 4 weeks on arrival + 4 weeks at immigration (it usually takes a 2-3 hours to do it and other than passport+ copy, photo and visa copy you shouldnt need anything. 

with a 2 month visa made in home country it would be 2 months + 1 month extension (1900 baht) 

once these 2 or 3 months are over you can always leave the country , come back and do another 1 month + 1 month or make a visa in another country for 2 months + 1 month extension again. 

The best thing is to do the visa at home, then you have 3 months with not a lot of hassle. 

14 hours ago, moontang said:

It's a shame they eliminated the double entry TVs..from DC anyways.  I think some from Oz used to get triples.

Had a tri[ple from the UK some years ago, only difference at the Honorary Consulate to a single was the price really. It's replacement, The Multiple Tourist Visa, is just too difficult.

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Had a tri[ple from the UK some years ago, only difference at the Honorary Consulate to a single was the price really. It's replacement, The Multiple Tourist Visa, is just too difficult.

In several EU countries the MultipleEntry Tourist Visa is quite easy to get.

Basically the only difference between the SETV and the METV being the financial requirement.

> E.g. from thai Embassy Brussels website -

Copy of 6-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 600 Euros (Single Entry Tourist Visa) or 6,000 Euros (for the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

In several EU countries the MultipleEntry Tourist Visa is quite easy to get.

Basically the only difference between the SETV and the METV being the financial requirement.

> E.g. from thai Embassy Brussels website -

Copy of 6-month bank statement with a minimum balance of 600 Euros (Single Entry Tourist Visa) or 6,000 Euros (for the Multiple Entry Tourist Visa)

No letter from employer ?

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

No letter from employer ?

Not needed to apply for the METV in several EU countries (e.g. Belgium - had 3 METVs before switching to a Non Imm O-A Visa, and no need for an employer letter for the METV).

I checked the thai Embassy Brussels website > still not needed.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

thank you austrian , jacko , peter , and anyone else who replied .

i think when i am eventually allowed to enter thailand, whenever that may be , i will go down the METV route. i can get a letter from a friends company and i can show savings . at the moment i can't show wages going into my account, but from what i read on the hull embassy in the UK they haven't said that it is needed

thanks again

Edited by steve3245