Trump raises possibility of delaying November U.S. presidential election

snoop1130

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure he is. He's so enjoyed being harrased daily by most of the so called journalists in the country, being mocked by other country's leaders, and his family being attacked over everything, that he's desperate for another 4 years of it.

He appears not to relish the prospect of it coming to an end.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Susco said:

I believe you, but I also know already who will instigate the majority of those lawsuits and for which reason.

Ah, the potential for grand irony as the Speaker of the US House of Representatives is taped to hold the office in this scenario ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Damual Travesty said:

The President of the United States is neither a psycho or a crook, but thank you for you insight and thoughtful commentary.

With regards to both, how do you know he isn't?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure he is. He's so enjoyed being harrased daily by most of the so called journalists in the country, being mocked by other country's leaders, and his family being attacked over everything, that he's desperate for another 4 years of it.

This is peanuts compared to the privileges attached to the position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yes, of course, Trump supporters always engage in a polite and respectful manner. As does Trump himself. Got to be quite out there to try and float that one.

As for the bad language etc., it's funny how you repeatedly fail to acknowledge any connection between Trump's rhetorical style and the obvious effects on political discourse. But then again, Trump supporters seem to have issues with anything to do with Trump and accountability.

Would you say that Trump is fully to blame for your bad language or just partially to blame ?

• Like 1

A troll post citing a mysterious medical condition that is not recognized by the medical profession or on this board, has been removed also replies.

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And yet the greatest impropriety, which you seem to support, would be to not have the election.

Why are you making things up, I never said that (not have) ! 

Stop trolling and baiting !

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, riclag said:

Brilliant !

Delay the election ! Keeping things the same(voting) is so important,so much more than ever!

America is under attack by the far left radicals . My country can't risk any  improprieties in a general election

You didn't seem to have that many issues when "improprieties" were associated with Russia, Trump or voter suppression.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

What "bad language" did you detect in my post(s)?

I thought that was what we were talking about , but I just looked back through the thread and the subject was bad language in general and NOT bad language from yourself , so, apologies and question retracted 

• Thanks 2

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet but per the article:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday raised the possibility of delaying the nation’s November presidential election despite its date being enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.

This is false.  Congress sets the date of the election via federal law 3 U.S. Code § 1.  It's short and sweet.  Can't be more succinct.

Cornell Law School - 3 U.S. Code § 1.Time of appointing electors

The electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 644, 62 Stat. 672.)

Cornell Law 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

You didn't seem to have that many issues when "improprieties" were associated with Russia, Trump or voter suppression.

I have know idea why your mentioning russia ,it has nothing to do with this topic!

Keep my country's election the same as in the past.period!     

• Confused 2