Trump raises possibility of delaying November U.S. presidential election

snoop1130

13 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

wow,

at least the current POTUS has some entertainment value

and he certainly keeps people alive and discussing a lot

couple of things I don't understand here;

it has been said that the DEMs did not and do not accept the election results from when Trump was elected

I frankly don't understand what "not accepting" means

The DEMs are there, all over US and all over the Hill

They are lawmakers and decision makers on the Hill

What does not accepting mean?

same same;

there have been some speculation re Trump not accepting an election result failing to  keep him in  office

What does that mean? not accepting that some other guy wins the election?

Refusing to take his clubs and leave White House after whichever entity has installed the president elect as POTUS

come end of january

Apparently, from the posts they write, some actually think Trump is going to barricade himself into the White House and try to run the country from there, when it's obvious that he can't. Even if he was able to successfully barricade himself in the W H, he would just be ignored as he would no longer any have legal authority.

However, when even H Clinton comes out and publicly supports the idea that he might refuse to leave one knows that it's just another nothing burger to abuse him with.

16 hours ago, Morch said:

Left, in TrumpSpeak, means "anyone not supporting Trump".

No, left is people that keep coming up with nothing burgers to attack him with, because they can't accept he won and wait till the election to try and replace him with someone more to their liking, ie those that can't accept the democratic process.

• Like 1

There's no chance the election is going to be stopped. He's just trying to find a reason so that those absentee voters can't vote from home and have to go out and vote. I think that's his main intention. Maybe he thinks they won't go out to vote. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try looking at the Dem presidential candidates if you want to understand why he has millions and millions of supporters.

I seem to remember a fair bit of opposition to that red head PM you had a while back- I believe she was the reason Labour lost the election. Same sort of thing with Trump, with the Dem candidates being the red head.

4 more years thanks to Biden.

Yea that Biden is terrible all that experience yea terrible #2guy that rescued us during the Great Recession oh the horrors trying to unify us oh nooooo all joking aside trumps not cutting it he has to go and TEAM Biden will do much to unify us and make us strong again our friends will rejoice when he wins and our enemies will know they have lost the best asset they ever had in the person of Donald John trump 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

<snip>

The only thing that will turn people off him is his shambolic handling of the virus. 

No, many more reasons turn people off him.

Also, how much do the white suburbs really like his Portland intervention? Piece from the guardian, https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/31/trump-portland-antifa-voters-miscalculated

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump should consider himself fortunate.  Having Joe Biden as the presidential alternative will give him the best shot at being re-elected.  Biden comes across to me as a weaker candidate based on his electoral statements so far, but luckily Trump is helping Biden's campaign by consistently digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole that should see him out of office in November. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

He's an utter idiot, but to say he is humiliated is a bit far. He has become the president of the worlds biggest power - quite an achievement.

Furthermore let's not pretend it's a foregone conclusion. Trump will come out with some racist xenophobic nonsense soon enough to shore up his base.

Biden looks frail and is hardly galvinating the nation. It will come down to a few states once again, and as you know inbuilt racism can lead people to do silly things. The black lives protests has probably helped Trump. To the vast majority of voters, middle class white people, they will secretly not enjoy the violence and threat of order. They may go vote for him. 

The only thing that will turn people off him is his shambolic handling of the virus. 

I predict a landside of 7-10 million votes. Trump is history. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I predict a landside of 7-10 million votes. Trump is history. 

Whilst I may sympathise with your desire, wait until the last vote is counted (and then some more while the inevitable "collegiate shenanigans" plays out). Perhaps even until a slew of ever more desperate lawsuits are concluded. And no matter what happens, don't expect him to be standing, wrapped up against the January chill of Washington DC to congratulate his opponent early next year! He will probably be sitting in the Oval Office, a chair jammed  under the door handle, tweeting ever more bitter and incoherent comments! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Apparently, from the posts they write, some actually think Trump is going to barricade himself into the White House and try to run the country from there, when it's obvious that he can't. Even if he was able to successfully barricade himself in the W H, he would just be ignored as he would no longer any have legal authority.

However, when even H Clinton comes out and publicly supports the idea that he might refuse to leave one knows that it's just another nothing burger to abuse him with.

ABUSE !!!! That is a bit crazy

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

It doesn't matter.  The US Constitution limits a Presidential term to four years, so if he and Pence are not re-elected both are out of office at noon on January 20, 2021.  The Speaker of the House of Representatives, currently Nancy Pelosi, will become President then if there is no election.

ta

sounds a bit odd to me, (like many other aspects of  US elections), but OK

should it happen; at least; Pelosi matches well, both the outgoing and the incoming team, in age you guys have a hang on being guided by geriatrics.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

ta

sounds a bit odd to me, (like many other aspects of  US elections), but OK

should it happen; at least; Pelosi matches well, both the outgoing and the incoming team, in age you guys have a hang on being guided by geriatrics

who cares how old somebody is if they are capable of guiding the country. We must be doing something right because everybody else cares so much about what we do

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Wow, the Trump supporters are out in force on this one today.

So correct me if I'm wrong but most of the Trump loyalists argument when asked why Trump is suggesting delaying the election is he's some master, media manipulator who doesn't really mean what he says but is just doing it to rile up those pesky liberals and get under the skin of Dem party? Correct?

Now where have I heard that before?

Oh yes, I remember now; it's every time Trump has spouted some nonsense, idiocy and hateful utterance that a sane person would regard as crazy coming from anybody but what is absolutely terrifying when coming from the leader of the free world.

The mental agilty required to keep defending Trump is truly something to behold and I applaud you all for your ability to bury your head so far into the sand you must be seeing Australia by now.   

The acts of true devotees. And the practice of absolute fealty. 

There is not valid reason why there needs to be vote-by-mail.  One thing you can be certain about is that if the Dems are pushing it then they've already calculated the advantage for themselves.  Some here think they're doing it for "the people."  LOL  How naive can one be?  As evidenced here . . . plenty.

Check out the video of their test and come back here and tell us that there's no problem.  LOL

CBS News - Vote-by-mail experiment reveals potential problems within postal voting system ahead of November election

I think Trump brought the question up because he knew that all h3ll would break loose and the libs would be screaming bloody murder, coming up with all the reasons why it can't be done.  Come November he'll be using that when the Dems try to delay the vote count by weeks or months.

BTW, does anyone know what happens if there's a huge delay?  Congress would choose an interim president.  You don't think the Dems are aware of the rules?  But don't you worry, the Dems are doing this for "the people."  My a$$.

• Haha 1