buying a thai model iphone on Lazada

webber4

Hi,

I'm interested in buying an iphone 8 or se20 and it looks like both offered by the apple shop on lazada are Thai models. Do you know by any chance if that means they will work only in Thailand and in thai language? or will it work globally as well and in english (i guess that can be changed in the settings)

I tried to ask the apple shop in the chat but they say they offer only thai language service at the moment.

thank you.

No problem to change the phone language to English.

There are various frequency bands, and the phones don't support all of them (same situation if you buy it in another country, but maybe in another country it supports a different set of frequencies)

For example for use in Germany it would be important to have LTE band 20, in other countries maybe another band is more important.

Here you can see which frequency bands are supported, and also a list of providers with which they are known to work: https://www.apple.com/th/iphone/LTE/

Edited by jackdd

12 hours ago, webber4 said:

Thank you! very useful information.  Looks like it should be fine from looking at this list so I might order a phone from lazada soon.

The only sensible prices to buy an iPhone are Apple, Apple approved retailers, and the phone companies. There’s no guarantee that a Lazada seller has the genuine product, if it’s cheap it probably has a problem. The iPhone SE 2020 is a much better phone than the iPhone 8 as the SE is using current tech the 8 is using older tech.

SWMBO is using an iPhone 11 Pro I have the SE 2020 

Edited by sometimewoodworker