Postage times to USA?

Batty

I have some recent experiences. I sent a package to the US via EMS which was delivered just today coincidentally. The post office estimated it would take 5 days. But it had taken a full 6 weeks. The other direction (US to Thailand) by USPS I also did recently and it took one week only.

I sent a letter from Bangkok (10110) to Boston, MA via EMS World (Document) at 880 THB on July 21, 2020. 

USPS Tracking (you can sign up for text/email notifications) shows delivery on July 30, 2020.

Once an item leaves Suvarnabhumi (Thai Post EMS Track & Trace)

SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE 

it took ~ 6 days to show up in New York, via the USPS Tracking Tool https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

AFAIK, there is no 37 baht airmail to the U.S. yet, according to the most recent Thai Post update.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I sent a letter from Bangkok (10110) to Boston, MA via EMS World (Document) at 880 THB on July 21, 2020. 

USPS Tracking (you can sign up for text/email notifications) shows delivery on July 30, 2020.

Once an item leaves Suvarnabhumi (Thai Post EMS Track & Trace)

SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE 

it took ~ 6 days to show up in New York, via the USPS Tracking Tool https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

AFAIK, there is no 37 baht airmail to the U.S. yet, according to the most recent Thai Post update.

Thanks for that.  Pretty quick actualy.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

All Thai Post services, all to Boston metro area...

EMS World 10 days

Courier Post (in partnership with DHL) 4 days

EMS Int'l Air 14 days

These were all letter format, 40 grams or less.

Thanks for that.  Now all we need is a 2-for-1 discount  coupon for the $50 Notary fee at US CM Consulate.