Demonstrators try to ‘scrub away’ govt’s double standards

webfact

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:
22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They can demand all they want. It  won't make any difference. HK activists demanded too and look where that got them. It's like a mouse trying to fight a tiger.

It will make a huge difference, Thailand or should I say T.A.T is trying to build up a future tourism business on the back of Covid 19, the last thing they want are street protests and marches making things look sketchy.

Also investors will sit back and wait to see if the political situation looks stable or not.

Prayut & Co don't know how to deal with students, they won't hold any dialogue as that's futile, they can't get heavy handed as that will invoke riots and bad publicity.

Street protests will make absolutely no difference, as happened whenever they have been staged in the past. Even burning down shopping malls and other buildings didn't stop tourists returning within weeks. Even occupying and closing down the airport didn't stop tourists returning within weeks. Those protests also didn't prevent Thailand developing one of the strongest performing currencies in the region. Riots and bad publicity will do nothing to cause any lasting damage to the tourist or other industries.

Not that there are any tourists anyway, and there won't be until foreigners get back on their financial feet and feel able to travel again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I hope I am wrong, however the army and the cops could be ordered to break up any future large protests.  If that happens it will polarise the Thai people into two camps.  The larger will be against this pseudo government.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

It will make a huge difference, Thailand or should I say T.A.T is trying to build up a future tourism business on the back of Covid 19, the last thing they want are street protests and marches making things look sketchy.

Also investors will sit back and wait to see if the political situation looks stable or not.

Prayut & Co don't know how to deal with students, they won't hold any dialogue as that's futile, they can't get heavy handed as that will invoke riots and bad publicity.

Im curious, are the majority of PM Prayut's cabinet all former Thai military? Because that says a lot! Kind of a sticky wicket hey what!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Im curious, are the majority of PM Prayut's cabinet all former Thai military? Because that says a lot! Kind of a sticky wicket hey what!

I'm not saying going up against Prayut is easy or even a good idea if you value your safety.. but these students have a lifetime ahead of them and demand a future... as it stands they finish education and join the treadmill which at the moment appears to be going in reverse.

• Thanks 1

When the rule of law is flaunted by the ruling classes people start taking the law into their own hands. The ruling class are not doing themselves any favours with this, it means that if a wealthy person causes harm they may now be subjected to mob rule outside the justice system  because no one trusts the system to do it's job where wealthy people are concerned.

Edited by RobU
clarification
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They can demand all they want. It  won't make any difference. HK activists demanded too and look where that got them. It's like a mouse trying to fight a tiger.

Surely millions of mice could kill a tiger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

They had credibility initially, but are taking the Michael. All these points are carefully displayed, but politely mean, please FO... krap. Really admire them getting out there.

No they did not. They had no damn credibility whatsoever. The antifascists among us warned you junta fans this would happen from the beginning. You cursed us, you abused us, now look at what you have.

Don't you dare start reinventing yourselves now, not without an apology. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read the cocaine in his blood was because of a dental procedure earlier in the the day.????????????????????????????????????????????????????????and he was stressed after hitting the policeman killing him, drags him 150m down the road, drives off, claims his aide was driving, then that falls on its face.. then he drank beers..???????????????? = his high alcohol blood content.. the entire systems a farce

Cocaine trafficker serves jail sentence in Australia says it was flour gets high govt position.. another with collection of expensive high end "borrowed" watches... i can hear the benny hill theme song again...

• Thanks 1