'This island will be in trouble': Tourism workers brace for £37bn blow to Thailand's travel economy

webfact

1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

There is not much you can do if you arrive by boat with your family and can choose between paying 200 Baht or going back with the same boat.

If that were to the case, then my wife would be yelling obscenities in Thai, and we would be returning on the same boat, trust me !

I would go on to make sure to do what I could to get this out and about whether it be via a Youtube channel, media, disgruntled farang etc etc over 10 x pricing, as we know it's not the money but the principal and if others are willing to pay it because "they can afford it", then the Thai's will continue to laugh at us. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

7,800,000,000 people in the world, 670,000 ish have died from covid - so, 99.9992% are now living with 20-30% of total economic destruction of the planet for 0.0008 of the world population that died, whilst growing the earth population 40,000,000 more than covid deaths at the same time. Let that sink in !

Just get on with life, this is complete bull toilet now.

Open the planet, wear a mask and get on with it. 

I would think that just avoiding people who are coughing and sneezing would be the easiest and most sensible practice ???? that and staying off Thai roads !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If they market the state quarantine as “going on retreat” and throw in some token buddhist stuff they could

probably raise the prices and make it all look quite appealing. Being stuck in quarantine sucks, but going on retreat makes your spirit grow. Or your ass. I’m not sure. 

Edited by androokery
  • Haha 2

Put a nightclub with bargirls (and/or ladyboys) completely masked, of course, into each of these government-approved quarantine hotels.  You’ll witness a huge spike in tourism.

Edited by Isaan sailor

On 7/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, phantomfiddler said:

I would think that just avoiding people who are coughing and sneezing would be the easiest and most sensible practice ???? that and staying off Thai roads !

If you can go into my kitchen when about once a month my wife decides to start mustard gas production, sorry, cook some strange Thai dish I doubt you would manage to stop sneezing and coughing. ????????

On 7/31/2020 at 1:37 PM, anchadian said:

From that photo, the beach and sea look absolutely filthy.

Disagree. Some of the clearest seas/beaches I have ever seen in Thailand were on Samet, albeit nearly 3 decades ago. What they are like now, I have no idea.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, RichardColeman said:

7,800,000,000 people in the world, 670,000 ish have died from covid - so, 99.9992% are now living with 20-30% of total economic destruction of the planet for 0.0008 of the world population that died, whilst growing the earth population 40,000,000 more than covid deaths at the same time. Let that sink in !

Just get on with life, this is complete bull toilet now.

Open the planet, wear a mask and get on with it. 

on top of that, its advanced age retirees that make up for almost all covid deaths.

this age group isnt going to beach/bar/resturants/work/school/riots,

they just keep on waiting for death in their death bed

Edited by scammed
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, scammed said:

on top of that, its advanced age retirees that make up for almost all covid deaths.

this age group isnt going to beach/bar/resturants/work/school/riots,

they just keep on waiting for death in their death bed

Well you're obviously not anywhere near 70 with a monthly reasonable disposable income ( no rent or mortgage ) doing a bit of travelling, eating out at nice places etc.

Obviously a fan of Logan's Run.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Well you're obviously not anywhere near 70 with a monthly reasonable disposable income ( no rent or mortgage ) doing a bit of travelling, eating out at nice places etc.

Obviously a fan of Logan's Run.

the 65-69 age group isnt the advanced age retirees i refer to,

in fact that group is hardly represented at all, 

its an exponential curve so it doesnt really pick up speed until age 75.

the reason the curve drops off at age 90 is cause there is barely anyone left to die

covid-19 death by age.jpg

Edited by scammed