Red Bull "Boss" case: Key witness is killed - motorcyclist says he didn't know him and wasn't acting on orders

webfact

Red Bull "Boss" case: Key witness is killed - motorcyclist says he didn't know him and wasn't acting on orders

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A key witness in the case of Red Bull heir Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya has died in an apparent road traffic accident while riding a motorcycle.

A drunk man on another bike has told the Chiang Mai police that he didn't know him and wasn't acting at the behest of another person. 

It was just an accident, he said. 

Jaruchart Matthong died in hospital after the collision at the Fa Thani intersection on Sirimangkhlajan Road on Wednesday night. 

Yesterday Chiang Mai provincial police chief Pol Maj-Gen Phichet Jiranantasin and the Phuping police interrogated Somchai Tawino, 50, for three hours. 

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He said he is an employee of the Doi Kham royal project.

After getting his monthly salary he went to a market and got drunk. He then went off in search of a woman.

While he was riding his motorcycle the other rider came up behind and in an attempt to overtake him and there was a collision that propelled him into the central median. He suffered facial and body injuries.

The other rider hit his head on the footpath and Somchai understood that later he died. He denied knowing him, said he had never met him and said that he was not acting under anyone's orders. 

Chief Phichet told the press that CCTV before and after the incident showed it was nothing more than an accident though who was to blame is subject to investigation and charges of negligent driving causing death may follow. 

He promised a detailed investigation. Whether it was significant (in the Red Bull case) would be investigated by looking into Somchai's background. 

The chief would not be drawn on whether  the dead man was really a witness in the Red Bull case - that would need to be looked into. He might just have the same name. 

But he said an autopsy would be carried out on Jaruchart and that initial observations indicated that his death was consistent with a road traffic accident and the evidence given by Somchai.

The chief asked for time to investigate before further details are given to the public. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-31

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said he is an employee of the Doi Kham royal project.

After getting his monthly salary he went to a market and got drunk. He then went off in search of a woman.

While he was riding his motorcycle the other rider came up behind and in an attempt to overtake him and there was a collision that propelled him into the central median. He suffered facial and body injuries.

The other rider hit his head on the footpath and Somchai understood that later he died. He denied knowing him, said he had never met him and said that he was not acting under anyone's orders. 

So let me get this straight, this guy is the lead rider on the road of the two bikes that were involved in the accident, i.e. after this guy got, he got on his bike and went off in search for a woman, on his bike intoxicated, he doesn't know the guy from the Red Bull case, and all of a sudden from out of nowhere the witness for Red bull comes up from behind him and collides with his bike.

I stated in post #140 that there were two passengers, not two bikes, ok, my bad, that said, can someone explain to me what the flash at 13 seconds into the video is, have a look, there is a bike heading in the opposite direction, it is also the lead bike, a car is behind it in the right lane, a flash goes off from that bike at 13 seconds, and again, no, it isn't the car's lights as you can see they are firmly facing the ground, 3 seconds later both of these bikes collide.

No doubt the autopsy will quash my theory that the 2nd bike rider, i.e. the witness in the Red Bull case wasn't shot, but he did from hitting the bike in front of him from behind, this story sure is colourful. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

A drunk man on another bike has told the Chiang Mai police that he didn't know him and wasn't acting at the behest of another person. 

That's what I'd say as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shuya said:

What a coincidence... I mean, what are the odds? He could have stumbeled into a concrete barrel and fallen into the mekong, slipped on the balcony, shot himself in the back, but not, he had a traffic accident. 

With a key witness ... LOL

This is getting farcical.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

And you thought it could not get worse

What about the Air Vice Marshal he must be wondering what's in store for him 

Unopened parachute from a great height. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Somchai understood that later he died. He denied knowing him, said he had never met him and said that he was not acting under anyone's orders. 

By Saying this He's already admitting that Something Is Very Wrong.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Actually saw the entire unedited video on television tonight, not the edited version that was posted on TV.  k Somchai was the rider that caused the collision. He collided with the back wheel of k Jaruchart's bike and it was his motor bike that hit the median strip and flipped over, not k Somchai's.  However, the police are interested in the white sedan caught on CCTV that had been following k Somchai. Most definitely just an accident based on the unedited footage, BUT k Somchai didn't hit the ground hard enough ( he was only riding slowly - probably the usual 40km / hr or slower when hit ) so it's hard to believe that he would have hit his head hard enough to kill him at that speed. Although neither rider was wearing a helmet. Also I can't see how his head is supposed to have hit the gutter, he was nowhere near it. So it's time for the conspiracy theorists to continue with their usual inaccurate bs.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

That's the start of sooooo many stories.

The real irony is that this guy will get locked up...

Edited by impulse