Siberian Husky makes it home!  Tourists stole it and exchanged it for dinner!

webfact

Siberian Husky makes it home!  Tourists stole it and exchanged it for dinner!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An extraordinary story of a dog stolen by a group of young Thai tourists and then used in exchange for dinner has been investigated by Thai media Sanook.

It involves a six month old female Siberian Husky that went missing from near a timber yard. 

The owner is related to the acting governor of Phetchabun province. 

Chatchanee Khongmuang, the owner of the timber yard, had gone on Facebook to report her dog missing and offer a 5,000 baht reward. Two days later she posted again to say that her dog was back - she praised the people of Phetchabun. 

Sanook went to meet her. 

Chatchanee, 38, said that she has two Siberian Huskies called Kluay Cheuam (bananas in syrup) and Kluay Chaap (dried banana chips). 

Her beloved pets had been running around outside but Kluay Cheuam disappeared. CCTV in the area was inconclusive so she went on Facebook to make an appeal and contacted her uncle who is in the interior ministry and is the acting governor of the province. She also went to the police.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTY0My84MjE5MTk0L2ltYWdlNSgxKS5qcGc=.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Two days later she said that a group of young people had stolen her dog but she had now been reunited with her. She said that if the thief or thieves turn themselves in she would forgive them.

If not and they are caught she may not. 

Sanook went to the "Khun Kung" restaurant 100 kilometers away from the timber yard where they spoke to Phaiboon the husband of the restaurant owner.

He said that on the evening of 27th July six or seven young people arrived in a black Vigo pick-up. He thought they were tourists from Bangkok who had been to Khao Khor and were on their way back to the capital. 

They ordered food and drink and ran up a bill of over 2,000 baht. Then one in the group asked him if he wanted to buy a Siberian Husky. 

They said that a relative in Khao Khor had given them the husky but they would be unable to look after the dog at their flats in Bangkok because pets were forbidden. 

Phaiboon is a dog lover so his interest was piqued. He was taken to the pick-up and on seeing that it was a Siberian Husky said it would be too expensive for him and besides he had no money.

Then the tourist said that he could have the dog in exchange for a free dinner. He accepted this offer and the tourists left. 

When his wife came back she scolded him for his stupidity saying that the dog had probably been stolen. 

That was soon proven to be the case with the Facebook post. It was all made worse by the fact that the owner of the dog was related to the acting governor of the province!

The restaurant owner contacted the owner and the handover was completed between their two addresses. 

She said it was a tearful reunion. 

Sanook did not report if the 5,000 baht reward was handed over. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-31

Oh man ... I had visions of the dog making its way all the way back to Siberia !!

What a let down to read this story ...

I tough maybe it would have been a animal version of this (supposedly) true story ....

Edited by rvaviator
  • Like 1

Woman is an idiot obviously ! Pays all that money for the dogs and then lets them just run around ! These are highly stolen and used for breeding in Thailand.

Secondly you never shave a huskies coat as it’s how it regulates its body heat !! 

16 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Secondly you never shave a huskies coat as it’s how it regulates its body heat !! 

Are you sure about that?

I looked after a husky team and if one required anaesthesia for surgery after fighting I had to put them outside in the snow to recover as would have suffered heat stroke inside.

Personally I don't think people should have huskies in warm environments.

On 8/1/2020 at 3:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you sure about that?

I looked after a husky team and if one required anaesthesia for surgery after fighting I had to put them outside in the snow to recover as would have suffered heat stroke inside.

Personally I don't think people should have huskies in warm environments.

Yes as the outer coat keeps the heat out and only reason I can think of for placing them outside would be to make breathing easier due to cold temperature . Although the surgery must have been baking hot for this to be the case.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, digger70 said:

So what's it got to do being related to an acting (actor)   ???? governor ?

You don't know? The governor has power to send you to prison for whatever reasons he thinks fit, even if it's a small matter like stealing a dog. 

This is Thailand, the relatives of government officials do get all the assistance they request.  Is who you know gets things done. How long have you live in Thailand? Apparently not that long I guess, no offence meant ok?

So it's good to find out who your next door neighbors are if you are living in a Hi-So area, just in case. In many court cases you don't win against the Hi-So . They have the money they have the power, it's not about legal justice. Not only in Thailand also in other S.E. Asian countries too. Democracy? Legal justice? 555

1 hour ago, poloshirt said:

You don't know? The governor has power to send you to prison for whatever reasons he thinks fit, even if it's a small matter like stealing a dog. 

This is Thailand, the relatives of government officials do get all the assistance they request.  Is who you know gets things done. How long have you live in Thailand? Apparently not that long I guess, no offence meant ok?

So it's good to find out who your next door neighbors are if you are living in a Hi-So area, just in case. In many court cases you don't win against the Hi-So . They have the money they have the power, it's not about legal justice. Not only in Thailand also in other S.E. Asian countries too. Democracy? Legal justice? 555

What I meant was that it means nothing to me him being a Gov or not .

For the people that Nicked the dog it may mean Something. 

Been here Long enough not to worry about to many things /People.  ???? ????