BANGKOK
webfact

Two men charged with murder of motorcycle taxi driver in Pattaya

Two men charged with murder of motorcycle taxi driver in Pattaya

6pm.jpg

Pattaya and Chonburi police have swiftly resolved the case of a motorcycle taxi rider shot earlier in the week by assailants on another motorcycle. 

Forty seven year old Prathum Sa-artnak was shot in the head by an 11 mm gun just moments after delivering a passenger from Bali Hai port to the rear entrance of a school in Soi 17, Bang Lamung. 

Arrested in Bang Saen were Manat, 39, and Niphon, 45. They are the men in police vests and blue helmets on the reconstruction of the case.

They were arrested at an ATM machine at the Thai resort between Pattaya and Bangkok.

They have admitted the crime saying they had argued with the victim who insulted them. They have both been charged with murder, weapons and ammunition offences and discharging a weapon in a public place. 

2020-07-30_18-29-39.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai and others took the suspects on a reconstruction tour to Bali Hai, where the two men watched Prathum pick up his female passenger, the scene of the shooting, and an apartment block where they changed clothes and deposited the gun before fleeing to Bang Saen.

Niphon drove the bike. Manat did the shooting. 

Pol Col Khemmarin said it was all about insults and lack of respect. It was not drug related. 

6pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The victim's daughter who asked not to be named concurred that her father was not mixed up in drugs. She said he was a nice guy.

She thanked the Pattaya police for their speedy work in resolving the case and said that the funeral of her father would be held in Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Soure: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-31

• Sad 4

Don't bank on a life sentence ! It will be the usual sh*t about family to support so mustnt be too tough on them 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I don't know why I imagine they were working for someone. Bali Hai is a lucrative spot. 

Follow the money....

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

I don't know why I imagine they were working for someone. Bali Hai is a lucrative spot. 

Follow the money....

Hitman for a bloke earning a living on a Click....😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

She said he was a nice guy.

most killers are generally nice guys i totally agree. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Don't bank on a life sentence ! It will be the usual sh*t about family to support so mustnt be too tough on them 

Correct, give them a penalty they can afford - where is the learning cure here ............LOL

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They have admitted the crime saying they had argued with the victim who insulted them.

Amazing Thailand.

• Thanks 2

"Pol Col Khemmarin said it was all about insults..."

The killers may have been able to accept this, but...

"... and lack of respect"

that tipped the scales.

• Sad 1

Every crime here seems to be solved within 48 hours. Farang countries seem to really struggle

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Every crime here seems to be solved within 48 hours. Farang countries seem to really struggle

And the perpetrators always admit the crime immediately. Where I come from they always deny. 

How do they do this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MrMr, please try to read the story before commenting. It was the daughter of the deceased who stated ' he was a nice guy', not the killer. Unbelievable, no not really! 

• Thanks 1