Cha-Am: Well known seafood restaurant boss murdered in bed - size ten footwear the only clue

webfact

Cha-Am: Well known seafood restaurant boss murdered in bed - size ten footwear the only clue

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Cha-Am police were called to a bedroom behind the Thip Seafood restaurant in Soi Lookrang Saphan Pla in downtown Cha-Am during the night. 

The owner of the restaurant Amphan Tokaew, 50, had been shot in bed while he slept.

He was hit four times in the forehead, chest, hip and arm. 

Some Myanmar staff who were eating nearby heard the shots and thought someone was shooting at a snake that got in the house. 

They called a relative to the scene and the truth was discovered.

No one saw anyone go in or out. 

Police found three footprints from a size ten flip flop or flip flops on a metal fence behind the house. 

No casings were found at the scene.

The police think three people were involved.

More on this as we hear of it.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-31

2 hours ago, webfact said:

No one saw anyone go in or out. 

Police found three footprints from a size ten flip flop or flip flops on a metal fence behind the house. 

No casings were found at the scene.

The police think three people were involved.

That doesn´t make sense. ????????

• Like 2

For me it looks like an hitman act

4 bullets (1 in the forehead) to be sure the job is really done, the guy was probably

in his bed sleeping, he hasn't even realised what happened before to be dead

no any trace left behind (Except the size 10 flip flop, good luck with that)

nobody has seen someone going in or out, all was perfectly executed in

a minimum of time and with a lot of cold blood (No bad pun intented).

Probably a long survey of the place before the act and

the hitman knew the habits of the decesead, how to go into the house

without doing any noise and how to go out quick, all of this in the night time.

Maybe a gambling debt?

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

4 bullets (1 in the forehead) to be sure the job is really done, the guys was probably

not any trace left behind (Except the size 10 flip flop, good luck with that)

nobody has seen someone going in or out, all was perfectly executed in a minimum

of time with a lot of coldblood (No bad pun intented).

Maybe a gambling debt?

Agree but why is every body so focused on size 10 a lot of Thais have size 10

my nephew has size 11 and also my BIL

• Like 1

15 hours ago, madmen said:

I wonder if a farang was murdered would it be as funny? 

What a pathetic lot you all are 

just noticing on the post of the Brit who has broken head asking for handouts that folks are berating others for not being sympathetic towards him, and yet on this story it's a laugh a minute about a murdered Thai - so many two faced hypocritical posters all from the same place..

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 12:18 AM, kingofthemountain said:

4 bullets (1 in the forehead) to be sure the job is really done, the guy was probably

no any trace left behind (Except the size 10 flip flop, good luck with that)

nobody has seen someone going in or out, all was perfectly executed in

a minimum of time and with a lot of cold blood (No bad pun intented).

Maybe a gambling debt?

Shot in the hip and arm. Yes, really professional.... ????

Remind me never to hire you to bump off the old lady. 

2 hours ago, Speedhump said:

Shot in the hip and arm. Yes, really professional.... ????

Remind me never to hire you to bump off the old lady. 

Using a revolver (No casings were found so i presume it was one)

you obtain a very imprecise shooting, even at a short distance, except in the movies.

I consider 4 in the target on 6 fired (Probably 2 bullets lost in the wall or the bed)

a more than good result particularly in the dark.

And you not stay at few centimeters from your target when you fire

the closest you are, the more risk you have to be attacked and disarmed by your victim.

Anyway i am not available to be hired.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Using a revolver (No casings were found so i presume it was one)

you obtain a very imprecise shooting, even at a short distance, except in the movies.

I consider 4 in the target on 6 fired (Probably 2 bullets lost in the wall or the bed)

a more than good result particularly in the dark.

And you not stay at few centimeters from your target when you fire

the closest you are, the more risk you have to be attacked and disarmed by your victim.

Anyway i am not available to be hired.

A professional hit using a revolver, you just get funnier! A 'pro' would be able to pick up 3 or 4 casings anyway; he's not panicking, he's a pro, right?). And the guy was asleep in bed, right? Otherwise a pro hitman would surely back off and bide his time. That's what professional means to me, and what you'd pay me for, not a panicky botched job (I'm not for hire either, BTW....) 

In any case I've shot revolvers tapping pairs over 10 to 20 yards (much more distance than in a bedroom) with good grouping. I guess you've been shooting a 19th century unrifled treasure; nice to own but not for home defence... ????

11 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

A professional hit using a revolver, you just get funnier! A 'pro' would be able to pick up 3 or 4 casings anyway; he's not panicking, he's a pro, right?). And the guy was asleep in bed, right? Otherwise a pro hitman would surely back off and bide his time. That's what professional means to me, and what you'd pay me for, not a panicky botched job (I'm not for hire either, BTW....) 

In any case I've shot revolvers tapping pairs over 10 to 20 yards (much more distance than in a bedroom) with good grouping. I guess you've been shooting a 19th century unrifled treasure; nice to own but not for home defence... ????

Are you really pretending that you are an expert on murder for hire and hitman protocol.

How very laughable indeed.

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

Are you really pretending that you are an expert on murder for hire and hitman protocol.

How very laughable indeed.

No I'm telling you that I have shot many types of handguns, and know what is possible under different conditions. Are you OK with that? But also that your idea of what is a professional hitman seems quite juvenile (indeed your understanding of the word 'professional' seems completely lacking in any case). ????????????

2 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

No I'm telling you that I have shot many types of handguns, and know what is possible under different conditions. Are you OK with that? But also that your idea of what is a professional hitman seems quite juvenile (indeed your understanding of the word 'professional' seems completely lacking in any case). ????????????

My, you are good, you pulled all that out of my post of approximately 20 words.

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

My, you are good, you pulled all that out of my post of approximately 20 words.

Yawn. 

Your post must have been at least 60 words. So we can see how 'approximate' your ideas of reality are.... ❤️

Edited by Speedhump

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

Maybe you are mixing the idea of a real pro hitman in a western country

with the one in Thailand, who is not really a pro (And it's not the same price too)

but he is clever enough to avoid few newbie mistakes.

I love your idea of the guy using an automatic and not a revolver

with a lamp in the mouth, the gun in one hand and the other

trying fo find the last casing wich has rolled somewhere under the bed

thinking in the same time to stay calm because the bunch of burmeses

in front of the house. alerted by the noise (A real pro use a silencer)

could now come at every moment and get him in trouble.

I have no doubt you are talented and an elite shooter, but you should

avoid to try to be funny with your assumptions about my shooting experiences

you could be more than surprised if we have the opportunity to compete in a shooting range whatever the weapon used (From my 10 years experience in the army, i can use a wide range of weapons)

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

And maybe you are misusing the word 'professional' as I already said. 

Someone being paid 20 or even 50k here to off someone does not make them 'professional'. A goon with a gun is a goon with a gun. I don't accept your explanation of your comment.

Silencers exist in Thailand and can be purchased by those who are involved in this trade at a high level. You might remember the horrific mall shooting of an infant a few months ago. Someone using their inside position to obtain one illegally. A pro would use one in a home shooting. So, not a pro then, just a thug with a handgun.

To say there are not professional hitmen in Thailand is ludicrous (and a bit racist). 

And I could shoot the pants off you with handguns, good luck with your other small arms, army man, not interested. 

On 7/31/2020 at 12:45 PM, ChipButty said:

Size 10 flip flops that was part of the disguise 

Farlang sure .

Actually , i am size ten , better i keep my head down , for a short time .

• Haha 1

Professional assassin. This assassin recce'ed his target for awhile. Cheap thugs paid to kill do not have the calm mental fortitude to pick up brass after murdering someone. Not only did this assassin slip in completely unheard, he did it on a metal roof. Which can make alot of noise. His pistol either had a brass catcher like the other poster said, it's a revolver. If not, he literally picked each brass up by hand. That in itself is a feat as anyone that has adrenaline pumping through him knows fine motor skills with adrenaline is hard. Picking up brass in a unfamiliar environment where it can go under the bed etc. Is tough because your mind is running a mile a second, wanting to flee.

A lot of talk about silencers. I take nobody here knows how silencers work. They still go bang because of the primer being hit and the bullet must travel under the speed of sound, like a 45 caliber bullet. A western professional assassin uses 22lr caliber with silencer, you will only hear the hammer strike, no bang. 

Silencers don't work like the movies. You have to sacrifice killing power for sound suppression. You can't have both. A 22lr won't kill unless you aim for the eyeball. Shooting the skull may not penetrate. 

Either way, it's likely a revolver. But slipping in undetected and slipping out is where the real professionalism comes in. Not shooting point blank.

Edited by Trolling4warlords
Adding more information
  • Like 2