Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

Hi,

there are some people who can't get a new Visa in Thailand or an extension. They have to make a border run or apply for a new Visa outside Thailand. 

Unlike Tourists who can switch to a new Visa in Thailand, I personally ran out of options. 

In my case I'm on an ED Visa which I can't extend and my permission of stay expired during the amnesty. 

At the moment my embassy announced that they don't issue the letter anymore. 

I would like to study further so leaving isn't really an option but I only see 3 options left . 

1. Waiting and hoping that they will come up with a solution for those who need new Visa or hoping the Amnesty will be announced further . Which gives me a lot of headache.

2. Breaking up with my study and switch to a new Visa by paying an Agent. Which is absolute sad and useless but it would take away my worries.

3. Leaving and hoping my flight will not be canceled. 

However I would like to know from people who are in the same position then me, who can't get a new Visa or an extension until the 26 of September :

what are you planning to do? Or what have you done? 

Thank you. 

Edited by bestie

It's a fair question as some cannot get an ext, and if you are not married or over 50 you cannot get an ext even via an agent.

I suppose one argument is if you don't have a work permit, not married or retired then why are you here anyway. 

Without a crystal ball it's hard to say what will happen, ref another amnesty ext, or if borders are open etc..but it's still 2 months away so I would just chill for now, dude.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

..but it's still 2 months away so I would just chill for now, dude.

being so long on Amnesty isn't really fun (for me). My school is only is saying: wait and see. But of course I'm worry. Don't want to be deported because I waited too long.  

The Agent said you need at least 20 Days before the Amnesty expired. So that's a little bit over a month. No time to chill ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I have not dumped my family, you have little or no idea, they support my decision 100%. Would you pay for second class medical care (Chemo therapy for terminal cancer) when you can get excellent professional medical treatment for free in my own country, think before you post such uninformed drivel! I always had 1 year non o multi entry visa's based on marriage that I travelled outside of Thailand to get!

So, he should have been thinking about that you are on chemo therapy, without you mention that and only sum it up like BS. Nice!

I am sorry that you have to go trough that hell, but posters here can not see what you mean. You must tell them and explain in more words than BS.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I just decided to pay agent 45K and be done for a year incl. multi entry and 90 days reporting. Cheaper on renewal and no need to bring family too. Needed to end this visa misery.

That's where I'm currently in. I'm close to that I can't take this "happy" visa amnesty anymore. I'm so tired of it. Anyway it's a lot of money. Thank you for your help. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bestie said:

That's where I'm currently in. I'm close to that I can't take this "happy" visa amnesty anymore. I'm so tired of it. Anyway it's a lot of money. Thank you for your help. 

Actually not if you break it down... The multi entry is 3K baht and 90 days service also 4K value. I used to spend 3.5k average monthly for my 3 trips getting single entry non-o and extensions too. The issue however is that borders are closed, so this is just better. No family need to visit or queues at all. And renewal cost is only 25k baht....

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I just decided to pay agent 45K and be done for a year incl. multi entry and 90 days reporting.
Cheaper on renewal and no need to bring family too. Needed to end this visa misery.

Is that a volunteer visa? I've been asked 65k "all inclusive" as you said. I said mmmmmmkay and in my head I gave her the middle finger. ????

1 minute ago, Sundown said:

Is that a volunteer visa? I've been asked 65k "all inclusive" as you said. I said mmmmmmkay and in my head I gave her the middle finger. ????

No non-o child extension without cash. 65K for someone without ties sounds about right. Similar as non-b and this is a busy time.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, samisaurus said:

Here's my plan.... 

Around mid September I'll see if there's murmurs about an extension and what news is in the media regarding this. 

If there's no indication of any sort of extension whether paid or not I will do one of the following below. 

1. Obtain an antibody covid test and head over to Bali , which happens to open September 11th, giving me plenty of time to see/hear news coming out of Bali and entering the island. 

2. Head to Istanbul, Turkey via Qatar or Dubai which seem to daily have flights going there from Thailand without cancellation (Qatar has 2x daily). 

Thailand has been quite gracious and understanding in terms of extending amnesty in past 6 months or so. That being said I know that if i leave , getting back will be next to impossible until 2021. 

Simple as that. I'll stay in those regions (60 days bali & 90 days istanbul) and after my period there is up I'll see who's opened up then or what the situation is overall. 

You only forget that the typical longstayers here will all think like that, as it always is at embassies or at immigration (last minute all come), you might have a hard time getting papers and tickets in time. If im not wrong there is like 50K ppl that leave soon. And being late means blacklist.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Not to forget the amount of time saved, no stress or caring about visa news anymore etc. Never visit immi again at all. @bestie

That's true. Maybe I had hope that everything would go back to a "normal" way. Maybe I had hope that they will come up with a solution for people like me. But it seems like that I will waste my time on hope. I will go to my school next week and have a chat with them. Thank you 

• Like 1