BANGKOK
bestie

Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

Posted (edited)

Hi,

there are some people who can't get a new Visa in Thailand or an extension. They have to make a border run or apply for a new Visa outside Thailand. 

Unlike Tourists who can switch to a new Visa in Thailand, I personally ran out of options. 

In my case I'm on an ED Visa which I can't extend and my permission of stay expired during the amnesty. 

At the moment my embassy announced that they don't issue the letter anymore. 

I would like to study further so leaving isn't really an option but I only see 3 options left . 

1. Waiting and hoping that they will come up with a solution for those who need new Visa or hoping the Amnesty will be announced further . Which gives me a lot of headache.

2. Breaking up with my study and switch to a new Visa by paying an Agent. Which is absolute sad and useless but it would take away my worries.

3. Leaving and hoping my flight will not be canceled. 

However I would like to know from people who are in the same position then me, who can't get a new Visa or an extension until the 26 of September :

what are you planning to do? Or what have you done? 

Thank you. 

Edited by bestie

It's a fair question as some cannot get an ext, and if you are not married or over 50 you cannot get an ext even via an agent.

I suppose one argument is if you don't have a work permit, not married or retired then why are you here anyway. 

Without a crystal ball it's hard to say what will happen, ref another amnesty ext, or if borders are open etc..but it's still 2 months away so I would just chill for now, dude.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2