Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There would be no ban from entering the country until a person had overstayed for more than 90 days unless caught with the overstay.

With all due respect it sounds to good to be true.

With all trouble given to get hold of any kind of extensions you would be sorted out so easily for a 15k / month for up to 3 months without a 1 year entry ban.

Are you 100% sure?

31 minutes ago, kd2000 said:

With all due respect it sounds to good to be true.

With all trouble given to get hold of any kind of extensions you would be sorted out so easily for a 15k / month for up to 3 months without a 1 year entry ban.

Are you 100% sure?

You do risk being found on overstay before leaving. In that case (arrested and prosecuted), you'd face a 5 years ban right away - technically from day #1. If you make it to the airport, on the other hand, there's no ban unless you overstay 90 days or longer.

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The world has gone stupid over this virus and it has proved Thailand is NOT the place that I want to stay for the rest of my life.

I CANNOT see how the virus opened your eyes to see the thailand is NOT the place.

and if the virus would never came, than you would stay in thailand for the rest of your life?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bestie said:

I'm study on a "Non-Formal" School not on an University. I get a 1 Year Visa and after the year I have to leave the country to get a new one. (by making a border run and then to get a new ED Visa inside Thailand or at a Thai embassy in a different country) . I even can't extend my ED Visa.  

Did you try to extend it at immigration?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Did you try to extend it at immigration?

Not in person. Because by the law you can't extend an ED Visa you have to get a new one after a year. So my school can't help me out with some required documents for an extension because it's not possible. Of course I could show up at the immigration with empty hands and ask what to do and ask for an extension but I guess they will tell me that I have to leave. Like they told it to one of my friends.   

All is not lost, there are visa agents out there and they can do wonders albeit at a cost all 100% legally issued 3 months and a one year, will not elaborate further, not sure if it is legal to do so...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

All is not lost, there are visa agents out there and they can do wonders albeit at a cost all 100% legally issued 3 months and a one year, will not elaborate further, not sure if it is legal to do so...

I asked two agents related to my case if they can help me to get a new ED Visa or an extension. Both said not possible you have to make a border run. Of course they want to make more money by selling you the most expensive pack. But that what I heard so far. I can only switch to a volunteer Visa. I don't know why but it's so far the only option I have if the immigration isn't coming up with an official solution. 

2 hours ago, bestie said:

Not in person. Because by the law you can't extend an ED Visa you have to get a new one after a year. So my school can't help me out with some required documents for an extension because it's not possible. Of course I could show up at the immigration with empty hands and ask what to do and ask for an extension but I guess they will tell me that I have to leave. Like they told it to one of my friends.   

Maybe you should try it again at immigration as the announcement and new regulations just came in a couple of days ago.

It's worth a shot trying again and maybe there is a solution or some sort of extension now.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bestie said:

But that what I heard so far. I can only switch to a volunteer Visa. I don't know why but it's so far the only option I have if the immigration isn't coming up with an official solution. 

Yes I heard about the volunteer option, a pricey solution.

Let's hope there will be more options in a couple of weeks time.

• Like 1

boy people are getting very snarky in the replies  ok and posts 

as for me 

i booked for the 25 of july to USA  it got canceled .. they say they will try to rebook  but so far i have not heard from them ... i contacted them via email and requested sept 24  .. but i do not know ..  what happens if no flights out .. how many flight do i have to pay for to confirm  no flights out  .. 

i know nobody knows .. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I CANNOT see how the virus opened your eyes to see the thailand is NOT the place.

and if the virus would never came, than you would stay in thailand for the rest of your life?

Look like I will be forced to live in Thailand for the foreseeable future no matter what I want.

Borders closed, and effectively no flights out. 

Sure I can buy a ticket, but they keep cancelling flights and refusing cash refunds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, bestie said:

a new Visa by paying an Agent. Which is absolute sad and useless but it would take away my worries.

First... there are some things in life we all don't qualify for... and we all have to live with that... be it a visa or a $10MM bank loan...

Why is taking away your worries sad and useless? Do you prefer to worry? If you can pay an agent to circumvent your problems - it sounds useful to me... 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Depends a lot if you can make money here or not. I make as much if not more then back home. Those who can't should indeed just go back as your denying yourself a lot of things. 

But i do find it funny how people always have to be so harsh about the country they loved to stay in before. Its as if they can't accept that they themselves failed here. Its not the country that failed its just your efforts to fail here. Thailand did not suddenly change. First they love it here and then when they can't stay here anymore they are all of a sudden overly negative. Its a bit strange reaction maybe to justify to themselves they have to go. Not accepting that its a perfectly good place for other people. 

You make yak yak yak

Wait until you get a multi-million baht medical bill.

People get old, you will get old, that is what happens.

You will realized why people move back to civilized countries with free medical care.

Seen the bills for CV lately?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, robblok said:

Depends a lot if you can make money here or not. I make as much if not more then back home. Those who can't should indeed just go back as your denying yourself a lot of things. 

But i do find it funny how people always have to be so harsh about the country they loved to stay in before. Its as if they can't accept that they themselves failed here. Its not the country that failed its just your efforts to fail here. Thailand did not suddenly change. First they love it here and then when they can't stay here anymore they are all of a sudden overly negative. Its a bit strange reaction maybe to justify to themselves they have to go. Not accepting that its a perfectly good place for other people. 

You talk about failure?

Did you grow up dreaming your life would be complete by moving to Thailand?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Look like I will be forced to live in Thailand for the foreseeable future no matter what I want.

Borders closed, and effectively no flights out. 

Sure I can buy a ticket, but they keep cancelling flights and refusing cash refunds.

Plenty of flights out. If you want out it's easy, book a flight within 24 hours of departure. What do you want? I'm surprised your still here considering Vietnam and Cambodia are your first choice 

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Stick around a while, you'll eventually understand!

"a while"? 

It took you 30 years to realise how Thailand works.? 

Most of us know we are rolling the dice and tomorrow it could all go tits up on us. Or we could live out our natural lives here. 

The only plan is to have a support system here and an alternative somewhere else. Both of which you have. 

Best of luck with the treatment. (have you made much contribution over the years to this free treatment.? Straight question.) 

2 minutes ago, rott said:

"a while"? 

It took you 30 years to realise how Thailand works.? 

Most of us know we are rolling the dice and tomorrow it could all go tits up on us. Or we could live out our natural lives here. 

The only plan is to have a support system here and an alternative somewhere else. Both of which you have. 

Best of luck with the treatment. (have you made much contribution over the years to this free treatment.? Straight question.) 

I realised a long time ago how Thailand works, it has seriously deteriorated in recent years! Yes, I have worked in Asia for 30 years, mostly for international companies from my home country. Worked in my own country for years before that and paid my dues! I am financially comfortably retired. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

First... there are some things in life we all don't qualify for... and we all have to live with that... be it a visa or a $10MM bank loan...

Why is taking away your worries sad and useless? Do you prefer to worry? If you can pay an agent to circumvent your problems - it sounds useful to me... 

Thank you. Yes at least there is an option. 

27 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If people could afford the Elite Visa, they wouldn't be on here asking VISA questions.

Well you'd be surprised how little known the elite visa is, that is what i was trying to do, increase awareness. If it's worth it, or if you have the cash, up to you/them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

But would he be able to return to Thailand. 

Well, if he gets the ED Visa he would be let in obviously.

If he doesn't get one, then he needs to apply at other embassies until he does or consider alternative places.

Does he have any viable alternative?