Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

18 hours ago, PatOngo said:

If he was a member of any standing, he would know I have made reference to my condition in the past. Anyway, no problem, nevermind, what will be will be. Mai mee phen ha, mai phen rai, arai ja girt  go hai mun girt! ???? :thumbsup:

I don't follow thai bashers. Especially those that bash from Australia. Give it rest mate 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

It's the people that DID burn their bridges that get all upset when people have options to move home and they have none.

Instead of being happy for you, they get all peed off because they can't move anywhere.

I moved back to the USA, never gave much of a thought towards medical when I lived in Thailand, but now I am getting older, I realize medical care is of huge importance. 

Never burned any bridges can move my company anywhere i want. If tomorrow i decide i want to be back in my country i can be there. (if there were flights). I think its stupid to burn bridges at home. You always need to keep your options open. Medical care is always of importance but if you have money you can afford medical insurance.

Ever since i moved here 15 years ago i always had medical insurance. Just gives peace of mind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Never burned any bridges can move my company anywhere i want. If tomorrow i decide i want to be back in my country i can be there. (if there were flights). I think its stupid to burn bridges at home. You always need to keep your options open. Medical care is always of importance but if you have money you can afford medical insurance.

Ever since i moved here 15 years ago i always had medical insurance. Just gives peace of mind.

Wait until you get seriously ill and realise the real worth of your Thai medical insurance. 

• Like 1

Im not saying its bad to leave Thailand or to change your mind, that is normal. What I am questioning is the 180 turn degree that many people display. Liking it loving it and then all of a sudden nothing is good everything is bad and everyone should realize the same they do and leave this country. 

It is almost as if there is a hatred that they can't stay, did not make it or something like that.

Again i can see people slowly changing their mind. I don't see this as the best country. Just as a place i like staying now a place I enjoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Wait until you get seriously ill and realise the real worth of your Thai medical insurance. 

What Thai medical insurance.. i got a foreign one for over a million dollar in coverage. You make too many assumptions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

What Thai medical insurance.. i got a foreign one for over a million dollar in coverage. You make too many assumptions. 

You mean the same assumptions you made calling everyone a failure who wishes to leave Thailand? 

And if you can please share this amazing insurance policy and cost. I would love to apply for it. 

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pravda said:

You mean the same assumptions you made calling everyone a failure who wishes to leave Thailand? 

You misunderstand I don't call the people a failure. I call their trying to stay here a failure. The moment that happens people seem to turn really bitter. 

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If only I could find somewhere to go?

No flights anywhere that I can buy a ticket without a 90% chance the flight will be cancelled and no refund given.

I've got a pal trying to return to Belgium, 4 flights he's booked have been cancelled so far, and no ticket refund.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I've been seriously ill twice with no medical insurance.

3x if you include smashing my face on the road after an RTA.

Biggest bill in the government hospital so far around 3,500bht.

8 minutes ago, Pravda said:

And if you can please share this amazing insurance policy and cost. I would love to apply for it. 

ACS pay around a 1000$ per half year for it. 

13 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

so why do you make your kids live in a 3rd world country and not where you are ?

They were born there, they have very good jobs there, they make good money there, their choice! They are not children! They have university degrees from my country! Any other questions?

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If only I could find somewhere to go?

No flights anywhere that I can buy a ticket without a 90% chance the flight will be cancelled and no refund given.

I've got a pal trying to return to Belgium, 4 flights he's booked have been cancelled so far, and no ticket refund.

Many people have booked flights and flown to Europe during the corona 

• Like 1

Some people have giving their opinions why they have left Thailand and some have their personal reason for it. I think that's ok if they want to share their personal experience with us. No need to blame them. Every life is different.

Especially in this time it can be very frustrating if you want to stay further but you run out of options and they tell you to leave. 

I know a guy he is on a married multiply 1 Year entry Non-O Visa and because his wife isn't in Thailand they told him to leave at the immigration. Of course it can be very frustrating. And he is getting angry. If you invest here, maybe bought a house and planned your life.

Of course you can blame every Visa Holder for not getting the best Visa they offered. Or ask him why his wife isn't here?

But who could predict that this will happen one day?    

I personal think that the immigration law with Border runs or getting a new Visa outside of Thailand when you already in Thailand is in Covid Times a little bit "out of date". I think it will not be possible in the near future to solve it. Nothing is coming back to normal soon so we have to find a way to adapt because I don't see that the immigration law is changing soon?. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been seriously ill twice with no medical insurance.

3x if you include smashing my face on the road after an RTA.

Biggest bill in the government hospital so far around 3,500bht.

I'm talking cancer, heart and other lovely issues that come with age. 

15 minutes ago, Pravda said:

What the heck does this mean?. 

Screenshot-20200801-114918.jpg

No idea, im not an insurance broker. I know what i got and what it covers. I set it up years ago. Mail them and see. I only know what my insurance covers. 

I also have no outpatient coverage. So medicine (outpatient) ill have to pay myself. 

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'm talking cancer, heart and other lovely issues that come with age. 

That can come with age. I am taking care of my body (not a guarantee of course). But it helps to eat healthy and to stay in shape. In general it gives one a better quality of life later on. But <deleted> happens of course. 

35 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

No problem MM, I have enough followers who actually get it! Rest easy!

Birds of a feather flock together. Nothing wrong with you moving on. The overly negative part i see with people who have to leave is what i have a problem with. I don't think Oz is a bad place to stay. My country on the other hand.. not that much fun. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

No idea, im not an insurance broker. I know what i got and what it covers. I set it up years ago. Mail them and see. I only know what my insurance covers. 

I also have no outpatient coverage. So medicine (outpatient) ill have to pay myself. 

Yep. This is exactly what I mean. I have no idea and don't want to deal with surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance when I'm old or God forbid sick. In Canada while I'm lying sick in the bed I won't have to worry about 90 day reports, extensions bill discrepancire from the hospital, insurance paperwork and wondering if they'll pay or not. 

Based on the information I read on this forum and some real life experiences with my previous wife who's friend died of cancer because insurance policy from international company only covered a small part of chemo therapy I think I'll pass on my retirement in Thailand. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yep. This is exactly what I mean. I have no idea and don't want to deal with surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance when I'm old or God forbid sick. In Canada while I'm lying sick in the bed I won't have to worry about 90 day reports, extensions bill discrepancire from the hospital, insurance paperwork and wondering if they'll pay or not. 

Based on the information I read on this forum and some real life experiences with my previous wife who's friend died of cancer because insurance policy from international company only covered a small part of chemo therapy I think I'll pass on my retirement in Thailand. 

But its not as if its hard to set it up once so you have good insurance. It does not take long to arange this and then be ready with it. It just takes some time setting it up but once that is done its done.

Yes immigration sucks that is the one thing i definitely hate about Thailand. 

You are really hung up about cancer and disease any reason for this. (just curious no flame)

I paid the man money and he gave me some paper.  He said come back next month and pay me more money.  So I did it for 4 years.  He said something like 'pay your protection money or I break your leg when no have camera.'  So I keep paying.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Why would you get 'surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance'? They all spell out what they offer in advance. 

I've just come out of hospital with a 700k hospital bill that was completely paid by my highly reputable, healthcare provider. No questions asked.

Immigration rules don't change that much. They want to deter those that cannot provide for themselves but if you can, and fit the criteria for retirement etc, apart from a slightly annoying 90 day reporting, it's pretty straight forward.

It seems to me you are hearing reports from people who took out sub-standard cover and when the serious stuff happened (cancer being pretty near the top), they realised you get what you pay for. As I mentioned before, my health cover costs 10k per month BUT I am literally covered for absolutely all expenses for as long as those expenses last. There are plenty of things in the world where it's good to save money; I would venture that health insurance isn't one of them.