Jump to content
BANGKOK
bestie

Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There would be no ban from entering the country until a person had overstayed for more than 90 days unless caught with the overstay.

With all due respect it sounds to good to be true.

 

With all trouble given to get hold of any kind of extensions you would be sorted out so easily for a 15k / month for up to 3 months without a 1 year entry ban.

 

Are you 100% sure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kd2000 said:

With all due respect it sounds to good to be true.

 

With all trouble given to get hold of any kind of extensions you would be sorted out so easily for a 15k / month for up to 3 months without a 1 year entry ban.

 

Are you 100% sure?

You do risk being found on overstay before leaving. In that case (arrested and prosecuted), you'd face a 5 years ban right away - technically from day #1. If you make it to the airport, on the other hand, there's no ban unless you overstay 90 days or longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The world has gone stupid over this virus and it has proved Thailand is NOT the place that I want to stay for the rest of my life.

I CANNOT see how the virus opened your eyes to see the thailand is NOT the place.

and if the virus would never came, than you would stay in thailand for the rest of your life?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bestie said:

I'm study on a "Non-Formal" School not on an University. I get a 1 Year Visa and after the year I have to leave the country to get a new one. (by making a border run and then to get a new ED Visa inside Thailand or at a Thai embassy in a different country) . I even can't extend my ED Visa.  

Did you try to extend it at immigration?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Yah, but if you go to Bali on 11 September and arrange the application with the Thai consulate and get a new ED visa, problem solved.

You are not getting back in...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Did you try to extend it at immigration?

Not in person. Because by the law you can't extend an ED Visa you have to get a new one after a year. So my school can't help me out with some required documents for an extension because it's not possible. Of course I could show up at the immigration with empty hands and ask what to do and ask for an extension but I guess they will tell me that I have to leave. Like they told it to one of my friends.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All is not lost, there are visa agents out there and they can do wonders albeit at a cost all 100% legally issued 3 months and a one year, will not elaborate further, not sure if it is legal to do so...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ezzra said:

All is not lost, there are visa agents out there and they can do wonders albeit at a cost all 100% legally issued 3 months and a one year, will not elaborate further, not sure if it is legal to do so...

I asked two agents related to my case if they can help me to get a new ED Visa or an extension. Both said not possible you have to make a border run. Of course they want to make more money by selling you the most expensive pack. But that what I heard so far. I can only switch to a volunteer Visa. I don't know why but it's so far the only option I have if the immigration isn't coming up with an official solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bestie said:

Not in person. Because by the law you can't extend an ED Visa you have to get a new one after a year. So my school can't help me out with some required documents for an extension because it's not possible. Of course I could show up at the immigration with empty hands and ask what to do and ask for an extension but I guess they will tell me that I have to leave. Like they told it to one of my friends.   

 

Maybe you should try it again at immigration as the announcement and new regulations just came in a couple of days ago.

It's worth a shot trying again and maybe there is a solution or some sort of extension now.

Best of luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bestie said:

But that what I heard so far. I can only switch to a volunteer Visa. I don't know why but it's so far the only option I have if the immigration isn't coming up with an official solution. 

Yes I heard about the volunteer option, a pricey solution.

Let's hope there will be more options in a couple of weeks time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kd2000 said:

Are you 100% sure?

From the immigration website.

image.png.2381a5bd143795418695ab71a8a1550d.png

Just a overstay fine of 20k baht when leaving the country.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

boy people are getting very snarky in the replies  ok and posts 

 

as for me 

i booked for the 25 of july to USA  it got canceled .. they say they will try to rebook  but so far i have not heard from them ... i contacted them via email and requested sept 24  .. but i do not know ..  what happens if no flights out .. how many flight do i have to pay for to confirm  no flights out  .. 

i know nobody knows .. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I CANNOT see how the virus opened your eyes to see the thailand is NOT the place.

and if the virus would never came, than you would stay in thailand for the rest of your life?

Look like I will be forced to live in Thailand for the foreseeable future no matter what I want.

Borders closed, and effectively no flights out. 

Sure I can buy a ticket, but they keep cancelling flights and refusing cash refunds.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...