Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Never burned any bridges can move my company anywhere i want. If tomorrow i decide i want to be back in my country i can be there. (if there were flights). I think its stupid to burn bridges at home. You always need to keep your options open. Medical care is always of importance but if you have money you can afford medical insurance.

Ever since i moved here 15 years ago i always had medical insurance. Just gives peace of mind.

What Thai or international medical insurance covers the major medical issues when you age? Think million+ baht medical issues? And how much you are paying?

Not the same as free insurance, medicare, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Why would you get 'surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance'? They all spell out what they offer in advance. 

I've just come out of hospital with a 700k hospital bill that was completely paid by my highly reputable, healthcare provider. No questions asked.

Immigration rules don't change that much. They want to deter those that cannot provide for themselves but if you can, and fit the criteria for retirement etc, apart from a slightly annoying 90 day reporting, it's pretty straight forward.

It seems to me you are hearing reports from people who took out sub-standard cover and when the serious stuff happened (cancer being pretty near the top), they realised you get what you pay for. As I mentioned before, my health cover costs 10k per month BUT I am literally covered for absolutely all expenses for as long as those expenses last. There are plenty of things in the world where it's good to save money; I would venture that health insurance isn't one of them.  

You say that with zero evidence.

What insurance company pays 100%?

I think we need to verify that for you.

Post the company so we can research the facts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

You say that with zero evidence.

What insurance company pays 100%?

I think we need to verify that for you.

Post the company so we can research the facts.

Not sure why you would think I was lying about this and I certainly don't appreciate your tone but for the benefit of other, less rude posters; I work through RBi (broker)   https://www.rbimembership.com/ who in turn work through several insurance companies. My most recent insurer has been https://www.imglobal.com who out of a total bill for 700k charged me an excess of 25k which in turn RBi refunded back to me thus meaning I didn't pay a penny.

Happy?

On 7/31/2020 at 3:26 PM, Logosone said:

Or you could now go to Taiwan for "medical" reasons

Don't act as if this special permit is a gimme. On a Taiwan forum, a person said his wife was denied entrance for a medical permit based on maternity medicine (she is pregnant). I have read it is only for serious medical problems. I have an untreated umbilical hernia from  a failed surgery I had in Taiwan at a hospital where I am a regular patient. I will try to get a permit based on having a new surgery to correct it so i can get back home. If I am denied the permit to enter you will know that it will only be given for serious medical emergencies or problems. They will not be given out for regular check-ups.

4 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

You went from loving the country that you were born in, to hating it and moving to Thailand.

That is very common behaviour amongst a certain percentage of longstayers here, specially with the Dutch. Waste of time to reason with them too.

Same same but different as those veerrryy boring expats who did have a 400-800K deposit but otherwise live under a stone. 

Actually stopped playing in pool teams due to such guys. Essentially they lived even more bored lives back home so a Junta ordered lifestyyle sounds good to them thus they tell us all is good and never changed. Even the obvious misery as a result is right under their noses, they deny. We can't ruin their fantasy cuz they gave up on life before it started and this is their final station.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

I have a 1 year non immigrant ed visa, done on May 2020. I just have to go at immigration every 90 days. I was really bored about tourist visa and going out to the border all the time. Now am very happy in Thailand and I can apply for another ed visa after 1 year as well.

I wish good luck for those that are into amensty but I think that if you will leave after will be very difficult to come back in Thailand

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I have a 1 year non immigrant ed visa, done on May 2020. I just have to go at immigration every 90 days. I was really bored about tourist visa and going out to the border all the time. Now am very happy in Thailand and I can apply for another ed visa after 1 year as well.

I wish good luck for those that are into amensty but I think that if you will leave after will be very difficult to come back in Thailand

this looked great until you read the stories of thai language test regardless of what you are actually studying, but that non-o status gives you options for sure (400k in bank 2 months and marriage, work permit/business visa) life gets a whole lot easier on Non-O

1 hour ago, jbob said:

this looked great until you read the stories of thai language test regardless of what you are actually studying, but that non-o status gives you options for sure (400k in bank 2 months and marriage, work permit/business visa) life gets a whole lot easier on Non-O

I go to school every week and I like to learn Thai language so no problem for me about getting tested

• Like 1

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

There is no "free medical care" in Canada. Are you aware that  most provinces have residency requirements?  For example in Ontario;  You must be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period to qualify for OHIP medicare. 

I am not sure what residence requirements have to do with anything or the cost of healthcare. Of course there are residence requirements as there should be. 

Edited by Pravda

On 7/31/2020 at 4:45 PM, bestie said:

Thank you for letting me know. No I didn't know that. But the fee for the agent for switching to a new Visa and paying the school a year further seems to be a little bit expensiv for me. However a like for option 2. 

No, I'm not married and under 50 years old. So I'm not planning to staying here forever but I would like to study 1-2 years further. In my case I know I will leave sooner or later. But I wouldn't like to pay for a flight in this time and then maybe the flight get canceled. Like it happened to two of my friends.

Thank you for all your answers. Please stay polite to each other.

How much is the agent requesting to change the visa for you...?

Can you say..?

And what location are you...?

• Like 1

Hello. I am new to the forum, and there is so much here, i wanted to ask to clarify my situation. I have a Non O, from Laos, not been across the border since the 90 day expired 26th April. It runs out January.

Am i correct in assuming that, on or before the 26th of September, i can go to immigration and get 60 days, as i have not done this at all since renewing? If so, that will then take me to mid November and either i find a new way for a visa, or an agent, or, the borders may be open (fat chance) .

Thank you for your time

10 minutes ago, PrasatKeith said:

Am i correct in assuming that, on or before the 26th of September, i can go to immigration and get 60 days, as i have not done this at all since renewing?

Yes

But I think doing it around mid September would be better or you might find crowds of people at immigration closer to Saturday the 26th and it will still start on the 27th.

If you can meet the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht of income you could apply for a one year extension of stay 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrasatKeith said:

Hello. I am new to the forum, and there is so much here, i wanted to ask to clarify my situation. I have a Non O, from Laos, not been across the border since the 90 day expired 26th April. It runs out January.

Am i correct in assuming that, on or before the 26th of September, i can go to immigration and get 60 days, as i have not done this at all since renewing? If so, that will then take me to mid November and either i find a new way for a visa, or an agent, or, the borders may be open (fat chance) .

Thank you for your time

Yes, you can do as you outlined.

In addition you could after obtaining you 60 day extension obtain an 12 month permission of stay (extension) to non O (marriage).

That has financial requirements. Either min balance in Thai bank 400k baht or monthly income deposits for 2 months. 

If possible to satisfy that it covers you for next 12 months. Would be best to have the financials in place then apply for your 60 day extension.

• Like 1

Just now, PrasatKeith said:

Thank you. gives me time to sort finances then ready for november

Personally, I would apply as soon as you have your finances in place. Many folk have switched to non o marriage already.

• Like 1

I keep reminding everyone about the other option.

Many farangs have left and still none can enter. This has left many schools without enough foreign teachers. Walk into pretty much any school right now, they'll want you to start teaching immediately, and will get started on your Non-B visa. Don't think you can do it? Sing some songs, play some games, talk about the Premier League. It's better than nothing.

Make a difference for the future of Thailand, its children. Reach For The Power, Teach.

reachforthepower.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikey88 said:

How much is the agent requesting to change the visa for you...?

Can you say..?

And what location are you...?

The Visa Agent is located in Bangkok and often time recommend here on the forum. I think it's allowed to say it but PM me if you want to know who it is. He would like to have 37K for one year. 

I'm located in the region of Huahin 

17 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Better have a read through your policy.

acs.PNG

Not sure what the point is it covers what i want it to cover. I did not want any outpatient i got enough money to cover that. So why would I have to check my policy ?

17 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

What Thai or international medical insurance covers the major medical issues when you age? Think million+ baht medical issues? And how much you are paying?

Not the same as free insurance, medicare, etc.

Of course its not the same, but if i go to my country it would not be free either. You pay through taxes. Same if when your here you pay through taxes. My coverage is a million $ that is plenty. 

good afternoon,

here my story of personal agony caused by the thai bs recent restrictions. i m married for 25 years to my thai wife both we are 64 years old. i left thailand in january 2020 for medical treatment bound for my home country germany. then covid struck. now i have cannot return to my wife for those useless restrictions barring me from entering the country where i lived on an extension of stay based on marriage to a thai national. my extnsion is becoming invalid on august 4th 2020, thereafter i would need to apply for a non o single entry in hamburg. however given the current restriction nonsense 1. certificate of entry, 2. covid 19 test 3. fit to fly certificate 4. quarantine hotel 14 days. 5. meeting at the embassy 400 km away. 

i got already a flight with klm and rebooked 3 times til 3.11.2020 with return 29.04.2021. why is a covid 19 test and a medical insurance not enough , why a stupid hotel booking for i have my owen residence in thailand.

I agree a covid 19 test and health insurance coverage euro 95000 is necesaary. I found AXA euro 195 6 months , unlimited treatment expenses and letter provided stating covid 19 is not excluded.  I have also sufficient fundsi n a my thai account.

cheers

roobaa01

Edited by roobaa01
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 7:23 AM, RichardColeman said:

I think I'll just not renew my tenants lease, sell the house , move up north and buy a better house and fund the wife and our daughter coming here.

Better late than never. Evermore onerous hoops to jump through with the UK government and regular price hikes for settlement visas. I assume your daughter is already a British citizen, so one less problem.  Good luck.