BANGKOK
bestie

Waiting, Paying or Leaving? What are you planning to do?

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've been seriously ill twice with no medical insurance.

3x if you include smashing my face on the road after an RTA.

Biggest bill in the government hospital so far around 3,500bht.

I'm talking cancer, heart and other lovely issues that come with age. 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

ACS pay around a 1000$ per half year for it. 

What the heck does this mean?. 

Screenshot-20200801-114918.jpg

15 minutes ago, Pravda said:

What the heck does this mean?. 

Screenshot-20200801-114918.jpg

No idea, im not an insurance broker. I know what i got and what it covers. I set it up years ago. Mail them and see. I only know what my insurance covers. 

I also have no outpatient coverage. So medicine (outpatient) ill have to pay myself. 

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'm talking cancer, heart and other lovely issues that come with age. 

That can come with age. I am taking care of my body (not a guarantee of course). But it helps to eat healthy and to stay in shape. In general it gives one a better quality of life later on. But <deleted> happens of course. 

35 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

No problem MM, I have enough followers who actually get it! Rest easy!

Birds of a feather flock together. Nothing wrong with you moving on. The overly negative part i see with people who have to leave is what i have a problem with. I don't think Oz is a bad place to stay. My country on the other hand.. not that much fun. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

No problem MM, I have enough followers who actually get it! Rest easy!

No excuse for doing a runner mate. 

3 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

People and surroundings don't pay medical bills.

I have money to pay mine. But yes, one needs to take care of themselves. Anway his complaint was about the government and immigration..

1 hour ago, robblok said:

No idea, im not an insurance broker. I know what i got and what it covers. I set it up years ago. Mail them and see. I only know what my insurance covers. 

I also have no outpatient coverage. So medicine (outpatient) ill have to pay myself. 

Yep. This is exactly what I mean. I have no idea and don't want to deal with surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance when I'm old or God forbid sick. In Canada while I'm lying sick in the bed I won't have to worry about 90 day reports, extensions bill discrepancire from the hospital, insurance paperwork and wondering if they'll pay or not. 

Based on the information I read on this forum and some real life experiences with my previous wife who's friend died of cancer because insurance policy from international company only covered a small part of chemo therapy I think I'll pass on my retirement in Thailand. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yep. This is exactly what I mean. I have no idea and don't want to deal with surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance when I'm old or God forbid sick. In Canada while I'm lying sick in the bed I won't have to worry about 90 day reports, extensions bill discrepancire from the hospital, insurance paperwork and wondering if they'll pay or not. 

Based on the information I read on this forum and some real life experiences with my previous wife who's friend died of cancer because insurance policy from international company only covered a small part of chemo therapy I think I'll pass on my retirement in Thailand. 

But its not as if its hard to set it up once so you have good insurance. It does not take long to arange this and then be ready with it. It just takes some time setting it up but once that is done its done.

Yes immigration sucks that is the one thing i definitely hate about Thailand. 

You are really hung up about cancer and disease any reason for this. (just curious no flame)

I paid the man money and he gave me some paper.  He said come back next month and pay me more money.  So I did it for 4 years.  He said something like 'pay your protection money or I break your leg when no have camera.'  So I keep paying.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

No excuse for doing a runner mate. 

You really don't get it, do you!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Why would you get 'surprises from hospitals, immigration and insurance'? They all spell out what they offer in advance. 

I've just come out of hospital with a 700k hospital bill that was completely paid by my highly reputable, healthcare provider. No questions asked.

Immigration rules don't change that much. They want to deter those that cannot provide for themselves but if you can, and fit the criteria for retirement etc, apart from a slightly annoying 90 day reporting, it's pretty straight forward.

It seems to me you are hearing reports from people who took out sub-standard cover and when the serious stuff happened (cancer being pretty near the top), they realised you get what you pay for. As I mentioned before, my health cover costs 10k per month BUT I am literally covered for absolutely all expenses for as long as those expenses last. There are plenty of things in the world where it's good to save money; I would venture that health insurance isn't one of them.