BANGKOK
webfact

Travel agent predicts tourists will return as soon as Covid-19 ends

11 minutes ago, Jeff Simoneaux said:

At 73 years old you and everyone else should have already had that amount insurance as minimum for many years. It's foreigners like you that make it difficult for people like me to get back to our homes in Thailand. That would cost you 10 times more in most other countries. I understand why they don't want people like you back. Hell...i don't either.

If people felt they were good health and wanted to take a chance at self-insuring, then having a locked account with a minimum 500,000 baht for possible medical care, is a possible alternative. Although this would not be enough to cover all illnesses, it should cover most life-threatening illnesses until well enough to travel home. (We are guests here)

But having no medical insurance and no savings could very likely cost the Thai government a lot of money for a non-Thai citizen. 
Even though my family history has no history of heart attacks or cancer, I do not feel comfortable self-insuring.

No predictions when the covid-19 will go away of course and when flights can start again. But this $100,000 insurance looks like an issue as I am approaching 70. 

On 7/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, JusticeGB said:

Yeah and pigs will fly as long as the stupid rules are kept in place to allow travel into Thailand. I am 73 and $100,000 of health insurance would cost 124,000 baht plus 30,000 baht minimum for 2 weeks of compulsory quarantine before I can even start my holiday and another 2 weeks of quarantine assuming that I returned to the UK. 

Army will be voted out next election. But the army Senate made up of crooks will remain 

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

As I read it, the article said »...once the Covid-19 crisis is resolved.«

Sort of like the "Visit Thailand Once in a Lifetime" video.

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess we should all trust Trump.

It will go away - eventually.

In theory he will be right - eventually.

Better than running with your hair on fire

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

People keep saying but they don't listen because they don't want to hear; it will take a widely distributed vaccine to get back to "normal", though normal will never be what it was.

NOTHING Thailand can do or promise will change that.

Edited by DefaultName

everytime i hear a statement from someone in the thai tourism industry its like they want this to carry on as long as possible they're encouraging the government to carry on, any other country the tourism industry would be telling their government to open up. if you dont like us i suggest another career where you don't have to deal with tourists....oh actually on 2nd thoughts you will be looking for another job soon    som nom nah

Duhhh.. like saying the sun will probably come out in the morning. 

23 hours ago, Brunolem said:

What does it mean exactly that covid 19 ends?

Zero new case worldwide?

I think that is a fair question.  When there is an effective vaccine available then there will be some easing of restrictions but I think it will be years before we end up with "normal" and then it will be a new normal.

In some countries the figures are rising, Mexico being the latest to show a massive increase.  There is a surge in Spain again and it looks like France has more cases in certain areas.  Johnson has put the brakes on the easing in the UK because of spikes in the north.

All this makes kick starting the economy harder and the cost of that will last for a generation or two, or so they say. 

• Thanks 1

Predictions are almost always wrong; especially predictions about the future.

😉