Travel agent predicts tourists will return as soon as Covid-19 ends

webfact

Nobody is going to wan't to come here with all the backtracking that government departments keep changing their minds. Far to expensive. What with ฿100,000 travel insurance to leave LOS & a 100,000 US Dollar travel insurance to gain entry to Thailand. That's ฿3.1 Million insurance cover. Then COE certificate of entry, surely that's what a visa is for. Then not one but two fit to fly certificates, (normally only used for heavily pregnant women & people with abnormal blood pressure). You would need to take many days or weeks off from work just to get the paper work in place prior to travel. Husband, wife & two kids going on holiday, to get that paper work in place will be more expensive than your actual holiday.

No doubt there will be some more backtracking in the not to distant future. TIT

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No one will dare fly long hail these days.

Who wants to wear a mask for 13 hours on a flight from Europe to anywhere.

I have flown all around Europe on many flights during the last 2 months and hated wearing a mask even for 2 hours or 2 and half hours.

Most flights had pax that would take them off and constant flight crew advising if they were unwilling to wear the flight would be diverted and they would be offloaded with return with that airline cancelled with no refund.

Tourism is just not going to happen in Thailand or anywhere else if people have to wear a mask on the aircraft.

Lets be real about this.

• Like 1

the hysteria over the danger of the virus will dissuade most people from taking long-haul flights for about 1 year

until thailand announces that arriving tourists are free to go where they please, no one will choose to come here

and because a lot of people have taken an economic hit over the virus, most will not be interested in a big-ticket holiday for a good while

and other tourist/beach type countries will surely be open long before thailand, giving people a taste of another travel choice.....

56 minutes ago, Teee said:

No one will dare fly long hail these days.

Who wants to wear a mask for 13 hours on a flight from Europe to anywhere.

I have flown all around Europe on many flights during the last 2 months and hated wearing a mask even for 2 hours or 2 and half hours.

Most flights had pax that would take them off and constant flight crew advising if they were unwilling to wear the flight would be diverted and they would be offloaded with return with that airline cancelled with no refund.

Tourism is just not going to happen in Thailand or anywhere else if people have to wear a mask on the aircraft.

Lets be real about this.

I don't know if there's any kind of masks besides the professional divers helmets that are designed to be worn for such extended hours. Paper masks will be looking like a moldy jungle by the time the plane lands and people wearing fabric ones will probably need extra oxygen, as the moist fabric just won't flow air anymore. I had a N95 3M on in February flying Samui-U-Tapao, the strap nearly sawed my ears off. Very uncomfortable.